Page 165 of 180 FirstFirst ... 162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4493
Like Tree1000Likes

Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    Full wipe - flash rom - flash gapps - flash virgin fix - reboot - skip setup - go to settings/performance and Select dc2sd for your sd-ext option - reboot - enter play store to setup your Google account - finish setting up to your liking and enjoy

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
    Would this, without swap in other scripts (e.g. int2ext+ pr int2ext4+), show internal storage total space (Settings -> Storage) larger than 165 MB?
    Last edited by repast; 11-26-2012 at 02:20 AM.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Quote Originally Posted by repast View Post
    Would this, without swap in other scripts, show internal storage total space (Settings -> Storage) larger than 165 MB?
    No, In settings - storage it'll still just show the real internal. However in settings - partition info you can view it all

No, In settings - storage it'll still just show the real internal. However in settings - partition info you can view it all

Thanks. I did choose "dc2sd" option in performance, but when I install google voice from the play store, my total space in internal does get reduced by >10 MB, as viewed in Settings->Apps (and I quickly ran out of space this way and get insufficient space error). Any hint that how this can be dealt with?

edit: wow, this seems to be working. after I installed google voice app, in the storage menu, internal storage usage did get an increase of >10MB, but the reduction in *available space* is < 0.1MB; while in the Apps menu, the internal storage usage seems staying at where it was before installing google voice app (65MB used, 100MB free). Thx for clarifying!
    Last edited by repast; 11-26-2012 at 02:39 AM.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Glad to help

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cold.As.Ice CM9/Kernel 21

Quote Originally Posted by exProphecy View Post
    just curious but does this ROM already have 3g tweaks or mods built in? such as the 3g turbocharger from zepellinrox or ones seen here ?
    Since no one answered my question.. I guess I'll quote myself..? SUPS hehe
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

Well,in settings-performance- mem mgmnt...I only have 3 options/settings and the dc2sd isn't there.. I'm still not likinking apps
    Further info plz
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

Since no one answered my question.. I guess I'll quote myself..? SUPS hehe
    Lol I flashed it idk if it worked tho

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by bjzapp View Post
    Well,in settings-performance- mem mgmnt...I only have 3 options/settings and the dc2sd isn't there.. I'm still not likinking apps
    Further info plz
    That's because it's settings - performance - A2SD (ext) settings you should be looking at

Never mind I found it...... Wifi tether not working with current build

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I don't think calling works on this rom, I called someone earlier and they said they couldn't hear me

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

That's because it's settings - performance - A2SD (ext) settings you should be looking at

Not there... I will attach SS shortly...
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4112  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

just curious but does this ROM already have 3g tweaks or mods built in? such as the 3g turbocharger from zepellinrox or ones seen here ?
    Just the build.prop tweaks. like 3g, sdcard read ahead , pm sleep, network speed tweaks, EGL tweak. One thing you can try is this to help with flickering
    change mdp to dyn.
    debug.composition.type=dyn
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Changes Daily

Not there... I will attach SS shortly...

You are on cai a19 right?

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

No. 18c.---also couldn't get portable hotspot to work, or that's how I'd attach mySS's. I'd really like
    to get these things setup asap w/o another flash & reinstall apps
    Last edited by bjzapp; 11-26-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

ROM
    Changes Daily

No. 18c.---also couldn't get portable hotspots to work, or that's how I'd attach mySS's.
    Ahh ok then you don't need to do anything the rom will automatically make use of an ext partition. It will however not show you correct info in setting storage and or settings apps.

Then how do you enable apps2sd if you have no sd-ext partition? it gives this script to run something that isn't there? I'm confused and always get the
    'running low on space' issue. Could someone please elaborate on how to do this. The Rom is great but after installing 3 apps you get low on space? what gives? How do you create this mystery partition? is it some big secret? I have been trying to get this to work for 2 days. Can someone help.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by patrax3 View Post
    Then how do you enable apps2sd if you have no sd-ext partition? it gives this script to run something that isn't there? I'm confused and always get the
    'running low on space' issue. Could someone please elaborate on how to do this. The Rom is great but after installing 3 apps you get low on space? what gives?
    You need to backup your sdcard to pc-use recovery to partition sd-card-restore sdcard from pc

Thanked by:

So partition it to what? I understand the process but will Xionia create th sd-ext partition? Thanx.

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

That's what I was questioning in a sense b4
    Was said that trwp recovery was not needed. Indeed cmr worked fine for the flash...

Now I'm wondering what's goin on with that and a few other key issues I'm wondering about with this.
    The reverting back to home screen and sometime freezing up ate the big ones. Clock and even keyboard type lag are evident as I'm sending this...

Last edited by bjzapp; 11-26-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

ROM
    Changes Daily

So partition it to what? I understand the process but will Xionia create th sd-ext partition? Thanx.
    I would switch to a newer recovery personally but yes xionia should be able to partition it. I'm not real familiar with the layout of xionia but I think it's under advanced. Swap=0 size=whatever you want to use for apk space

Thanked by:

Ok cool I'm trying this now so I really appreciate your response. I really like Xionia interface been using it for a couple years and I'm really used to it. What would be a better solution? with a similar ui? Thanx again.
    Yes you are correct its in advanced and gives both options now I hope it solves the "Space" issues.

Now after the recovery format of the sd card I'm getting Ext-2 is not supported by this a2sd. Wth? how do you find / run a2sd formatext to upgrade to ext4? Now even more confused.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Ok cool I'm trying this now so I really appreciate your response. I really like Xionia interface been using it for a couple years and I'm really used to it. What would be a better solution? with a similar ui? Thanx again.
    Yes you are correct its in advanced and gives both options now I hope it solves the "Space" issues.
    I prefer cot

But it's really matter of preference lots of ppl like twrp also. COT would have a closer styled interface to xionia but with touch controls and lots of added features.

ROM
    Changes Daily

Now after the recovery format of the sd card I'm getting Ext-2 is not supported by this a2sd. Wth? how do you find / run a2sd formatext to upgrade to ext4? Now even more confused.
    Bummer I was afraid of that. Try using cot or twrp to partition. Either will use ext-3 or 4 both of which are supported

Edit: to clarify, it just means xionia due to its age used ext-2 for the 2nd partition and the script in cai doesn't support the older file system

Why is that when I get to like 70% my phone stops and just keeps rebooting unless I turn it on while the charger is pugged in on cai 19 e and paranoid android o.O

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2