Wifi tether question

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I'm currently running hydrorom and overclocking to 748 mHz. Well I was really excited to use the wifi tether but after 10 minutes my battery temp went from 17 to 30. Is the Optimus not powerful enough to handle it? And also will it burn out my cpu?
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Your optimus is powerful enough, its just that both wifi AND 3G on at the same time is a fast drain on the battery, which subsequently raises your phone temperature.

My advice, keep your phone plugged in while tethering and take the back off the phone, that way your battery wont drain and the back off the phone will cool off the battery a bit;)

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, having your clock speed cranked up that high is not helping the heat either. Try turning it down a bit while tethering.

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
So I'm currently running hydrorom and overclocking to 784 mHz. Well I was really excited to use the wifi tether but after 10 minutes my battery temp went from 17 to 30. Is the Optimus not powerful enough to handle it? And also will it burn out my cpu?
Thanks for the help.

Even better, get setCPU and change the clocking to when your phone reaches a certain temperature, your clock will go down. I WOULD ADVISE THIS THREAD: How-To Set-CPU Controls by: KSmithInNY

Hope this helps because it helped me. i have 748 Clocked CM7.2 By TheKraven, and when i wifi-tether and keep my phone plugged in, it gets so hot that it will randomly reboot, and this causes it to turn the performancce down to protect the phone from harm. also you can do MANY OTHER settings to get the best performance out of your phone.

If i helped, please Thank!

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
well the 784 was actually a typo, it's actually 748, and I have all the other ones set up also. Plus I was charging when I tried it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox