Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 159 of 180 FirstFirst ... 156157158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4495
Like Tree1000Likes
  1. #3951  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Full wipe and beyond. Repartitioned. Two different sd cards. Have had these same two issues each time I've installed. TWRP 2.2.2.1

    Let me ask you something. Which Jo Ann Fabrics app did you try? The sneaky third party app or the one issued by the company? 5th International US, Inc is the publisher of the real app.
    [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android  LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19-screenshot_2012-11-11-07-43-59.png[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android  LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19-screenshot_2012-11-11-08-05-25.png

    The reason I would like to use this ROM is access to ADB. With BobZ', I have no ADB connectivity. But, these two apps, used frequently, might force me to go back and then figure out a way around the lack of ADB support.

    If it matters, in case I haven't mentioned it, this is an OV with your patch for the buttons applied.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3952  
    thekraven's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    I see now. It's a few lines in the build.prop that makes the difference for market capatibility. You can make the changes on the phone via Root browser app.. adb pull and push the build.prop to make the changes. If it works, i'll update the virgin patch. Unless Bobzhome's are different values there.

    ro.product.model=LG-VM670
    ro.product.device=VM670
    ro.build.product=VM670
    ro.cm.device=VM670


    And make sure you don't mess with these lines and leave as is for the nav buttons. If you delete the #, it will make it stay on all the time.
    # turn on navbar keys
    # qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
    Last edited by thekraven; 11-11-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    Thraeryn likes this.
  3. #3953  
    exProphecy's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Wait so for the steps on installation for Optimus V:
    1. Full wipe + wipe dalvik & wipe cache
    2. Flash "Alpha 18c" zip
    3. Flash "New Gapps with older voice search inside"
    4. Flash "10/13 Virgine fix for alpha 18"
    5. Boot
    Is that right? By the way, I'm on ZV4 is that going to be a problem o.o
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3954  
    thekraven's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Looks like you did everything correctly. I flashed the VM patch too and got the market incompatibility on those apps.

    After you make the build.prop changes, you will need force stop Play and clear data, then force stop Google framework and clear data. Reboot and clear cache and dalvik.

    Settings/apps/ All tab... find Google play store ..force stop .. clear data
    same tab.. find Google services framework. force stop .. clear data

    how to solve the problem of 'This app is not compatible with your device'


    New Virgin patch below with the changes.

    Virgin.fix2.cm9alpha18.zip
    Thanked by 3:
    Thraeryn likes this.
  5. #3955  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    hmmm... that's the problem I have now with the navbar... it does stay all the time.
    as for the other changes to the build.prop, I'll make those and get back to you in a few hours. have to go to jo-ann's and get the wife some more yarn since she's working today. it's a fair trade off, she knits and i get to play with the phone stuff...
  6. #3956  
    Zakman's Avatar

    Posts
    492 Posts
    ROM
    CM10/BobzHome's 4.1

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Kraven, can u have the option for the normal task switcher rather than the sense one?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    johnh02 likes this.
  7. #3957  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    I see now. It's a few lines in the build.prop that makes the difference for market capatibility. You can make the changes on the phone via Root browser app.. adb pull and push the build.prop to make the changes. If it works, i'll update the virgin patch. Unless Bobzhome's are different values there.

    ro.product.model=LG-VM670
    ro.product.device=VM670
    ro.build.product=VM670
    ro.cm.device=VM670


    And make sure you don't mess with these lines and leave as is for the nav buttons. If you delete the #, it will make it stay on all the time.
    # turn on navbar keys
    # qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
    I'm rebooting with the ro. changes right now. As for the navbar things you mentioned, they're not anywhere in my build.prop file to even mess with.

    Hmmm... unless I'm missing something, I edited the build.prop in /system and have permissions set to rw-r--r--
    no change of behavior from what I experienced before.

    Those two apps I mentioned are still coming up as not valid for this version and the navbar across the bottom is still persistent no matter how I have it set via settings> system

    Going to flash back to BobZ' ICS ROM for the morning before I head out to do the errands, will change back and investigate more when I get home.

    Thanks for the quick reply and on going help.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3958  
    thekraven's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    It's built into the frameworks, i probably won't change that. But if someone finds the commit for the task switcher chooser code in AOKP ICS, i might add it.
  9. #3959  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    Looks like you did everything correctly. I flashed the VM patch too and got the market incompatibility on those apps.

    After you make the build.prop changes, you will need force stop Play and clear data, then force stop Google framework and clear data. Reboot and clear cache and dalvik.

    Settings/apps/ All tab... find Google play store ..force stop .. clear data
    same tab.. find Google services framework. force stop .. clear data

    how to solve the problem of 'This app is not compatible with your device'


    New Virgin patch below with the changes.

    Virgin.fix2.cm9alpha18.zip
    Good enough... will give it a shot when I get back.
    Any thoughts on the inability to turn off the NavBar? or is that part of the new Virgin.fix2 ?
  10. #3960  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Just an aside to this whole discussion...

    Is there a sushi place called Fuji or something still in the Tulsa area? I believe is right across from a mall out there (something hills maybe?)... Twenty something years ago I used to travel all over the country for work and have had sushi everywhere in the US. That place had some of the best, freshest and most original sushi of anywhere I've been... whodathunkit...
    exProphecy likes this.
  11. #3961  
    exProphecy's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Oh I was just wondering.. I was looking at the installed apps and saw "Spare Parts" in the system apps. How come it's not in the app drawer? and how do I access it?

    Quote Originally Posted by ph37rd View Post
    Just an aside to this whole discussion...

    Is there a sushi place called Fuji or something still in the Tulsa area? I believe is right across from a mall out there (something hills maybe?)... Twenty something years ago I used to travel all over the country for work and have had sushi everywhere in the US. That place had some of the best, freshest and most original sushi of anywhere I've been... whodathunkit...
    I like this post ^_^ I love sushi! Unagi FTW
  12. #3962  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    hey kraven I was wondering if you can confirmif this works on this rom iv tried it on quattrimus cm9 it works but on this rom it flashes but won't go pass the boot image


    [MOD][ICS & JB]●►ACID Audio Engine V4.0◄● for most of the devices|☆☆☆TEAM AC!D☆☆☆ - xda-developers
  13. #3963  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnn View Post
    I think cm10 would be too much for this little phone

    Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    Bobz' CM10 actually works quite well, at least on my OV. If he could find the time to fix a couple of niggling issues such as 3G not kicking in when you go out of WiFi range, and the mic not working other than for calls, I would go back to using it fulltime.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3964  
    thekraven's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by ricoson9 View Post
    hey kraven I was wondering if you can confirmif this works on this rom iv tried it on quattrimus cm9 it works but on this rom it flashes but won't go pass the boot image


    [MOD][ICS & JB]●►ACID Audio Engine V4.0◄● for most of the devices|☆☆☆TEAM AC!D☆☆☆ - xda-developers
    try what? Looking at the the audio zip, you will need to make room in system before it can flash fully. You will need ~21 MB in the system before you can flash. Delete some ringtones, bootanimation, live wallpapers, TTS files, foreign fonts you dont use.

    Edit, yeah not compatible. [MOD][ICS & JB]●►ACID Audio Engine V4.0◄● for most of the devices|☆☆☆TEAM AC!D☆☆☆ - Page 7 - xda-developers

    Read their last few pages, Everyone gets booting problems with it. V4 doesn't work well with CM, but v5 might.
    Last edited by thekraven; 11-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.
  15. #3965  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    After you make the build.prop changes, you will need force stop Play and clear data, then force stop Google framework and clear data. Reboot and clear cache and dalvik.

    Settings/apps/ All tab... find Google play store ..force stop .. clear data
    same tab.. find Google services framework. force stop .. clear data

    how to solve the problem of 'This app is not compatible with your device'

    New Virgin patch below with the changes.
    Virgin.fix2.cm9alpha18.zip
    BRAVO - Everything working as designed... No NavBar, apps compatible, etc... now just going about getting all the stuff put back into its rightful place.

    Thank you very much for your efforts on this nagging issue.
  16. #3966  
    exProphecy's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    wait so does anyone know how to access the hidden Spare Parts in apps? I want to change the windows and transitions speeds
  17. #3967  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    isnt that under dev tools?
  18. #3968  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Kraven, can u have the option for the normal task switcher rather than the sense one?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah, I personally prefer the regular one as well.
  19. #3969  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybe102 View Post
    Does WiFi hotspot work on this or able to with amarket apk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnn View Post
    I don't think it works yet. I for now I use foxfi. I but it's limited to blueDUN connection only
    Quote Originally Posted by A-android-B View Post
    "Wifi tether for root" works for hotspot but it makes an ad-hoc network.
    Did I miss it in the OP? I see some patch for 3rd party wifi tethering apps, but no mention of built-in wifi tether. Mind confirming TheKraven? I don't depend on the feature, but being able to create an infrastructure wifi network on-the-fly comes in handy quite often... Thanks!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Kraven, can u have the option for the normal task switcher rather than the sense one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuelg900 View Post
    Yeah, I personally prefer the regular one as well.
    +1, I would much prefer the 'normal' recent apps list. The Sense one is.. Well, Sense
  20. #3970  
    johnh02's Avatar

    Posts
    239 Posts
    ROM
    quattrimus cm9

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
    Kraven, can u have the option for the normal task switcher rather than the sense one?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I don't really like the sense one either

    Sent from my CAI VM670
  21. #3971  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by johnh02 View Post
    Yeah I don't really like the sense one either

    Sent from my CAI VM670
    I like it the sense task switcher... Perhaps a toggle could be added to get the standard one?

    Edit: Also just have to say I'm running a18c and it's the smoothest most complete feeling ics rom I've tried yet! Great job! Really appreciate your work, and look forward to future releases. Thanks.

    Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
    Last edited by thewraith420; 11-13-2012 at 09:06 AM.
    johnh02 likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3972  
    thekraven's Avatar

    Posts
    1,409 Posts
    ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Sense is staying
    Thanked by 3:
    eletendre84 and thewraith420 like this.
  23. #3973  

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    How come when flash I can't get sms split ?

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #3974  
    exProphecy's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Kraven, if one were to attempt to integrate the youtube HQ fixes into BobZhome's CM10 ROM, how would they do so? which libs/files do I take from this ROM and push it into his .zip?
  25. #3975  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,956 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

    Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    Kraven, if one were to attempt to integrate the youtube HQ fixes into BobZhome's CM10 ROM, how would they do so? which libs/files do I take from this ROM and push it into his .zip?
    I'm no expert but I'd guess it has to be done at source level

    Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Posting Permissions