[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 5/6 ZVD basesband Alph

theme engine seems to work. :D

there may be some problems with it, other than learning to theme for cm9. ICS is almost completely different...took 3 hours to figure out the status bar :/

Unfortunately dialer fc's after switching to a7v2 theme. All the same,its awesome

pluesama

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

I just used paper camera and camerazoom. Both work.

Paper Camera works now once I turned off auto linking in Link2SD. Camera 360 Ultimate rebooted my phone the first time I loaded it, now it works.

It seems that apps that make use of the camera (possibly other system apps, too) do not like to be linked to the SD-EXT. I like having auto linking on, so I'll just turn it off and reinstall anything that gives me this issue in the future.

Last edited:

inches0

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
For the vibration issue you can try and download sound manager from the market/play store go to menu click on vibrate setting and click whenever possible for both...... hope this helped

Reactions: Thraeryn

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately dialer fc's after switching to a7v2 theme. All the same,its awesome

yeah, i knew about that....they changed tons lol....dialer fc's on any of my cm7 themes and considering how me and Zdunex25 do themes, it will probably do it with his as well....just a theory.

plus, at the moment, i can't get images for the status bar, it's being controlled by hex values in drawables.xml....i've tried redirecting to an image named the same but no dice atm.

so, a full port of my sense theme is a no go for the time being. but ice9 and gingerice9 are easy ports considering how many ics images they both used.....anyone want to test ice9? :D

Reactions: Va1ha11a

Thraeryn

DEVASTATOR
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

That seems to do the trick, inches0. I guess the option in the Messaging app isn't saving the Notification setting. Sound Manager v2 allowed me to set it correctly, as proven when a text arrived (by coincidence) seconds later and buzzed all over the place.

apb91781

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

Annnd back again. with alpha 10 (named: alpha10d-test3-cm9-LS670-kraven-signed.zip)
Camera preview lags, low FPS. Attempted with system camera, ProCapture and, Camera360. Barcode scanner has FPS issues as well on screen preview.

Notifications still force to speaker when headphones are plugged in (Unlike CM7 which plays notifications in the headphones) and if music is playing or any other audio that goes through the headset, the notification will cause it to switch to the speaker for the length of time that the notification sound is running. Music and such will go back to playing through the headphones afterwards however.

Battery life seems to have taken a bit of a dive from alpha 9d and WiFi seems to stick at times where a toggle dance is required to get it to scan properly, or to "forget" the connection you were on in the past and reconnect.
A app or more information on what themes are compatible with the theme manager for CM9 would be useful as well but not a huge issue.

Display button (via notification bar) doesn't always accurately reflect on what setting the brightness is. It will show half-bright for 10% or sometimes for 100% or Auto for 20%. It's a bit random how that does it's thing.

Loving the shortcut ability on the lock screen now and could finally dump widget locker.

Brightness slide on status bar only works about 5% of the time if at all.

Holding down power button sometimes shows the power menu but also shuts off the screen at the same time when the button is released.

SD Card writes are a bit slow. Reads are OK but they could be a bit faster if its possible.

I think this is all I've seen so far. Everything else works nicely and I am eternally thankful that I have a lot more phone memory than I had with CM7.
It's a awesome ROM and I love nearly every aspect of it. Keep up the good work Kraven :)

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Still cant get flash to work thought maybe the new adreno libs might solve it but no dice

involuntaryqool

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

kraven, i did a fresh install of alpha 10 wiping boot, system, data and also clearing the dalvik cache and formatting the boot, system, and data as well. I flashed the alpha 10 first and then flashed the gapps from april. my problem is I am able to join a wireless network no problem, but if my wireless network is not listed and i go to "add network" and type in my information and click "okay" i immediately get an "unfortunately, settings has stopped" error and am unable to join my wireless network.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

However, he obviously did not read the words directly underneath the file that he is flashing to his device that could potentially (not any of Kraven's, but maybe somebodies') perma-brick his phone. Downloading first and reading never seems like a recipe for disaster. Heck, that's why this thread is five pages long!

pluesama

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Annnd back again. with alpha 10 (named: alpha10d-test3-cm9-LS670-kraven-signed.zip)
Camera preview lags, low FPS. Attempted with system camera, ProCapture and, Camera360. Barcode scanner has FPS issues as well on screen preview.

This was fixed with the camera patch for 10d (right under the download link for the ROM) and included as part of 10F, which you should really be using anyway.

As far as the power button thing, if you have vibration turned on, you'll notice that when you hold the button it will vibrate. If you release the button after the first vibration, the screen shuts off. If you hold it longer, until it vibrates again, the menu should come up and the screen should stay on.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Small bug: When you manually add a non-broadcasting WiFi network the settings app force closes when you click save

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

please read the last 20 pages of this thread. You're welcome

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

Is there a wifi tether that works with this rom, I tried a couple but no success

Va1ha11a said:
please read the last 20 pages of this thread. You're welcome

I usually find that ignoring the questions that I find annoying or silly keeps the drama down and the moderators from quoting forum rules at me...:p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar