Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 174 of 180 FirstFirst ... 171172173174175176177 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 4495
Like Tree1000Likes

Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Just started using this and it's damned solid. Love that Bluetooth seems fully functional. Thanks!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

I recently flashed this and seems to be working great, thanks for the hard work.

I have been having issues with the mms (I'm on Virgin mobile with the optimus v and applied the patch), do you think reflashing or the Bobz mms.apk would help?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4328  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Yeah, give it a try. Remember to set permissions after you push or copy it to the system/apps/

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by ny355145 View Post
    I recently flashed this and seems to be working great, thanks for the hard work.

I have been having issues with the mms (I'm on Virgin mobile with the optimus v and applied the patch), do you think reflashing or the Bobz mms.apk would help?
    Receiving mms works better on 3g. It's still not 100%, but I do get some. Let us know if you have better results with other mms.apk's.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I'm using 19e, and lose data regularly. I have to turn data off and on again to get it back . I'm not roaming or anything. Could it be related to my SetCPU app, which throttles the CPU when the screen is off?

ROM
    CM7/CM9

Default Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

when are we going to see a new update?

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by williek113 View Post
    when are we going to see a new update?
    .....Not cool.. It's generally frowned upon to ask for an eta. The devs have lives too, and just do this on their spare time. They don't owe us anything and we should just be grateful for what they do share with us.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion on LS670ZVJ firmware
    Thanked by 3:

I've been following this thread somewhat close, I have seen talk about moving apps to the sd card. The problem Is I am not sure what post I should follow to do this. If it wasn't for me having this issue, I do believe I would be running this mod instead of CM7. If someone could point me in the right direction as to how to get apps and such to SD card It would be greatly appreciated. Being a noob at this I really need the help.

thank you.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

If I remember correctly, the first time you boot the ROM, exit out of the setup, go to settings, performance, a2sd. Set one of those methods, I don't know which method is better, but you have a 50/50 shot. While you're in performance settings change your minimum clock speed to 480. Then reboot, add your Google account, and you should be good to go, with apps automatically being installed to your sdext partition. You did partition the card, right?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

I am back to cm7 but on my first attempt I tried following a few post about the partitions and still ended up with my phone telling me I was out of memory. I will give this a shot again this weekend when I know I won't need the phone Thank you for your reply.
    Thanked by:

Looks like I will be waiting till it is specifically stated to move apps to sd card.. I tried many different ways and it refused to allow apps to sd card. I will wait. thatks for the help.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

If you did it right, you won't have to move anything. The apps will be automatically installed to the sdext.

I am currently on 7.2 ROM and using link2sd. If I install this ROM what would I have to do to make sure my apps on sd-ext work?

Flash, boot, go to settings, select d2sd, reboot, then install your Apps as you normally would. Your apps will automatically go to your sd card (as does your data, incidentally.)

Quote Originally Posted by fortyquid View Post
    Flash, boot, go to settings, select d2sd, reboot, then install your Apps as you normally would. Your apps will automatically go to your sd card (as does your data, incidentally.)

But my apps would already be there right? I don't want to reinstall a bunch of apps again since they are already present in the sd-int partition of my flash drive.

As far as I could tell, the scripts would not move apps that had already been installed. I think you could do a TiBu backup/restore, but I have never done it that way myself.

ROM
    Cold as Ice

This needs to be a fresh flash, with no apps installed. Use mybackup or tibu.

Resident Teen

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by pspOPT View Post
    But my apps would already be there right? I don't want to reinstall a bunch of apps again since they are already present in the sd-int partition of my flash drive.
    If they are just there and this version of CAI didn't move them then you are just wasting space.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Wanted to drop a quick note in here. I have been using CAI since alpha 17. Love it and mucho props to thekraven. I had to stop using it as a daily driver though and wanted to report a couple bugs incase they have not been seen before.

One I know was just mentioned, and it is random data drops. I had that and turning data off and on would fix it. Not a major thing for me at the time, but now I am taking business emails and I need the data to not cut off.

Second, for a long time I had few problems, with Alpha 19, clock lag was almost gone, gmail didn't have display issues, it was great, if sometimes a little laggy (hell its ICS on a 600mhz proc, props just for doing that!!!). However, for about the past 2-3 weeks it would randomly not receive calls. No ring, no missed call notification. The only way I would know is of someone told me that they called, or I would get a voicemail. I left the 9016 messages coming in as they would inform me of a VM, and I would know it had done it again. I have now been back to stock and another ROM for a week or so and have not had this happen yet, so I don't think it is the phone or carrier. If it does turn out to be I will update here to let you know.

I want to reiterate, this is not a complaint. I love the ROM, just couldn't use it for business and have missed calls/emails. And in case anyone wonders, I am cheap, and hard on phones, so even for business I would rather carry a $50 phone that works then a $500 phone and smash it.

Thanks and props again to thekraven for his work, and I will follow developments and probably try this ROM again in the future.

ROM
    Kraven's CM9 ICS

It has been a while but thank you thekraven for all of your hard work. I currently have the G and loving it. I just wanted to give thanks and give you a little something
    You made the S an amazing phone.
    Thanked by:

Is there a way to disable offline charging on paranoid android

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Resident Teen

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post

Remove the files. I don't know where they are though. Sorry.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

POSSIBLE BUG:

i've had the cold as ice ROM on my phone for... almost a year now, and it's recently been having issues connecting to mobile data, so i can only access web if i'm using WI-FI. is this a bug, or just my phone being old? i'm due for an upgrade in May.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4349  

ROM
    kraven cm7/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by _alexkta View Post

You would need to redo the ramdisk in the boot.img. I'm on vacation but there's a couple lines in the init.thunderc.rc to remove. Other option is the check to see if BobZhome's or quattrimus cm9 has offline charging or not. Swap the boot.img in the rom.zip and flash. Then flash a CAI kernel on top of that.
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Cold as Ice

Quote Originally Posted by bstillwell15 View Post
    POSSIBLE BUG:

i've had the cold as ice ROM on my phone for... almost a year now, and it's recently been having issues connecting to mobile data, so i can only access web if i'm using WI-FI. is this a bug, or just my phone being old? i'm due for an upgrade in May.
    Maybe time to restore an old nandroid or reflash. Are you running a year old version, or have you been updating (alpha 19)?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums