[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
As far as I could tell, the scripts would not move apps that had already been installed. I think you could do a TiBu backup/restore, but I have never done it that way myself.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
But my apps would already be there right? I don't want to reinstall a bunch of apps again since they are already present in the sd-int partition of my flash drive.

If they are just there and this version of CAI didn't move them then you are just wasting space.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

BradTheGeek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to drop a quick note in here. I have been using CAI since alpha 17. Love it and mucho props to thekraven. I had to stop using it as a daily driver though and wanted to report a couple bugs incase they have not been seen before.

One I know was just mentioned, and it is random data drops. I had that and turning data off and on would fix it. Not a major thing for me at the time, but now I am taking business emails and I need the data to not cut off.

Second, for a long time I had few problems, with Alpha 19, clock lag was almost gone, gmail didn't have display issues, it was great, if sometimes a little laggy (hell its ICS on a 600mhz proc, props just for doing that!!!). However, for about the past 2-3 weeks it would randomly not receive calls. No ring, no missed call notification. The only way I would know is of someone told me that they called, or I would get a voicemail. I left the 9016 messages coming in as they would inform me of a VM, and I would know it had done it again. I have now been back to stock and another ROM for a week or so and have not had this happen yet, so I don't think it is the phone or carrier. If it does turn out to be I will update here to let you know.

I want to reiterate, this is not a complaint. I love the ROM, just couldn't use it for business and have missed calls/emails. And in case anyone wonders, I am cheap, and hard on phones, so even for business I would rather carry a $50 phone that works then a $500 phone and smash it.

Thanks and props again to thekraven for his work, and I will follow developments and probably try this ROM again in the future.

cthedogg

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It has been a while but thank you thekraven for all of your hard work. I currently have the G and loving it. I just wanted to give thanks and give you a little something ;)
You made the S an amazing phone.

bstillwell15

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
POSSIBLE BUG:

i've had the cold as ice ROM on my phone for... almost a year now, and it's recently been having issues connecting to mobile data, so i can only access web if i'm using WI-FI. is this a bug, or just my phone being old? i'm due for an upgrade in May.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to disable offline charging on paranoid android

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
You would need to redo the ramdisk in the boot.img. I'm on vacation but there's a couple lines in the init.thunderc.rc to remove. Other option is the check to see if BobZhome's or quattrimus cm9 has offline charging or not. Swap the boot.img in the rom.zip and flash. Then flash a CAI kernel on top of that.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
POSSIBLE BUG:

i've had the cold as ice ROM on my phone for... almost a year now, and it's recently been having issues connecting to mobile data, so i can only access web if i'm using WI-FI. is this a bug, or just my phone being old? i'm due for an upgrade in May.

Maybe time to restore an old nandroid or reflash. Are you running a year old version, or have you been updating (alpha 19)?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
2 things, 1) I'm having trouble with wifi when I'm downloading things sometimes the wifi disconnects does anyone how to fix that? And is it possible to get swype?

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
2 things, 1) I'm having trouble with wifi when I'm downloading things sometimes the wifi disconnects does anyone how to fix that? And is it possible to get swype?

1)reset the router? 2) just go to swypes website and download the beta.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Just Google swype. You have to register with them to get access, then they email a link to the apk.

SwiftKey Flow is better though. It's free from their blog while it's in beta.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

nus

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9 for Sprint LS670 ZVD basesband on

I'm currently on an OV with ZV5 baseband and running CM7 on VM. Will upgrading to this ROM cause any permanent changes that may prevent me from going back to an OV-specific ROM? i.e. baseband changes?

_alexkta

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently on an OV with ZV5 baseband and running CM7 on VM. Will upgrading to this ROM cause any permanent changes that may prevent me from going back to an OV-specific ROM? i.e. baseband changes?

Nope

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Esp_eon

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit confused.
I'm running your CM7 rom on my Optimus S at the moment; to upgrade to this CM9 rom, all I have to do is move my apps to my sd card, then do the usual wiping and flashing, correct?
Also, can I flash the rom, then flash one of the kernels, with little or no adverse effects?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair