[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Some cards are designed for cameras and are formatted exfat from the factory. I've tried formatting my sdcard to exfat and the card wouldn't mount. Hence, experience talking.

Second, I've read your linked post. Nothing new there that I haven't been doing for over a year now. I'm quite familiar with the ext file system. The only problem I have with your tutorial is the differences between the ext file systems. But I looked at it as "inaccurate, but close enough".

I understand that. What I'm telling you is exfat ain't gonna work on your phone. That's why it won't mount. exfat does not exist for phones or recoveries yet. If it does, the only one that might have it is the galaxy s3, but even then it's an internal partition as I don't believe that phone uses true external storage...nor supported by any custom rom or recovery that I've seen.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I understand that. What I'm telling you is exfat ain't gonna work on your phone. That's why it won't mount. exfat does not exist for phones or recoveries yet. If it does, the only one that might have it is the galaxy s3, but even then it's an internal partition as I don't believe that phone uses true external storage...nor supported by any custom rom or recovery that I've seen.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

this is going nowhere. He is saying he knows it won't/wouldn't mount. Also it can be supported if an open source kernel module is found and compiled for the Rom/recovery. The dalvik side of android needs no specific support for exFat as long as the correct kernel module is available (although due to Microsoft patenting the filesystem, I doubt we'll ever see a truly free exFat driver for Linux. Tuxera has one, but it's not free or open source.)

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Buddlespit

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 6/26 ZVD basesband Alpha16

You probably need to try building it. Code is different from ics. Just have to wait till it gets fixed from the other msm7x27 devices. Hephappy was the best bet at getting camera and audio arm6 into jb, but he's gone. Tdm, BobZhome, Arjen and lupohirp are the best hopes. But for reference, the camera related stuff is in the device folder, vendor folder, frameworks base, camera.apk, Build.prop, and kernel. Also ramdisk and permissions.

For audio fixes, it's cdma specific too. You might try BobZhome's audio files in his /system/lib/hw folder for his cm9

Yeah Bobz break audio...

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

You probably need to try building it. Code is different from ics. Just have to wait till it gets fixed from the other msm7x27 devices. Hephappy was the best bet at getting camera and audio arm6 into jb, but he's gone. Tdm, BobZhome, Arjen and lupohirp are the best hopes. But for reference, the camera related stuff is in the device folder, vendor folder, frameworks base, camera.apk, Build.prop, and kernel. Also ramdisk and permissions.

For audio fixes, it's cdma specific too. You might try BobZhome's audio files in his /system/lib/hw folder for his cm9

Do you know where in the frameworks base?

themoreman

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

The ROM is awesome! Totally made my friend with a Droid Bionic jealous...

Here's a bug I found thought. After running with Endomondo, I tried to unlock the screen and the unlock button was shifted down a bit. Then I noticed that I can't do anything with the screen. It's as though the touch screen drive failed. Holding down power to get the power menu popup works, but then it still won't recognize touch events. I tried wiping the cache partition and still no luck. Any ideas?

EDIT:
Digitizer is fried. Nevermind! Thanks Kraven

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickAkridge

elcko123

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm having a problem with HTML5 video elements crashing the phone. On sites like youtube. Using stock browser and a fresh flash of 16e. Wonderful rom besides this minor glitch, thanks for the hardwork.

RookieMIB

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Wow, just upgraded from CM7, very nicely done, no issues, works great. VERY smooth. Kudos.

coxkd29

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

i upgraded from cm7 then went back since wifi hotspot would not turn on...ls670 s

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Oh nice Gmail fixes in the future....
Thekraven..... has anyone been testing the tethering or wifi tethering?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Alnn

May 16, 2012
Visit site
OK I just read the the upper posts. Wifi tether works. That's good. Maybe I can get foxfi to work. I know Bluetooth tethering works so far

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2