[BETA][ROM][MIUI] Rawrzilla Beta 2 By Team A.P.P

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [WIP][ROM][MIUI]Rawrzilla_ZVD_Alpha2 :D

me2151: Did you start building from TeamCooper's miui like I said to? Because the statusbar problems are from having 2 systemui.apks in there. You need to delete the regular systemui.apk and leave the miuisystemui.apk

would it be safe to delete before flashing???

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Nice rom thus far. No data though, just force closing when I toggle data on. Off the fc's stop. I did notice that a lot of images are still sized for hdpi. I have fixes for most if not all for them if you'd like them :)

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

All miui ROMs include gapps. And why?! Were getting good internal storage space

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Miui roms and sense roms include gapps, but for some reason, i can't remember why, google got pissed when cyanogen mod did....

ddamienzz

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site

i cant decide which rom to choose, this or cm9. i guess what ever comes out of alpha first will be my daily driver

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
All miui ROMs include gapps. And why?! Were getting good internal storage space

Because including gapps in a ROM that's not based on stock software is illegal. That's not an opinion, it's the law.

MIUI is based on CyanogenMod. It's illegal to include GApps in CyanogenMod therefore it's illegal to include them in MIUI.

Reactions: PatrickAkridge

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Because including gapps in a ROM that's not based on stock software is illegal. That's not an opinion, it's the law.

MIUI is based on CyanogenMod. It's illegal to include GApps in CyanogenMod therefore it's illegal to include them in MIUI.

That's something that you're going to have to take up with the MIUI devs, because they've been doing this for a while now.
My guess is that because Google attacked CyanogenMod directly, the other ROM devs don't feel that they were included in that controversy, at least not until Google decides to send a "Cease and Desist" letter to all the other major ROM devs.
And I highly believe that Google would decide to contact MIUI before any of us, and as soon as it gets taken out of their apps, it will get taken out of ours.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

That's something that you're going to have to take up with the MIUI devs, because they've been doing this for a while now.
My guess is that because Google attacked CyanogenMod directly, the other ROM devs don't feel that they were included in that controversy, at least not until Google decides to send a "Cease and Desist" letter to all the other major ROM devs.
And I highly believe that Google would decide to contact MIUI before any of us, and as soon as it gets taken out of their apps, it will get taken out of ours.

Well...a law is a law lol...it sounds like Google shouldn't HAVE to send a letter like that, but none the less, just because no one has been caught/in trouble doesn't make it right :)

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well...a law is a law lol...it sounds like Google shouldn't HAVE to send a letter like that, but none the less, just because no one has been caught/in trouble doesn't make it right :)
Then don't flash it and stay on the safe side. Simple as that. Like I said before, contact miui and complain to them

noonebutkev

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

i flashed it today and its AWESOME
but the video playback and constant phone force closes made me nandroid back to cm7
extra excited for alpha 3 :D

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Then don't flash it and stay on the safe side. Simple as that. Like I said before, contact miui and complain to them

The official MIUI team is based in China, so isn't bound by US law. AndroidCentral however, is bound by US law therefore so is everyone else who posts on this forum.

I'm sure the moderators who read this will agree.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The official MIUI team is based in China, so isn't bound by US law. AndroidCentral however, is bound by US law therefore so is everyone else who posts on this forum.

I'm sure the moderators who read this will agree.

Miui does have a base in us. And its official, because its on their website. [URL="http://www.miui.us][/URL]

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site

This matter could go on and on but there's no need. I have contacted the developer and he knows what he needs to do. There is no more need to discuss this here in a development thread for a ROM.
To settle the debate Drew is right you are not suppose to package gapps with AOSP,CM,or MIUI. We all make mistakes and I'm sure the developer will do his part to correct the error as soon as he has time. Thank you and now back on topic. :)

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

This matter could go on and on but there's no need. I have contacted the developer and he knows what he needs to do. There is no more need to discuss this here in a development thread for a ROM.
To settle the debate Drew is right you are not suppose to package gapps with AOSP,CM,or MIUI. We all make mistakes and I'm sure the developer will do his part to correct the error as soon as he has time. Thank you and now back on topic. :)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. i was not aware of said law. I have removed Gapps and will impliment some new updates.

Look forward to Alpha 3.

Reactions: Paul627g

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1