Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 103
Like Tree49Likes
  1. #26  
    me2151's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    ROM
    CM10(u jelly?)

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Yes. In fact h/w acceleration won't work withoutit.
    YAY might wanna mention that in the first post just to clerify
  2. #27  
    harsho1's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    ROM
    DanteRom

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Tried flashing this on hydro. First tried not wiping anything, then tried wiping dalvik only, then dalvik & cache both. All three times had no wifi. Every time i tried to turn on wifi it just said error.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harsho1 View Post
    Tried flashing this on hydro. First tried not wiping anything, then tried wiping dalvik only, then dalvik & cache both. All three times had no wifi. Every time i tried to turn on wifi it just said error.
    Logcat log please. I can't reproduce.
  4. #29  
    me2151's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    ROM
    CM10(u jelly?)

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Logcat log please. I can't reproduce.
    I can confirm hw acceleration is enabled on Drews CM9 port.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Edit: Ignore this post, I'm an *****.
    Last edited by lancejz; 02-20-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    if (Try()) Do(); else DoNot();
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lancejz View Post
    I did read it, it does not say to NOT do it. There are no details there to read. Just says to test it out if you want. You guys act like I did not read it. So, why you guys got to be such jerks, and tell me to do something I already did? Instead of say, that is what you will see, that is expected. That is an answer. Thanks for all the unhelp. Good to know there are no helpful people here that read this forum.

    For your information my phone is working mostly fine. It does the same things that others are having issues with on the CM9 ROM. Such as plugging it into power makes the phone screen go blank, and the phone unresponsive. If you unplug it, the phone works again, and it is kind of charged. At least I did not have to fight to have my Market back. All my apps were still on my phone, and work.

    I'm not on ZVD. I was on CM7 from Drew, been on it sense he put it out.
    But it does say that bug reports from using this kernel on CM7 will be ignored. Therefore it can be inferred that you're on your own if you have issues using this kernel on an unsupported ROM, and that submitting such bug reports is essentially pointless. To say "there are no helpful people here that read this forum" is quite wrong. There are plenty of helpful folks on this forum, and I wouldn't be where I am today without them.


    Now about your issue:

    Quote Originally Posted by lancejz View Post
    I just flashed my phone, just like you said. Kernal Version 2.6.35.7-iScream-v01+dreawwalton... CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2 Build number IHO-08092011-LS670, Android version 2.3.5 Model number LG-LS670 I'm still on Gingerbread, something did not go right. The boot splash also says Cyanogen (mod) 7. My background changed back to the Nexus.
    The phrase "something did not go right" means absolutely nothing. iScream is just a kernel. It doesn't change anything about the ROM itself, and it certainly doesn't change your background. If you want CM9, flash CM9. Also the particular version of CM7 you are using is extremely outdated, and I highly recommend upgrading to the latest CM7 build by thekraven, if you wish to stay on CM7.
    Last edited by drewwalton19216801; 02-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.
  7. #32  
    harsho1's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    ROM
    DanteRom

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Logcat log please. I can't reproduce.
    Please view enclosed logcat as requested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by harsho1 View Post
    Please view enclosed logcat as requested.
    Interesting. Are you on CM9 alpha 1 or alpha 2?
  9. #34  
    harsho1's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    ROM
    DanteRom

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Interesting. Are you on CM9 alpha 1 or alpha 2?
    This was done on HydroRom 1.0 Beta 2
    Last edited by harsho1; 02-20-2012 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added rom version
  10. #35  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    I have a question, that I don't see any answers to, does the video playback work? I see that the CM9 mod has the same issue. Forget about the other posts, I'm not arguing with you guys. If this update fixes that, then I"ll use it. Thank you.
    Last edited by lancejz; 02-20-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    if (Try()) Do(); else DoNot();
  11. #36  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    But it does say that bug reports from using this kernel on CM7 will be ignored. Therefore it can be inferred that you're on your own if you have issues using this kernel on an unsupported ROM, and that submitting such bug reports is essentially pointless. To say "there are no helpful people here that read this forum" is quite wrong. There are plenty of helpful folks on this forum, and I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

    I'm sorry Drew, I did not mean it like that. I was a bit upset that they were assuming I did not read it carefully. I was not reporting a bug report, I was just confused. There is a reply to your post that says CM7 CM9 ROM and I took that is an OK it works fine. Turns out it runs fine, as fine as the CM9 mod from what I've read in that post. My phone is snappy, and the WiFi works even better. I reiterate I was just posting that I was confused, I am sorry you thought I was posting a bug report.

    Now about your issue:



    The phrase "something did not go right" means absolutely nothing. iScream is just a kernel. It doesn't change anything about the ROM itself, and it certainly doesn't change your background. If you want CM9, flash CM9. Also the particular version of CM7 you are using is extremely outdated, and I highly recommend upgrading to the latest CM7 build by thekraven, if you wish to stay on CM7.
    Yeah, the background issue was because I had removed the SD card and my live background was running and it must have corrupted it, everything that was running in the background was corrupted. (I use Link2SD) The ext partition does not unmount when unmount is used it turns out. I am going to flash the newer CM7 now, as soon as I find it.
    if (Try()) Do(); else DoNot();
  12. #37  
    Va1ha11a's Avatar
    Troll Headhunter

    Posts
    1,051 Posts
    ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    which ROM?
    CM9, no. That is a rom issue, nothing to do with the kernel. For the camera comment, are you saying the lack of video playback is the reason the camera does not work, or are you asking why the camera does not work?

    I believe that if it is the first thing, that you are wrong because youtube DOES (sort of) work on kraven's cm9 a2, it is just unwatchably laggy, but the camera does not.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    which ROM?
    CM9, no. That is a rom issue, nothing to do with the kernel. For the camera comment, are you saying the lack of video playback is the reason the camera does not work, or are you asking why the camera does not work?

    I believe that if it is the first thing, that you are wrong because youtube DOES (sort of) work on kraven's cm9 a2, it is just unwatchably laggy, but the camera does not.
    Ah, does all video playback work then? The camera uses video plackback, yeah the camera does not work, I see that in the list still. I've decided to wait.
    if (Try()) Do(); else DoNot();
  14. #39  
    Va1ha11a's Avatar
    Troll Headhunter

    Posts
    1,051 Posts
    ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lancejz View Post
    Ah, does all video playback work then? The camera uses video plackback, yeah the camera does not work, I see that in the list still. I've decided to wait.
    In A2, the gallery is broken, and YouTube is unwatchable, so there is really not a way to watch things unless you watch in browser (which lacks flash, so you're limited there to). Awesome as cm9 is, I can see why you decided to hold off. this afternoon, I took out my phone, ready to send a picture mail, and than realized I couldn't because my camera doesn't work.
  15. #40  

    Default

    I'm. really curious for trying it on a cm7 rom, so I'm gonna restore my IHO backside rom and flash the kernel with home button and menu button swapped, and YES IM USING AN OPTIMUS V, just saying

    Sent from my VM670 running quattrimus cm9 oc 806~825
  16. #41  
    me2151's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    ROM
    CM10(u jelly?)

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by zazilez View Post
    I'm. really curious for trying it on a cm7 rom, so I'm gonna restore my IHO backside rom and flash the kernel with home button and menu button swapped, and YES IM USING AN OPTIMUS V, just saying

    Sent from my VM670 running quattrimus cm9 oc 806~825
    already tried :/ doesnt work well :P
  17. #42  
    res6jya6's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9 a10f

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    On Hydro Rom and Your Mom Rom iScream makes my phone freeze at boot up when the radio is on. Warning about roaming - accept-decline / pressing either immediately freezes phone and I have to do a hard reset by pulling battery
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by res6jya6 View Post
    On Hydro Rom and Your Mom Rom iScream makes my phone freeze at boot up when the radio is on. Warning about roaming - accept-decline / pressing either immediately freezes phone and I have to do a hard reset by pulling battery
    That shouldn't happen because of the kernel. Are you overclocking at all?
  19. #44  
    ikeywatson's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    That shouldn't happen because of the kernel. Are you overclocking at all?
    i am overclocking at 785mhz ,i noticed that it drains a bit faster on iscream than gingerkernel,not to serious for me,no frezzing at all by the way
  20. #45  
    res6jya6's Avatar

    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9 a10f

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    That shouldn't happen because of the kernel. Are you overclocking at all?
    It happened on both ROMs using iScream ... switched back to Gingerkernel and the problem resolved itself. Overclocked at 748/320
  21. #46  
    nemo8mile's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    ROM
    YourMomROM-v1.1/iScream K

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    What does this kernel do if installed on YourMomROM-v1.1?
  22. #47  
    tlrsax54's Avatar

    Posts
    318 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo8mile View Post
    What does this kernel do if installed on YourMomROM-v1.1?
    Works. Lol. YourMomROM is a 2.3 based ROM and the first post says it should be compatible.
    ikeywatson likes this.
  23. #48  
    nemo8mile's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    ROM
    YourMomROM-v1.1/iScream K

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    Quote Originally Posted by tlrsax54 View Post
    Works. Lol. YourMomROM is a 2.3 based ROM and the first post says it should be compatible.
    Yes, i know its its but what does it do? I dont see anything different.
    Last edited by nemo8mile; 02-26-2012 at 01:43 PM.
  24. #49  
    Va1ha11a's Avatar
    Troll Headhunter

    Posts
    1,051 Posts
    ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

    Default Re: [KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

    kernel controls interaction between hardware and phone. You hit menu button, kernel tells software you hit menu button. Kernel changes can change battery life, performance, gaming lag (or lack therof) and such. sometimes kernel changes are subtle (especially when made by the same dev)
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo8mile View Post
    Yes, i know its its but what does it do? I dont see anything different.
    It doesn't change anything visually.
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions