[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 2/20 ZVD basesband Alp

Here's a new boot.img if you want to test. No wifi yet. But it has adb and usb mass storage working. So uninstall the usbstorage.apk from /system/app via root explorer or tb. Just wipe cache and flash.

Test data on this file.

To go back to alpha4 boot.img. Swap out the boot.img from the rom zip, and place inside the zip below and flash without signature.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if I want to cherry-pick your commits for camera and USB fixes, will I need to change anything to make it usable for our lg optimus v's?
Awesome job, btw

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband Alp

Anyone else having massive data/wifi issues on alpha 4??
Just you and me I think. Just back from a long day of work and then meetings. I have a couple ideas to try. Fingers crossed.
Sorry... the "PATCH" is the fix itself. I am sorry. I call it a patch because it has to be reapplied each reboot; a FIX is a fix that stays applied in my book...

I am by no means trying to be a smart elic...

Sorry for the inconvience.
No worry, thanks. Probably my having applied too many patches to so many different systems through the years. I took it too literal, not your fault, it is my understanding. Got it clear now.
I cleared up my instructions for you...

Try applying the data fix on post 129 i think it is..

TheKraven generously posted the link to that in the OP
I have done that at least half dozen times. Something it just different with my phone is all I can think. The joys of testing, especially alpha. :D

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Just you and me I think. Just back from a long day of work and then meetings. I have a couple ideas to try. Fingers crossed.

Well mines not great either...wifi says it's sending and receiving but it wont' load anything. 3G will work slowly, but won't load everything...my FB app won't load but I can slowly load it through the browser. I am just chillin' because I'm sure it will be fixed in the near future, Kraven is doing a great job!...heck even if just wifi was great I would be happy :)

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Hey, if I want to cherry-pick your commits for camera and USB fixes, will I need to change anything to make it usable for our lg optimus v's?
Awesome job, btw

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I'm just setting up the camera stuff, so it probably won't build yet. The usb fixes are all in the same files as wifi fixes. I wasn't going to push till i got wifi fixed.

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Said it right there data and wifi work, just not great! Some work by the man kraven and ics will be working great for our opt.s!!! Dam fun testing alpha builds lol also noticed in the browser an issue with the screen going wack with colors and lines on alpha 4

fenderman

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Another issue I've been having more recently as in about the last twelve hours running alpha 4 is my SD card unmounting happening most when coming out of sleep. Funny because I had a Samsung behold 2 that came out of the box stock firmware Android 1.5 and 1.6 that had the unmounting issue lol shame on Samsung :p

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

No worry, thanks. Probably my having applied too many patches to so many different systems through the years. I took it too literal, not your fault, it is my understanding. Got it clear now.

I have done that at least half dozen times. Something it just different with my phone is all I can think. The joys of testing, especially alpha. :D

Did I miss anything on the last 5 pages of the forum? I was playing Piano LOL... I love music... Anyways...

I should have made it clear that it was a fix..

Try clearing data and dalvik cache?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Here's a new boot.img if you want to test. No wifi yet. But it has adb and usb mass storage working. So uninstall the usbstorage.apk from /system/app via root explorer or tb. Just wipe cache and flash.

Test data on this file.

To go back to alpha4 boot.img. Swap out the boot.img from the rom zip, and place inside the zip below and flash without signature.

Will try to flash here shortly...

I really wanted adb.. As I have been saying in the forums,

I plug my phone into the AC wall plug... and it DOESN'T say charging... And on reboot, battery %'ge changes..

Your getting closer, kraven! :)

THANKS! Any suggestions?

goofwear

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

@Thekraven , I know I cant do too much to help out but I can give you free storage and ftp on my website and for you to host the cm 7 and cm 9 files it would be something like this if you like

example of link goofwear.com/android/thekrave/cm9

I can even set it up with an auto index script to look like this
Index of OpenITG/svnbuilds/
that way you don't have to you those upload sites , please let me know if you are interested

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

This is coming along nicely! I look forward to trying it out after another fix or two. :) My device needs daily driver level, as I use it for work.

@PatrickAkridge: Your signature block is a horrible, horrible pun. I want to eat that little Android sammich so the words disappear like the wrapper! Nom, nom, nom, nom, nom!

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickAkridge

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

I was expecting extreme lagging but this rom may even be smoother than CM7.2 some of the animations are sketchy but it's an alpha rom so yeah... but everyhting comes up fast and smooth even when i'm switching between things quickly

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Gallery is working for me using alpha 4

As it is in mine...

To all of you, including CM7 people...

When you take a screenshot or photo, CM7 OR CM9 might not pull up the photo or screenshot or image in the Gallery. Download the app called "SD Sync" in the market. It helps.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
As it is in mine...

To all of you, including CM7 people...

When you take a screenshot or photo, CM7 OR CM9 might not pull up the photo or screenshot or image in the Gallery. Download the app called "SD Sync" in the market. It helps.

I didn't download an app just worked after reflash

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Test this boot.img. Wifi should be working again but with the adb and usb fixes. Airplane mode still not toggling correctly. Testing out a differernt wireless driver.

43 has the same same dhcpcd config as previous betas
44 has a slightly different dhcpcd config

Reactions: epidenimus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci