Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 170 of 180 FirstFirst ... 167168169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4495
Like Tree1000Likes

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Kraven, I just donated to you and the 'donut fund' and the name on my receipt is Cris__ M____. Is this you/your handler? Just making sure....

ROM
    The Kraven's Cold As ICE

Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

Quote Originally Posted by thekraven View Post
    I'm looking at this other script from DavisNT.
    1. delete the system/etc/init.d/05mountext file.
    2. flash the first file sd-ext_patch-signed-v11.zip at the link [MOD] Move to sd-ext | Simple app, private-app and Dalvik cache to SD solution - xda-developers,
    3. then flash the 2nd file Attachment 43885 Then 2nd one will error out if the sd-ext already had directories. At this time you can wipe the sd-ext and reflash the 2nd one.
    Any idea how long a reboot should take...? I've been looking at the boot animation going on 1/2 hour, now.
    Thanks. Drew
    CAI Build 20121120
    PS: No adb available (downed server with VM that had eclipse / adb configured) so no ability to logcat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4228  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Drew5316 View Post
    Any idea how long a reboot should take...? I've been looking at the boot animation going on 1/2 hour, now.
    Thanks. Drew
    CAI Build 20121120
    PS: No adb available (downed server with VM that had eclipse / adb configured) so no ability to logcat
    That was sd-ext script testing meant for alpha 18 and below. I would wipe system and reflash the rom

ROM
    The Kraven's Cold As ICE

That was sd-ext script testing meant for alpha 18 and below. I would wipe system and reflash the rom
    Is there a script for alpha 19?
    While I had an sd-ext partition, it was clear it was not being utilized by the alpha 19 rom.
    Also, does "wipe system and reflash the rom" mean to just wipe the system, or should it be boot, cache, system & data?
    Thanks. Drew
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4230  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

you turn it on manually now in settings/performance/ . Choose a2sd for apps only to sd-ext then reboot. Or choose d2sd for apps + dalvik to sd-ext, wipe dalvik caches in recovery, then reboot.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7.2 Port Thekraven

So, I hear that FoxFi/WiFi Tether work on this, just not native tethering. I've tried FoxFi, and both of the WiFi Tether apps (market/Google code) and I cant get them to work. I've tried Googling to fix it, but no methods worked. I can't even get Ad-hoc to work.. Is there some specific way/setting I should use to get it working? Also, in 19E I tried clicking on my contacts via the Phone app, and it would start to call, crash, and continue to call, and crash. Over and over.. I'm running on CM7 atm because I can't seem to find a method to work. So, any help appreciated.

ROM
    CM7.2 Port Thekraven

Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

1) might as well try it again..
    2) what settings do you use?
    3) do both infrastructure and adhoc work? Or just one?
    4) does it still have the reboot bug on it?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by liamstanley View Post
    1) might as well try it again..
    2) what settings do you use?
    3) do both infrastructure and adhoc work? Or just one?
    4) does it still have the reboot bug on it?

none, i just start it, it works...never had a problem with it rebooting, with the exception of when i used it with my hero on certain sense roms....

Quote Originally Posted by liamstanley View Post
    So, I hear that FoxFi/WiFi Tether work on this, just not native tethering. I've tried FoxFi, and both of the WiFi Tether apps (market/Google code) and I cant get them to work. I've tried Googling to fix it, but no methods worked. I can't even get Ad-hoc to work.. Is there some specific way/setting I should use to get it working? Also, in 19E I tried clicking on my contacts via the Phone app, and it would start to call, crash, and continue to call, and crash. Over and over.. I'm running on CM7 atm because I can't seem to find a method to work. So, any help appreciated.
    I'm running alpha18 (on a VM670), and FoxFi did not work, but Barnacle WiFi Tether worked fine. AFAIK Barnacle only does ad hoc mode.

I used the same settings that we had to use for one of the Quattrimus builds. IIRC the one that mattered was turning on "skip WPA_supplicant"
    Thanked by:

Default Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

I installed CAI 19e following the instructions on the first page. The wifi is always turning itself on and turning off the mobile data. I end up with a phone with no data all day long.

Are there any logs I can post that would help?

Hi all,

I just installed alpha 19 and the gapps with amazon apps, etc. and it appears that I only have 40 mb left of space for other apps, with 125 used.
    The thing is, under downloaded apps, all I have is the amazon appstore, titanium backup, the terminal emulator, and YouTube.

Does that seem right to you all?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4238  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Those are meant to be experimental Gapps. Just to save from downloading from the play store everytime. It should also have google voice and gmail. If you have a sd-ext partition on your sdcard, you can turn on a2sd or d2sd in Settings/performance, and it will move data/app to sd-ext. You can remove apps from the gapps zip or remove with titanium backup. Otherwise, use the smaller gapps for normal use. .
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM7.2 and now CAI CM9

If you have a sd-ext partition on your sdcard, you can turn on a2sd or d2sd in Settings/performance, and it will move data/app to sd-ext.
    I have been trying to format an sd-ext, I successfully made a ext3 at ~500mb but I can't seem to be able to make anything larger than that in ext3 and ext4 doesn't work all together. I'm using the minitool partition wizard. Is ext4 not supported or am I doing something wrong.

Btw, I have been using cm7.2 for a year and a half and just switched over to this because youtube was fixed... I love both of the roms and they all run beautifully. Thanks for all the hard work

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Originally Posted by thekraven<br />
    If you have a sd-ext partition on your sdcard, you can turn on a2sd or d2sd in Settings/performance, and it will move data/app to sd-ext.
    <br />
    <br />
    I have been trying to format an sd-ext, I successfully made a ext3 at ~500mb but I can't seem to be able to make anything larger than that in ext3 and ext4 doesn't work all together. I'm using the minitool partition wizard. Is ext4 not supported or am I doing something wrong.<br />
    <br />
    Btw, I have been using cm7.2 for a year and a half and just switched over to this because youtube was fixed... I love both of the roms and they all run beautifully. Thanks for all the hard work
    What recovery are you using, and have you tried partitioning the card from there?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    CM7.2 and now CAI CM9

CWM But I'm fine with sd ext3 at 500mb but now the problem is I can't install non-market apps as the phone claims I have no internal space, when I have 70 mb free AND 400 mb of sd ext. I just got everything set up so, I don't really want to completely wipe and reinstall.

EDIT

Uninstalled S2E and rebooted, now home button doesn't work, settings are gone, and data is missing, it think the delvik cache and system cache got wiped.... sigh.... should have backed up earlier. Going to clean install, later, but what should I do different this time to ensure everything works and my sd-ext is working properly?

EDIT2

I'm almost certain some of the system partitions were deleted, Major UI elements are missing. Various other system apps are faulty/non-existent.
    I'll just boot back to cm7.2 because this is un usable until I completely reinstall cm9 Cai... again what should I do different to ensure a proper install with a working 500 mb sd ext ext3 with journaling? Sorry for the trouble guys

EDIT3
    HAHAHAHA.... on a whim I re-installed S2E and rebooted... Everythings back to normal, except the out of space error is still there for non market apps... some one please explain what has just happened haha

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Do a full wipe, install, and when you first boot, exit the setup, go to settings, performance, a2sd settings, and select an option. Then go about installing apps normally. You should have no more out of space errors.

Thanked by:
    Tyler555 likes this.

ROM
    CM7.2 and now CAI CM9

Since it works right now... I just can't install non-market apps, I will probably re install next weekend, I'll update when I do to conform that it worked.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler555 View Post
    Since it works right now... I just can't install non-market apps, I will probably re install next weekend, I'll update when I do to conform that it worked.
    Do you have "allow non-market sources" checked under settings,security?

Whitescreen fix posted by hephappy at XDA -
    [DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4 - Page 235 - xda-developers
    Fixes Gmail for me, so far, on the first PA build, but not Flipboard. Don't know about Facebook.
    -----
    edit: eh, seemed to work for a few days, then fail!

ROM
    CM7.2 and now CAI CM9

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Do you have "allow non-market sources" checked under settings,security?

Haha yes I'm not a noob

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler555 View Post
    Haha yes I'm not a noob
    Sorry, you never know...

So I'm running CAI on my LG Optimus V. I created an 1 gb sd-ext partition using COT v2.1 on my 8gb sd card. Now, looking at the storage space, I can see that some apps went to the sd-ext but then some didn't. I went on my phone and did the "Move to SD card" option hoping that the apps would move to the sd-ext but I guess that didn't work. I have the a2sd option on and I'm getting the low space error. Is this an error on my part where I have to repartition or is it something else?

ROM
    CM7.2 and now CAI CM9

it's very buggy try using S2E that's what I use, I can Install market applications just not non market ones and Updating is hit or miss.

ROM
    CM7.2 and now CAI CM9

Is there any way to make a patch or something to make sd-ext less buggy. Or if we are using it wrong could you edit the rom post to include steps for using a sd-ext?
    I just can't seem to get things working right now. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by upconvert View Post
    Sorry, you never know...

haha true