Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By epidenimus
  • 1 Post By epidenimus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    cm 7.2

Default adb and terminal use

hello i have been using this forum for a little while, and occasionally run into a tutorial where it tells me to use adb, or terminal or something like that. i dont know what this means. how do you do it?
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: adb and terminal use

ADB refers to the Android Debugging Bridge, it is a part of the . It allows you to send commands and files to your phone when it is connected to your PC. You would need to install--or download and run locally--the Android SDK to use it (and the device drivers, if you are using Winblows).
    Last edited by epidenimus; 02-08-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    ddamienzz likes this.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

ADB or terminal refers to using Linux commands on the phone. ADB can be used by connecting the phone via USB and enabling debugging via Settings. This is a lot easier than installing Android Terminal and typing the commands via the softkeyboard. There are a few other ways to accomplish the same thing (telnet/ssh) but that's for another discussion.

-- Starfox

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by lolinternet View Post
    That's a pretty good ADB guide, but it's with mentioning that you can ignore anything about fastboot or HBOOT as the Optimus uses neither.
    Thanked by:
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

I'd be happy to put a link to an ADB guide in the newcomers' post if anyone has a good source that is up to date, includes Mac and Linux, and preferably omits the fastboot and HBOOT stuff.
    Thanked by:
    ddamienzz likes this.
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

I used the setup from ' How to flash rom without SD card '. Now I use adb for everything.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousNoob View Post
    I used the setup from ' How to flash rom without SD card '. Now I use adb for everything.
    I sometimes use Terminal Emulator on the device, but having the real keyboard and ADB really makes things quicker. Either way, I prefer the manual approach, so I can both see what's happening and learn how to do things with it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    cm 7.2

that would be much appreciated