krakmunkey

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I am working on rooting a friends phone which i know i should not do. I have lost the screen drivers when i did the revert to V9 using K500 method. Now i have root, Xionia CWMA, and running Your Mom Rom, with ginger kernel, but i still cant see the screen except through droid screen capture on my computer. What do i do to fix this

krakmunkey

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
well i probably did a very stupid thing i recover the phone from one of my CWMA backups off of my phone thinking that it would fix the screen issue It did kinda, the screen turns on now when the phone is fully booted up, but the recovery does not show on the screen and the boot animes do not show. also the phone does not get any service sitting right next to mine that does.

Ez Duzit

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The optimus has 2 versions of lcd. Your friends phone probably has the newer version. You reverted to V9 which only has the old drivers, hence the dark screen. Use sprints ZVD revert, following the directions in the link below. And hope you didn't completely bork your friends phone by restoring a back up from a different phone. The ZVD revert should get the phone working again but it will be running ZVD not ZVH. If it still doesn't work, you owe your friend a phone.
As a side note there's nothing wrong with rooting someone else's phone, but when your friend puts his trust in you, and you claim to know what your doing, then you better know exactly what the hell your doing! Because it's not your phone to screw up!
Sorry to be so harsh but hopefully lesson learned.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-available.html

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Jesus Kid!

well i probably did a very stupid thing i recover the phone from one of my CWMA backups off of my phone thinking that it would fix the screen issue It did kinda, the screen turns on now when the phone is fully booted up, but the recovery does not show on the screen and the boot animes do not show. also the phone does not get any service sitting right next to mine that does.

That is something you should NEVER do, as if your phone has a old LCD board, and your friends is new than that can make a potential mistake when flashing your nandroid backup. therefore as the post before me said, just use the ZVD update and there is no need for recovery as you can do it all on the computer, just flash ZVD. but if you want Your-Moms-ROM then you need ZVH. and when you said that your friend doesnt have service this might be because he is on a ZVD radio and your moms rom is a ZVH radio. Update to ZVH with the guides post in the thread and then give him your moms rom.

krakmunkey

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
ok did the official V9 revert again and the screen only comes on when fully booted but can not make any calls. pretty sure ill be buying a new phoone.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Don't give up yet. Here's what you need to do:

Search google for Screencast. Download and set that up. This will allow you to view on your pc screen what is actually happening on the blank screen on the phone.

Download the ZVD official update.zip from this thread. And place on the root of your sd card.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=1314752

Now assuming you still have the stock recovery, and screencast working, boot into recovery and you should see it via your computer screen. Then flash the update.zip. You will probably want to do a factory reset after flashing, then reboot into ZVD.

At this point you should be able to see the stock recovery show up on the phone screen.

Edit : I know that this may seem like repetitive instructions, but I'm fairly confident that now that you have a stock recovery, if you get the right baseband and radio on that phone, it should restore service. You probably dont have service right now because those 2 things are mismatched.

Last edited: