[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

Drew5316

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Running 20121120 build. Just installed, poked around settings and searched this thread, but can't figure out:
  1. [SOLVED. See post here.] How to get "None" for wallpaper...? (I like it real minimal -- no wallpaper, no transitions, nada) -- In CM7, when I went to options on the home screen, I could choose wallpapers, then select "none". I don't see the "none" option.
  2. How to rotate through home screens -- use to be able to keep swiping through screens without having to back up
  3. Screen lock in power widget does not appear to be working -- each time device enters sleep, I have to use the lock screen code, even though I have it disabled in the power widget
Thanks. Drew

Last edited:

jasamour

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I am using kernel 23 that comes with the ALPHA 19E build.
The bluetooth reboot fix was in the older kernels. Try test 13, 17,19, and 21 kernels.
That was an old old patch. There was one for alpha 7. I'll see if i can find it.

1) I flashed test 21 kernel and it fixed the bluetooth reboot and mute on all three call methods. :)
2) I flashed the audiofix1.mic.zip you sent me, but it didn't fix the microphone on the wired headset. :-\

Let me know. Thanks.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Running 20121120 build. Just installed, poked around settings and searched this thread, but can't figure out how to get "None" for wallpaper...? (I like it real minimal -- no wallpaper, no transitions, nada)
In CM7, when I went to options on the home screen, I could choose wallpapers, then select "none". I don't see the "none" option.
Thanks.
Drew

Can you just take a black picture (cover the lens with your finger) and set that as the background?

Drew5316

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Or would just a 320x480px black PNG work?
blackwallpaper.png

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Kraven, I just donated to you and the 'donut fund' and the name on my receipt is Cris__ M____. Is this you/your handler? Just making sure.... :)

Drew5316

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 Sprint LS670 10/13 ZVD basesband Alpha18

I'm looking at this other script from DavisNT.
1. delete the system/etc/init.d/05mountext file.
2. flash the first file sd-ext_patch-signed-v11.zip at the link [MOD] Move to sd-ext | Simple app, private-app and Dalvik cache to SD solution - xda-developers,
3. then flash the 2nd file View attachment 43885 Then 2nd one will error out if the sd-ext already had directories. At this time you can wipe the sd-ext and reflash the 2nd one.
Any idea how long a reboot should take...? I've been looking at the boot animation going on 1/2 hour, now.
Thanks. Drew
CAI Build 20121120
PS: No adb available (downed server with VM that had eclipse / adb configured) so no ability to logcat

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Any idea how long a reboot should take...? I've been looking at the boot animation going on 1/2 hour, now.
Thanks. Drew
CAI Build 20121120
PS: No adb available (downed server with VM that had eclipse / adb configured) so no ability to logcat

That was sd-ext script testing meant for alpha 18 and below. I would wipe system and reflash the rom

Drew5316

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

That was sd-ext script testing meant for alpha 18 and below. I would wipe system and reflash the rom
Is there a script for alpha 19?
While I had an sd-ext partition, it was clear it was not being utilized by the alpha 19 rom.
Also, does "wipe system and reflash the rom" mean to just wipe the system, or should it be boot, cache, system & data?
Thanks. Drew

Last edited:

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

you turn it on manually now in settings/performance/ . Choose a2sd for apps only to sd-ext then reboot. Or choose d2sd for apps + dalvik to sd-ext, wipe dalvik caches in recovery, then reboot.

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

So, I hear that FoxFi/WiFi Tether work on this, just not native tethering. I've tried FoxFi, and both of the WiFi Tether apps (market/Google code) and I cant get them to work. I've tried Googling to fix it, but no methods worked. I can't even get Ad-hoc to work.. Is there some specific way/setting I should use to get it working? Also, in 19E I tried clicking on my contacts via the Phone app, and it would start to call, crash, and continue to call, and crash. Over and over.. I'm running on CM7 atm because I can't seem to find a method to work. So, any help appreciated.

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
1) might as well try it again..
2) what settings do you use?
3) do both infrastructure and adhoc work? Or just one?
4) does it still have the reboot bug on it?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

none, i just start it, it works...never had a problem with it rebooting, with the exception of when i used it with my hero on certain sense roms....

ewichern

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

So, I hear that FoxFi/WiFi Tether work on this, just not native tethering. I've tried FoxFi, and both of the WiFi Tether apps (market/Google code) and I cant get them to work. I've tried Googling to fix it, but no methods worked. I can't even get Ad-hoc to work.. Is there some specific way/setting I should use to get it working? Also, in 19E I tried clicking on my contacts via the Phone app, and it would start to call, crash, and continue to call, and crash. Over and over.. I'm running on CM7 atm because I can't seem to find a method to work. So, any help appreciated.

I'm running alpha18 (on a VM670), and FoxFi did not work, but Barnacle WiFi Tether worked fine. AFAIK Barnacle only does ad hoc mode.

I used the same settings that we had to use for one of the Quattrimus builds. IIRC the one that mattered was turning on "skip WPA_supplicant"

bbeaulg

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

I installed CAI 19e following the instructions on the first page. The wifi is always turning itself on and turning off the mobile data. I end up with a phone with no data all day long.

Are there any logs I can post that would help?

daisychopper

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site

Hi all,

I just installed alpha 19 and the gapps with amazon apps, etc. and it appears that I only have 40 mb left of space for other apps, with 125 used.
The thing is, under downloaded apps, all I have is the amazon appstore, titanium backup, the terminal emulator, and YouTube.

Does that seem right to you all?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Those are meant to be experimental Gapps. Just to save from downloading from the play store everytime. It should also have google voice and gmail. If you have a sd-ext partition on your sdcard, you can turn on a2sd or d2sd in Settings/performance, and it will move data/app to sd-ext. You can remove apps from the gapps zip or remove with titanium backup. Otherwise, use the smaller gapps for normal use. .

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

If you have a sd-ext partition on your sdcard, you can turn on a2sd or d2sd in Settings/performance, and it will move data/app to sd-ext.

I have been trying to format an sd-ext, I successfully made a ext3 at ~500mb but I can't seem to be able to make anything larger than that in ext3 and ext4 doesn't work all together. I'm using the minitool partition wizard. Is ext4 not supported or am I doing something wrong.

Btw, I have been using cm7.2 for a year and a half and just switched over to this because youtube was fixed... I love both of the roms and they all run beautifully. Thanks for all the hard work :)

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by thekraven<br />
If you have a sd-ext partition on your sdcard, you can turn on a2sd or d2sd in Settings/performance, and it will move data/app to sd-ext.
<br />
<br />
I have been trying to format an sd-ext, I successfully made a ext3 at ~500mb but I can't seem to be able to make anything larger than that in ext3 and ext4 doesn't work all together. I'm using the minitool partition wizard. Is ext4 not supported or am I doing something wrong.<br />
<br />
Btw, I have been using cm7.2 for a year and a half and just switched over to this because youtube was fixed... I love both of the roms and they all run beautifully. Thanks for all the hard work :)

What recovery are you using, and have you tried partitioning the card from there?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums