[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Kyleluvsandroid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 5/6 ZVD basesband Alph

It drives me up the wall that adobe flash won't run on here. Initially the only reason I went to this rom was for the time warner app to play live tv you have to have ics. So I flashed this and found out you can't watch with a rooted phone. Then I found a version of the app that was moded and will run. Well it will let me go in now, I can hear audio but after a minute it says it can't play this stream please try another or try again later. I am assumeing it is from flash not working. Possibly could the moded app. Will anyone ever get flash working on here??????????? Also is there a way to unroot cm9 so the app can't even tell it was ever rooted? Then I just flash backup to be rooted again.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Well dude I'm in the same boat just be patient flash will come

I flashed 10g and it seems less stable than 10f the ui is tweaky border and search box flash and dolphin force closes like a liquor store it just got robbed....
On the up side it boots up 2x fast

Kraven your doing a good job man I'm sure your head hurts but you know what they say "if your doing something hard your probably not drinking enough"

No on a serious note this rom is gorgeous and IV been stalking this thread like more than I should. screw the up comeing movie releases whens cold as ice gonna be out?
(That wasn't a request for a ETA so I saved a life!:p )

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Actually as far as flash not working I don't thinks its the rom its the armv6 port of flash they are useing a flash framework for gb sure the the APK is for ics but the lib file they r useing is for gb I'm not sure but I don't think ics uses the same paths as gb for these files can someone confirm or deny this comment?
I'm thinking libs are incompatible:'(
.......or its the rom we have nothing to compare:'(

mikebontoft

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

android is updating message...... just tell me that's normal and I didn't mess up the upgrade?? Always completely wiped everything (as a clean install)

mikebontoft

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

thanks... it's all here so it worked. I just didn't want to end up having to root it and whatever else I had to do once awhile back.

nice, as mentioned the camcorder works. No trouble with it closing out. Will need that player though to watch it.

Will note the first time I tried to update, I had a bad zip file (well, according to the recovery) followed the link on page 91 (for me, I imagine it goes to the same place) but that one worked after I downloaded it.

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

FYI all, if you're looking for a theme chooser theme, I suggest checking out the Mixer theme on XDA. MrDSL posted an MDPI test and it works really well!

Link? I can't find it, other than the cm7 mdpi mixer theme.

bertimus2002

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having Maps issues finding your location with GPS? I am on 10F and the first day Google Maps found my location, but since then it won't refresh. It just says waiting on location.

All Location Options are selected in the System Settings so I'm a little lost as to what else may be causing it. Everything else is stock Alpha 10F.

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It drives me up the wall that adobe flash won't run on here. Initially the only reason I went to this rom was for the time warner app to play live tv you have to have ics. So I flashed this and found out you can't watch with a rooted phone. Then I found a version of the app that was moded and will run. Well it will let me go in now, I can hear audio but after a minute it says it can't play this stream please try another or try again later. I am assumeing it is from flash not working. Possibly could the moded app. Will anyone ever get flash working on here??????????? Also is there a way to unroot cm9 so the app can't even tell it was ever rooted? Then I just flash backup to be rooted again.

Well since adobe is slowly killing flash I'd assume that it's not flash your TWC app uses but hardware accelerated video with no software rendering fallback. Hardware accelerated video isn't working yet iirc. (MX player switches to software mode, which works well)

Most video apps do not use Flash anymore, the ones that do will either have to adapt or die once adobe finally kills it.

That said, the reason that the arm6 versions don't work are because they're mostly fakes, most of the time they're 10.2 with the latest version's APK (which while the APK is the correct version it's only the ARM7 version until we replace the libraries with the ARM6 10.2 ones (which either don't work at all our don't work properly with ICS). If flash is that important on a system that can handle streaming video via other means (TCP, HTTP, RTMP, HTML5, etc) then petition adobe to release official ARM6 packages so that people aren't relying on packages that don't work or are mismatched versions.

It's not exactly a problem with the ROM that causes adobe flash not to work but rather that adobe doesn't release a compatible flash package for our processor officially.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

WannaB

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So I had something interesting happen today. Idk if it happens to everyone but I sometimes get random black screen freezes so I have to do a battery pull to get my phone to come back on. Well today I noticed it looked like it wasn't going to come back on when I noticed it did and it said "SD card unexpectedly ejected or removed" ( something of that nature ) anyone else have this happening?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

res6jya6

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having Maps issues finding your location with GPS? I am on 10F and the first day Google Maps found my location, but since then it won't refresh. It just says waiting on location.

All Location Options are selected in the System Settings so I'm a little lost as to what else may be causing it. Everything else is stock Alpha 10F.

Try clearing maps data. .

Who will guard the guards?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
No, just speakerphone switching.. before it was routing thru the handset speaker and the speakerphone at the same time. i really haven't got much feedback on the test1 audio though.

It routes to speaker now, audio still so low I almost have to hold to my ear. I miss the wired HS mic though, since I get calls while riding with music and my hands are busy.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS ROM & Tapatalk

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
VM.fix isn't working for me on alpha10G, I'm stuck on bootloop after installing it. Other than that, before installing the fix everything else worked fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

res6jya6

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
VM.fix isn't working for me on alpha10G, I'm stuck on bootloop after installing it. Other than that, before installing the fix everything else worked fine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

I think we came to the agreement a few pages back that VM users shouldn't be posting here... kraven is developing for the LS and there may be some small differences that can cause problems.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I think we came to the agreement a few pages back that VM users shouldn't be posting here... kraven is developing for the LS and there may be some small differences that can cause problems.

In that discussion, it was noted that thekraven asked some VM users to test. It was asked that they preface their post subjects with VM- to make it easier to identify.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781