[wip][group project][cm9] bootanimation for kraven's cyanogenmod9

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Kraven, if it is okay with anthonycr (the invent-or of the quote)... I will build a cool boot-up animation that will probably have the ICS rise up, blink or something, and then like... slap down... I want to then make it say "Kraving Ice Cream?" and then to another part where it says "CyanogenMod 9.0 with Ice Cream Sandwich loading..."

Can ANYONE I MEAN ANYONE help me out on this??

Our Optimus' has the screen res. of 320*480 so it shouldn't be hard...

IMAGINE IT...

Take a look at my signature for the picture I want to use...

Imagine that picture just popping up, blink a couple times, maybe let-out a boot sound like... an R2D2 beep or something... then just kinda plop down in three layers (bottom, Ice Cream, top)...

Then the phone saying somehow in a nice layout "Are you kraving Ice Cream Sandwich?" in a Myraid Pro font.. I have that font avialable for use if needed... Then it just kinda maybe... the text flying away to right proceeding text flying IN from the left or something saying, also in a Myraid Pro font, "CyanogenMod 9.0 with Ice Cream Sandwich loading..." then the dots would just move "." ".." "..." then restart the "dot" process...

THOUGHTS:

Maybe we could have "kraving ice cream sandwich" there first then the android rise up and plop down in layers THEN the loading text... I DON'T KNOW...

I just am "KRAVING" to make this work....

PLEASE... I have a passion for doing this and I am reaching out for image editors, 320*480 image editors (kraven) for us to come together to make this work! PLEASE!

I have posted a thread in Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks for all to see... PLEASE HELP me out...

Thanks for all your kind support.

I have posted the original ICS image below in attachments... In order for us to use this, IT WILL HAVE TO BE RESIZED. Keep in mind, 320*480. No bigger or it will not fit on our screen..

If you have ANYTHING (ideas, images, ANYTHING), PM me. I am NOT good with creating boot animations, or Adobe P.S... so please...

Thanks, again!

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [wip][group project][cm9] bootanimation for kraven's cyanogen

If you don't use the rotten pun, you don't have to get permission to use it or pay either of them royalties. It would also make it more likely to be used on other ROMs if folks want. Just sayin'...

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

If you don't use the rotten pun, you don't have to get permission to use it or pay either of them royalties. It would also make it more likely to be used on other ROMs if folks want. Just sayin'...

I never thought of that... I guess that since I thought the quote was good because the guys name is "kraven" that it was awesome... It was so work on other ROM's though...

Can you PLEASE help me out?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I do not know how it is that you built this particular image, but one concept that might be cool and relatively easy to do is if you build the Android ice cream sandwich progressively... like body, arms, head... then have it get eaten away chomp by chomp. Build the bot... nom, nom, nom, nom, nom nom! I'd omit sounds, since those are largely seen as a bug during boot and disabled in many or most custom ROMs.

Start simple, you can always add to it. Maybe a "9" impressed into the body after the "build" is complete. The imagery will be cooler than too much text.

Dammit, now I want ice cream.

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I do not know how it is that you built this particular image, but one concept that might be cool and relatively easy to do is if you build the Android ice cream sandwich progressively... like body, arms, head... then have it get eaten away chomp by chomp. Build the bot... nom, nom, nom, nom, nom nom! I'd omit sounds, since those are largely seen as a bug during boot and disabled in many or most custom ROMs.

Start simple, you can always add to it. Maybe a "9" impressed into the body after the "build" is complete. The imagery will be cooler than too much text.

No no... I got the image off of Google.. Noncopyrighted.

Thanks for suggestions.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Just my $0.02:

Saying "CyanogenMod 9 with Ice Cream Sandwich" is kinda redundant, don't ya think? :p

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

It would be a little easier to just make a splash image, but that would need permission from Kraven to put in his ROM or you guys making your own variant of the ROM.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

If anyone wants the new official cm9 boot animation, here it is. There are 2 different files here, the first cuts off a little of the top and bottom to get the resolution to fit the screen, and the second shifts the animation part way thru to make it fit. [BOOT ANIMATION] CyanogenMod 9 CM9 for MDPI Optimus One - xda-developers
That is really nice. I still find 2-3MBs compressed is a little heavy for a boot animation on this device, but it is really cool. I gather that Patrick wants to try making something from scratch or just a few images here.

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking something a long the lines of this as well, with a "What do you Krave?" Tagline then the Little guy getting eaten. You have to create a series of .png files then string them together in an animation. I was going to try using flash or something. I've never created a boot.img so I don't really know anything else other than that.

duffieldj1

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

Suggestion... Just use Kraven it sounds the same as Kraving... Just to give a little more credit to The Kraven for his amazing ROM

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow such argument about the right wording to use...

I personally don't mind if you use what I said;)

One piece of advice, like curiousnoob is kinda indicating, don't use kraven, because that's the guys screen name. You may want to pm him about it.

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Idk how far you've actually gotten on making something, but I think I might try to at least come up with a cool animation based on the ideas here: the ics droid getting eaten or built, the cm9 logo fading in or out, or possibly a version of "kraving" haha.

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

If anyone wants the cm9 boot, (without cutting anything off screenwise), I posted about it here(post 412)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome