New guy here :)

alexp1289

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought my GF one of these LG Optimus S used off ebay (She has never had an Android phone. And didn't want to extend her Sprint contract lol). So first thing I did was do my research and this seemed like the best option for her IMO. Something I can easily fix if it ever goes hay-wire, just boot into recovery. Got it in the mail and I was like a kid in a candy store (I'm definitely a geek lol). First thing I did was root it then got the recovery flashed, then I flashed this rom, and finally flashed the pink theme for her. Now I'm just waiting for the extended battery I got for her since she works all day and then we will go and activate it.

Rom currently on her phone: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-built-apps2sd-storage-management-ocable.html

Extended Battery (If anyone is interested): NEW 3600mAh extended battery LG Optimus S ; Optimus U; Optimus V + Back Cover | eBay

Here's a review of the same exact battery: Extended Battery 3600 mAh LG Optimus V / U / S - YouTube

Just want to thank you guys for having a well organized forum. I'm not new to Android but it was easy to get all my research done before making this purchase for my GF.

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Congratz on the right purchase. there are many people willing to help here if you need it. so just let us know :)

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome! The Optimus S is a great little phone to hack at it. You may end up playing with it more than she does. :D

Be sure to upgrade the SD card, especially you are running apps or data from it. The one that comes with it kinda sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar