[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

patrax3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool I'm trying this now so I really appreciate your response. I really like Xionia interface been using it for a couple years and I'm really used to it. What would be a better solution? with a similar ui? Thanx again.
Yes you are correct its in advanced and gives both options now I hope it solves the "Space" issues.

patrax3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Now after the recovery format of the sd card I'm getting Ext-2 is not supported by this a2sd. Wth? how do you find / run a2sd formatext to upgrade to ext4? Now even more confused.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool I'm trying this now so I really appreciate your response. I really like Xionia interface been using it for a couple years and I'm really used to it. What would be a better solution? with a similar ui? Thanx again.
Yes you are correct its in advanced and gives both options now I hope it solves the "Space" issues.

I prefer cot

http://forums.projectopencannibal.net/index.php?topic=41.0

But it's really matter of preference lots of ppl like twrp also. COT would have a closer styled interface to xionia but with touch controls and lots of added features.

Tapatalk'n it from my Cold As Ice VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Now after the recovery format of the sd card I'm getting Ext-2 is not supported by this a2sd. Wth? how do you find / run a2sd formatext to upgrade to ext4? Now even more confused.

Bummer I was afraid of that. Try using cot or twrp to partition. Either will use ext-3 or 4 both of which are supported

Edit: to clarify, it just means xionia due to its age used ext-2 for the 2nd partition and the script in cai doesn't support the older file system

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Why is that when I get to like 70% my phone stops and just keeps rebooting unless I turn it on while the charger is pugged in on cai 19 e and paranoid android o_O

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

patrax3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Bummer I was afraid of that. Try using cot or twrp to partition. Either will use ext-3 or 4 both of which are supported

Edit: to clarify, it just means xionia due to its age used ext-2 for the 2nd partition and the script in cai doesn't support the older file system

Getting cot now so how do I partition a ext3 or 4 partition using cot? is it about the same as Xionia? I really like this rom but need more internal storage space without the "low space" warning after installing 3-4 apps.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Getting cot now so how do I partition a ext3 or 4 partition using cot? is it about the same as Xionia? I really like this rom but need more internal storage space without the "low space" warning after installing 3-4 apps.

It works about the same as xionia but with touch controls on the bottom. I think it makes the partition ext-3 by default. If you want ext4 it has to be done from a computer and I've never done it that way.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

It's fairly easy to make a partition of any type with the minitool partition wizard.

m.download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Home-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html

Trust me, it will be well worth it when you get your card partitioned and can use the a2sd feature of this Rom. This Rom is amazing!

Thanks for all the hard work, Kraven!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Just the build.prop tweaks. like 3g, sdcard read ahead , pm sleep, network speed tweaks, EGL tweak. One thing you can try is this to help with flickering
change mdp to dyn.
debug.composition.type=dyn

ahh thank you. changed that line I'll see how it is. by the way, not sure if this is a problem.. I noticed there are two folders in /system/modules. one is a folder the 35 test kernel and the other is the 36 kernel. both have the same items inside. should I delete the older one? I thought it was supposed to be deleted as I installed a newer one. unless they rely on each other then is kool lols

EDIT: Also, is there any particular reason why this: ☠ [APK][Tweaks & Mods] █ PIMP MY ROM █ v1.9.1 {Any Device // Any Rom}[ALPHA][WIP] ☠ - xda-developers is causing me to get stuck on boot? Perhaps the init.d setup in this ROM isn't compatible with it? I don't even get past the first set of tweaks after reboot.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I will switch to twrp...can I just do a re-flash this time or another full wipe?

If the rom flashed fine you don't need to re flash. Just need twrp to partition your sdcard which will wipe your card so back it up.

joelz

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
My sd-ext partition worked fine in Quattrimus, but after flashing CAI and choosing a2sd, apks show up in both the internal storage and the sd-ext partition. I'm getting out of memory warnings, so it seems it's installing to both storage locations. Known issue? Any solution besides reflashing and starting over?

Drakahr

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

I am upgrading from gingerrom on my optimus S with zvj, I wiped data and cache, formatted boot, system, data, and cache, flashed the rom, flashed gapps, disabled signing, installed zvd to zvj patch, everything seems to work well except the data connection is much slower than usual, and inconsistent. I see that the rom flash installed Kernel 2.6.35.7-CAI-test23-HK+thekraven@ics18. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or I would be better off with a different kernel. Also what is the difference between the 2 gapps one with the DPI change on market, and the other with older voice command? I installed the first and the voice command doesn't seem to work. Any help or advice to get this smooth would be greatly appreciated.

side note: I baught an extra 32gb microsdhc class 10 for the phone. Can someone tell me the real benefits of D2SD, and if I can just set it up with what the rom already facilitates, and how?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading from gingerrom on my optimus S with zvj, I wiped data and cache, formatted boot, system, data, and cache, flashed the rom, flashed gapps, disabled signing, installed zvd to zvj patch, everything seems to work well except the data connection is much slower than usual, and inconsistent. I see that the rom flash installed Kernel 2.6.35.7-CAI-test23-HK+thekraven@ics18. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or I would be better off with a different kernel. Also what is the difference between the 2 gapps one with the DPI change on market, and the other with older voice command? I installed the first and the voice command doesn't seem to work. Any help or advice to get this smooth would be greatly appreciated.

side note: I baught an extra 32gb microsdhc class 10 for the phone. Can someone tell me the real benefits of D2SD, and if I can just set it up with what the rom already facilitates, and how?

I'm not sure about your data issues, but it's easy enough to flash some of the other kernels. Just make a backup first. Did you install alpha 19?

You can absolutely set up the apps2sd feature if you partition your sd card. Back that up too, as partitioning will format the card as well. Once you do that, flash the rom, gapps, and patch. Boot it up, go to settings, performance, A2sd (ext ) settings and turn it on. Then install ridiculous amounts of apps.

The benefit is that you will not get another "out of space" error for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got a question, what exactly is USB Fast Charge? I know how to enable it but what does it do and how do you use it? Thanks :)

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I got a question, what exactly is USB Fast Charge? I know how to enable it but what does it do and how do you use it? Thanks :)

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

It makes your phone charge as fast as it does on a wall charger when in fact it's being charged by a usb port

patrax3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
It works about the same as xionia but with touch controls on the bottom. I think it makes the partition ext-3 by default. If you want ext4 it has to be done from a computer and I've never done it that way.

Not so much the same, I lost all my nand backups from Xionia when I flashed cot (claimed it would work) but epic fail did not recognize any of the old bckups <sigh> good thing I backed up the card first first! but now I'm stuck with a recovery that imho isn't even close to Xionia sure it has touch but thats pretty useless if it doesnt use any of my files. Live n learn the hard way. I guess getting the ext-3 partition was worth losing my nands? Prolly going to reflash Xionia and then just part with another tool at least I know whats up now with a2sd and ext-3 partition back to square 1.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not so much the same, I lost all my nand backups from Xionia when I flashed cot (claimed it would work) but epic fail did not recognize any of the old bckups good thing I backed up the card first first! but now I'm stuck with a recovery that imho isn't even close to Xionia sure it has touch but thats pretty useless if it doesnt use any of my files. Live n learn the hard way. I guess getting the ext-3 partition was worth losing my nands? Prolly going to reflash Xionia and then just part with another tool at least I know whats up now with a2sd and ext-3 partition back to square 1.

Move your backups to /sdcard/cotrecovery/backup ;)

patrax3

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Tried that right off the bat, and it loop boots saying cannot find settings to run cot?
Nice try and I appreciate your help but reverting back to known good recovery is golden about now.