Ger my space back on sd card?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Use a tool like Gparted Live to erase the ext partition and expand the FAT32 primary (or any one you like). You might like to back up any important files, just in case something doesn't go as expected.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. Of course regular windows cant do it :p lol
You're very welcome. :)

Use an Operating System to manage disks? Why would you wanna do that when you can play Minesweeper and use Notepad and Internet Explorer...? :D

FYI: if you are not already familiar, using Linux when playing with Android has LOTS of advantages. You do not worry about the stupid drivers and it recognizes filesystems other than NTFS & FAT, such as your EXT. And of course Gparted is included with most distros and available for all.

Last edited:

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Ubuntu in particular makes it very easy to dual boot. Just install the .exe installer from their website and choose how much space you want to give to it. Currently multi-booting Ubuntu, Win7, and Joli OS. :D

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Ubuntu in particular makes it very easy to dual boot. Just install the .exe installer from their website and choose how much space you want to give to it. Currently multi-booting Ubuntu, Win7, and Joli OS. :D
It does it great for a trial, but long term, it kind of sucks. Installing it inside a user profile on a NTFS partition? It's worth checking out that way, but I find it strange that they push that as a "dual boot" option.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Windows work if you right click on Computer and click manage. It's just complicated. I use ES Partition Manager. In recovery, you can also partition back to normal.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You can also run Ubuntu in virtual box.
Very true. But doesn't the host OS handle drivers for attached USB devices, making them available as virtual devices to the guest OS? If you are going to Vbox it, then it's prolly easier to make Windows the guest (if you determine that you actually need it). Or just partition and do a proper dual boot configuration.

Either way, using Linux is more compatible and the preferred way to work with Android and its storage. :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci