[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband Alp

do we need to uninstall the old one?

EDIT: Adding it is easier said than done. ADB won't connect, Astro says that directory is read only, ES says copy failed, and the built in browser, once I select copy, it takes me to the copy to dialogue, which only lets me copy to the sd card.

Use root exploter and mount system as R/w on the top right.
Copy/replace the gallery.apk in System/app I guess, go back and change it to R/O.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

nvmd. Got it with ES.

Had to delete the old one before the new one would copy over (well technically, I had to delete the new one to get the old one to copy over, but that's just confusing).

EDIT: Unfortunately, still no go. new gallery has been copied in and still displays that same black screen.

EDIT 2: Force stopped, than cleared data, than rebooted. IT NOW WORKS!!

EDIT 3: I think I saw someone say that the slideshow mode wouldn't work. It's working for me.

EDIT 4: Now it's dead again.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickAkridge

duffkitty

Lurker
May 25, 2010
Visit site

Copy/replace the gallery.apk in System/app I guess, go back and change it to R/O.

I bought Root Explorer early in my Android adventures. Best investment made. This and Titanium Backup are almost must haves for people rooting their phone.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm a little confused here. How Come I had a working gallery, I held the home button to go to recent apps, saw gallery, selected it, and now, no matter what I do, I'm in blackscreen land?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok. to me it just sounded like you were whining. Sorry if i sounded rude at all.

No no. I wasn't, but it sure sounded like that didn't it?

That's fine. I should be more careful with my posts. Thanks for looking at the post, anyways... :)

You didn't sound rude at all; you were just asssuring me that the bugs will be fixed and that it's an alpha build.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

my baseband says unknown. I havent done updates on my phone for a while.

This is what i show. Whats should i do first.

Mod version: 11152011-cm7.2.rc0-iho-kraven
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-v3.3 bobzhome@ubuntu #1
Build Number: GWK74 (11152011/LS670)
Baseband Version: Unknown

i want this rom with working data lol most importantly mobile hotspot for my kindle fire.

That's okay... everybody's says "Unknown"...

As soon as you flash a custom ROM, most of the time, your baseband will appear as "Unknown". Be sure that you flashed the downgrade from ZVH to ZVD if you had ZVH before you flashed.

If you flashed ZVH before the ROM, espiecally if you flashed it on a custom recovery image, you shouldn't have anything working..

Do you need the downgrade zip file? You should need it if you are on the ROM with ZVH....

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm a little confused here. How Come I had a working gallery, I held the home button to go to recent apps, saw gallery, selected it, and now, no matter what I do, I'm in blackscreen land?

It was more than likely working in alpha1...

Were you in alpha1 when it was working or were you in alpha2?

If you are in alpha1 while it was working and it is now not working and you are STILL in alpha1, reboot into recovery and wipe cache and delvik cache. Delvik cache can be found in "Advanced". Then reboot; if that doesn't work, try reflashing alpha1.. While alpha1 may contain support for Gallery, alpha2 doesn't. I've got a buddy that flashed alpha1 ICS and he had working Gallery, so I don't know if the bug is widespread or if it is from person to person.

I think pretty much of everybody's Gallery is not working because alpha2 contains a bug for the gallery... Kraven is working on getting us a working camera and gallery into the ROM....

Thanks for posting...

Reply if you still need help.

If you are having trouble with the data, too, I have a post on this thread on page 14 if you need help.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Do you mean from another ROM? I would think that if you replaced the .apk file from the one on kraven's CM7 port that it would crash?....

I understand WHAT file you replaced... but I would like to know WHAT YOU REPLACED IT WITH..

Thanks for the help..

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site

So alpha1 runs better for me than alpha2, so that's what I'm running - but with the edited build.prop to get rid of the red box. Also, FWIW, the good old adb trick to set app install location to sd still works in ICS, allowing you to force move apps such as music to sd which normally restrict you from doing this. It's a slightly different command, though:

Code:
adb shell
pm set-install-location 2

That's it. Now at least I can install enough apps to make this a usable rom for a while:p

Just be sure to move any widgets back over to internal memory after you install them. This won't move any apps already on internal, so get something like app2sd or just go through the standard settings menu to move them.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

nice!!

I might revert back to VD to try it out, but that seems like a lot of work. lol

Can't you do it without ADB? At one time, I had script files that I got from somewhere that you could put on your SD card and revert to custom recovery just by using the files in Terminal Emulator... Although that seems easy... I can't think of where I got that file.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

It was more than likely working in alpha1...

Were you in alpha1 when it was working or were you in alpha2?
If you are in alpha1 while it was working and it is now not working and you are STILL in alpha1, reboot into recovery and wipe cache and delvik cache. Delvik cache can be found in "Advanced". I know where dalvik is, thank you. Dalvik is spelled with an a, not an eThen reboot; if that doesn't work, try reflashing alpha1.. While alpha1 may contain support for Gallery, alpha2 doesn't. I've got a buddy that flashed alpha1 ICS and he had working Gallery, so I don't know if the bug is widespread or if it is from person to person.

I think pretty much of everybody's Gallery is not working because alpha2 contains a bug for the gallery... Kraven is working on getting us a working camera and gallery into the ROM....
I'm following his instructions of using the gallery from A1 into A2
Thanks for posting...

Reply if you still need help.

If you are having trouble with the data, too, I have a post on this thread on page 14 if you need help.
Thank you for that post. after reading the instructions, I still have to flip airplane mode, than data after every reboot, but other than that, it works.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Kraven, I actually think that the problem with the 3G is the APN's. I know it sounds stupid. My post on Page 14 works... but I checked APN's last night to be sure that the APN's were there so that I could further investigate the problem of the 3G... there were NO APN's saved on the phone. I correctly created the two APN's and now data is flashing in and out again. I will keep trying new things, but I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention because this seems unusually odd...

Google Voice messages won't send or receive like they did before..

I rebooted just now. Wiped cache and Delvik Cache... I rebooted again...

I did what I did in my page 14 post...

Using the *#*#4636#*#* method now..

UPDATE - Everything is passing when data bars are not showing... I guess ICS just needed a reboot...'

Anyone else having this problem... I mean... with the APN's killing your data connections?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. I had to toggle airplane mode three times some times. Please remember though... If you reboot, something is keeping 3G from sticking. You've gotta redo the prodecure after reboot...

Toggle Airplane Mode 2-3 X
Toggle Mobile Data 2-3 X

If data (3G) icon is not staying on the top bar,

Go to dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* go to phone > run ping test...

If it says pass on all three, your good. If not, try reflashing ROM or check APN's..

Glad it helped.
Please hit the thanks button if you have time :))))

Reactions: Va1ha11a

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Could you give me the number of your post, please? Thread search for you name gives me too many repsonses to know which one you mean. And I do not have page 14 yet. Thanks

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Give the post number would help. I do not use the forum default of posts per page so my numbering varies. I show this post on page 5. I'm having trouble finding future posts on page 14. ;)

Never thought of that.. thnx

Sent from my LG-LS670 with CyanogenMod 9 and Ice Cream Sandwich!

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks. I had to toggle airplane mode three times some times. Please remember though... If you reboot, something is keeping 3G from sticking. You've gotta redo the prodecure after reboot...

Toggle Airplane Mode 2-3 X
Toggle Mobile Data 2-3 X

If data (3G) icon is not staying on the top bar,

Go to dialer and type *#*#4636#*#* go to phone > run ping test...

If it says pass on all three, your good. If not, try reflashing ROM or check APN's..

Glad it helped.
Please hit the thanks button if you have time :))))

Ping test fails for me since I have very weak 1x only at my house. I need to setup with wifi and then go about 3 blocks to a high point to get 3g.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

For the users that asked me to post the post # for my 3G/Data fix...

It is post #134 on Page 14 when you are on the desktop version of AC on a computer.

It is post #134 all around though.