[KERNEL][GB/CM9] iScream Kernel v01 (ICS, baby!)

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
iScream Kernel 2.6.35.7 v01
A Gingerbread/ICS kernel based on official LG source

[INFO]ATTENTION:

Development of iScream Kernel will be slow over the next few weeks. An untimely family event occured earlier this evening and I will have much less time to devote to development of this or any other project. I will still be around as often as I can to help answer questions, solve issues, etc. Thank you for your understanding.[/INFO]
[WARN]This kernel is for 2.3-based (official LG-based) and CM9-based ROMs ONLY. Use on Froyo-based ROMS WILL result in major issues and as such is not supported![/WARN]
[WARN]This kernel is not certified for use on any CyanogenMod 7 ROM at this time, but you are welcome to test it anyway. Just know that bug reports from any ROM that is not based on the official LG software (or CM9) will be ignored for the time being.
[/WARN]
[INFO]ROM Developers:

Rather than include iScream Kernel in your ROM, please direct your users to this thread so they have the chance to thank or donate to me for my time and effort!
[/INFO]
[INFO]
Changelog:

iScream Kernel v01
1) Added new KGSL and Genlock drivers for ICS compatibility​

[/INFO]
[INFO]
Download:

Download Here (v01)
[/INFO]
[INFO]
Installation:

1) Download kernel ZIP
2) Place ZIP on root of sd card
3) Reboot to recovery mode
4) Flash kernel ZIP as you would a ROM (don't need to wipe anything)
5) PROFIT!
[/INFO]
[INFO]
[/INFO]

Donations:

If you like this, please consider a donation.
If not, hit that THANKS button for me!

Last edited:

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I feel like over the last two weeks there has been a huge increase in development activity for the Optimus S on this forum...haha. It's absolutely fantastic.

EDIT: Also I enjoy your sense of humor. iScream. Ice Cream. Get it? it's funny because....yeah.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, the unsigned is a real (i)screamer!

Just rebooted, now have a Android is upgrading......
Optimizing application xx of 80!

Hint: the only difference between the unsigned preview and iScream v01 is the kernel name/version. Code-wise it's the exact same kernel. Normally that wouldn't happen but I just wanted to release the damn thing already.

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I would give you a donation, but I'm out of work at the moment. I'll install this tomorrow, I'm too sleepy now, I just found out about it. I'll let you know what I think, and Thank you big time! :)

Warlord721

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Drew, LG should be paying you for everything you've done for our Opti S's! If they ever released another update for our phone ( doubt it) i would double check their work cuz they probably stole it from you! :-D Great work and Thank you!!

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm just trying to imagine the degree of awesomeness that would happen if Drew got access to the drivers and all the other goodies lg won't release. I Agree with Warlord. Awesome job!

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ummm,yeah the new kernel is bad a$$ Drew. Can't say it enough it makes cm9 run like silk on this phone. iscream sandwich :D

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed my phone, just like you said. Kernal Version 2.6.35.7-iScream-v01+dreawwalton... CyanogenMod-7.1.0.2 Build number IHO-08092011-LS670, Android version 2.3.5 Model number LG-LS670 I'm still on Gingerbread, something did not go right. The boot splash also says Cyanogen (mod) 7. My background changed back to the Nexus.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton