Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 113 of 180 FirstFirst ... 110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4495
Like Tree1000Likes

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

Test 13 kernel, smooth, no clock lag now. Everything still works coming from 10. Tried bob z ics 2.5, needs work.

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2
    DEVASTATOR

ROM
    Cool As Ice alpha 14

Default Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 5/6 ZVD basesband Alph

I guess I should pop test kernel 13 on and see what happens.

Edit: I guess I should've downloaded test kernel 13 a while back.
    yes, that old

ROM
    Codename Android / franco

Quote Originally Posted by Thraeryn View Post
    I guess I should pop test kernel 13 on and see what happens.

Edit: I guess I should've downloaded test kernel 13 a while back.
    Post 2

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS ROM & Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
    [JB 4.3] [JWR66V] Cataclysm

T-Mobile $30 / 5Gb / 100 min Cellular | CSipSimple + voip.ms VoIP

Kindle Fire
    [JB 4.3] [JSS15J] AOSP for the Kindle Fire
    DEVASTATOR

ROM
    Cool As Ice alpha 14

Oh, good. I need to stay on top of things now that I'm back from Flipside.

ROM
    COLD AS ICE-CM9 Alpha 10g

Probably blind, but i can't find the test kernel 13. Clock lag bugs me. Lol.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2806  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

A few new things for alpha 11 testers. These could possibly work with 10G, but untested.
    • Test9 boot.img. Has test13 kernel. Added permissions. New CM boot image.
    • Test 15 kernel. Has the latest adreno mdp files, may need the 11c display driver patch also for camcorder to work again.
    • Alpha 11 display patch for test 15 kernel
    Thanked by 2:
    Va1ha11a and Badboytoast like this.
    Themer. You've seen them

ROM
    Stock

I haven't been using my phone much lately, but tonight I needed to write a much needed email to someone and so after typing about 600 words, the keyboard lagged like crazyyy. I rebooted and still had the same problem.I think it must just be Gmail though because tapatalk it working fine. Strange...

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

so, wait, which do we flash first to test? the 11c display patch, or test kernel 15?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2809  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Test 15 kernel goes with 11c patch, otherwise camcorder is broke. There's a mdp driver file that keeps getting updates that affects the camcorder. So it requires a new kernel update. I'll release alpha 11 later tonight with the latest fixes. I've been waiting for offline charging fixes from the p500 guys, but i guess it will have to wait till the next update.

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Test 15 kernel goes with 11c patch, otherwise camcorder is broke. There's a mdp driver file that keeps getting updates that affects the camcorder. So it requires a new kernel update. I'll release alpha 11 later tonight with the latest fixes. I've been waiting for offline charging fixes from the p500 guys, but i guess it will have to wait till the next update.
    Thanks, I meant which order to flash in recovery. I read that kernel is always flashed last, so i did the mdp driver first and kernel 15 second.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2811  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

wipe cache, wipe boot, flash patches, boot.img (optional), flash kernel

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Everything is still really slow and laggy for me. I wiped cache and dalvik, flashed the boot.img, driver patch, and kernel 15.

i had been running my nand of CM7.2 all day today and it was night and day as far as speed is concerned.

i guess maybe i should clean flash the next alpha and see if that helps :\ i was hoping to avoid that though, since reinstalling all the apps and customizing settings is kind of a pain

ROM
    TheKravensCM9 Cold As Ice

I have installed Test 15 kernel on Alpha10g and almost everything works.
    The camera FC's when I try to use panorama mode.
    Speaker phone does not work, neither does the built in encryption.
    Otherwise a very very good rom.

I also used the Amphetamines! script with no problems whatsoever.
    It actually helped speed up video playback on my phone.

If development stopped on this rom I would still use it.
    I can't go back to CM7

ROM
    Drew's CM10

Panorama mode won't work yet and I think only stock roms support the encryption (I'm probably wrong though). Also I would never go back to Froyo or gingerbread after tasting Kraven's amazing ice cream :-)

Some feedback for 11c:
    Alpha 11c by itself had some lags but after installing test 15 and the qcom drivers, camcorder works great and the system feels smoother than before. The boot time is amazingly fast too. Finally rested the theme engine with the Holo red APK and not sure if it's a apex launcher thing or a system bug but the color of the app drawer didn't change at all. So it's still blue while the rest of my system is red. But overall, great work as usual :-P

Edit: my bad, just noticed that apex has its own theme system. Now if only the theme I have installed would color the download progress bars red too.. (My phone feels like the MCP from Tron lol)

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    backside

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Will the current vm fix work for a11?

ROM
    backside

When I select record video for mms I get this screen.
    yes, that old

ROM
    Codename Android / franco

Quote Originally Posted by prowlingfox View Post
    i guess maybe i should clean flash the next alpha and see if that helps :\ i was hoping to avoid that though, since reinstalling all the apps and customizing settings is kind of a pain
    That is what I have been doing every time a new ROM releases, 11a, 11c. It is a PITA, but I jotted down the essential settings I need, in order. Restoring from data nand or TIBU causes most issues reported here. Gotta flash clean on alpha testing I've found. Then install bare bones apps needed to use during whatever test time I have, and enter settings fresh. Nand to CM7 for times when phone use has to be reliable.

ROM
    tdm's AOKP ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt View Post
    That is what I have been doing every time a new ROM releases, 11a, 11c. It is a PITA, but I jotted down the essential settings I need, in order. Restoring from data nand or TIBU causes most issues reported here. Gotta flash clean on alpha testing I've found. Then install bare bones apps needed to use during whatever test time I have, and enter settings fresh. Nand to CM7 for times when phone use has to be reliable.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I haven't clean flashed since alpha 9. So, it's likely that at this point it's just so messy from flashing so many things without wiping everything....so yeah i'll definitely clean flash this next alpha and see if things are running faster.

I also realized that I reaaaaaallyyy missed having bluetooth and speakerphone....haha
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2819  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by benslgdroid View Post
    When I select record video for mms I get this screen.
    Click to view quoted image

Right now, video recording is set at 640x480 and a high bitrate, so not really mms friendly. I haven't seen any quality options available yet. You could go changing things in the media_profiles.xml to mms settings.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2820  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Default Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 6/3 ZVD basesband Alph

Alpha 11D is up. Virgin fix coming soon.

Comes with Test kernel 16. Latest cm9 sync as of june 2nd. Most of the fixes from the p500 guys. Same audio files and bluetooth files. No offline charging yet.

Cm9 commits https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...se/commits/ics
    Thanked by 7:
    pluesama, Va1ha11a, mlson and 1 others like this.

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

I flashed the boot img with test 13 included to 10g and its good. I noticed I had no volume control with the 13 kernel alone, now it works with this flash. I'm gonna wait on 11d until VM fix is ready.

are we able to use this rom to use the portable wifi hotspot in wpa-psk mode? i know we are supposed to use a app (barnacle or wifi tether) as a work around. i have a kindle fire that can connect the the optimus hotspot when using a gb based rom and wpa-psk. no app, just the stock wifi hotspot from the rom.

however, when i run this rom and the wifi tether or barnacle app, they seem to only use wep, so it doesn't work the same. my kindle fire (hashcode's 3.0 kernel) sees the ad-hoc hotspot, it will connect and state "optaining ip address" for a while, never connecting, and then disconnect and the process starts over.

i'm a noob, so i would appreciate any insight that you might have. is the first scenario (wpa-psk) not ad-hoc? any other workarounds for this wonderful rom?

thanks in advance

ROM
    Cold As Ice /Hydro ICS

Running good,

11d with VM fix running well. Thanks for the work.
    DEVASTATOR

ROM
    Cool As Ice alpha 14

11d, data2sd mod. Things are still a little slow for me based on sd card class, but I think I'm seeing improvement on app load times. I should clean install sometime soon for kicks, see how my load times fare.

Camera and camcorder work, but don't show the little gallery preview for recent items in the lower-right corner. Camcorder took a few seconds to save after I stopped recording, but the elapsed time display was halted at 15 seconds, so I at least knew it wasn't just recording more and more and more.

Still no weather on lockscreen even though I have it enabled. Is it just not possible with the pattern lock?

Going to disable ClockSync automagic updating and see how things go as the day progresses.

can't remember any of the recent commits even though I looked at them ten minutes ago, so testing suggestions are welcome.