[WIP][ROM][2.3.7]LeWa Madness Alpha3

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Any bugs? and does anyone have benchmark scores?

Bugs are mentioned a few posts above yours, and benchmark scores really doesn't matter...I imagine comparable with CM7 but I wouldn't worry about it.

Reborn is an old ROM that's not updated anymore. This and CM7.2 are worth trying (by TheKraven)

Reactions: cmac1921

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Haha I know I'm used to my evo that broke :'( but i wondered how it compared to other optimus roms. I am using reborn rom now

I don't have any benchmark scores and I never really thought of doing a test since this isn't a "powerhouse" device. The Rom is smooth, responsive and fast. Not quite as fast and snappy as cm7 but you sacrifice some processing capabilities for aesthetics. That is my take on it anyhow. Try it out if you are curious, it is definitely a new flavor and gives this phone some character.

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done any benchmark tests, but I have found a couple of errors in the ROM.. nothing big just a couple of spelling type errors..

When in a call, it lists "Talk Time" as "Talk Time:5:27" or whatever. We need a space there.

In "Personal" in Settings, Lock-Screen is listed as "Lock Screen".. We need a space there.

In Power Manager on the toast popup when you touch wifi or bluetooth, it says "Dear,Starting BT would cost of energy".. We need a space there.

In "Themes" in Settings, second selection, wallpaper is mis-spelled.

In "Home" (LeWa Home Settings) 4th option down... the first word isn't capitalized.

On the status bar third page of options, it says "Mobiledata".. need space.

In Lockscreen settings, last option, it says LockScreen.. Need space or hyphen?

When copying themes, it says "Copying theme,please wait." Need space there

I just wanted to point these small errors out..

Last edited:

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Bugs are mentioned a few posts above yours, and benchmark scores really doesn't matter...I imagine comparable with CM7 but I wouldn't worry about it.

Reborn is an old ROM that's not updated anymore. This and CM7.2 are worth trying (by TheKraven)

Agreed. Reborn is dead.

(The word "bed" looks like a bed.)

Sorry. Of topic. :)

Back on topic..

Is CM7.2 by thekraven dead? He hasn't done any MAJOR updating lately.. just a couple of CM syncs and few bug fixes to the boot.img..

He must be busy with CM9

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Most of what Kraven had been doing was adding ICS features to CM7 (why fake what you can have for real?). also, the CM team has stopped major updates I think (they're working on cm9). So thus, I think the ROM is slowing down, but not dead (yet)

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
There's a big difference between "dead" and "done". Reborn ROM really doesn't need any more development. There isn't a patch or update to fix something needed. ROMs like the Scott Pilgrim CM7 are dead, because development stopped waaaaaay before it became uber-stable. Reborn is a rock solid alternative. I keep it on NAND backup when I need to update my PRL, which cannot be done on a CM7, CM9, Lewa or MIUI hybrid (without jumping thru a bunch of hoops, I should say). I also fall back to Reborn when the current flavor of the week becomes flaky when it's updated.

Reactions: aaronrw

wanabee

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
There's a big difference between "dead" and "done". Reborn ROM really doesn't need any more development. There isn't a patch or update to fix something needed. ROMs like the Scott Pilgrim CM7 are dead, because development stopped waaaaaay before it became uber-stable. Reborn is a rock solid alternative. I keep it on NAND backup when I need to update my PRL, which cannot be done on a CM7, CM9, Lewa or MIUI hybrid (without jumping thru a bunch of hoops, I should say). I also fall back to Reborn when the current flavor of the week becomes flaky when it's updated.

+1 ... well said

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a really good alternative to CM7! I actually just made the switch and am loving it. I've been so used to using Handcent SMS for the longest time, but am really liking how the stock messaging app is so well integrated. The only thing (very minor gripe) is is there any possible way to change the system's smiley faces, or even turn them off altogether? I hate them haha. Oh, and another thing; is there a way to use MiLocker (or any other lock screen program) and still maintain the system's delayed lock, rather than having it come on after every single unlock?
Edit: One other little thing: is it possible to turn off the data and ram monitors that are in the notification shade?

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This is actually a really good alternative to CM7! I actually just made the switch and am loving it. I've been so used to using Handcent SMS for the longest time, but am really liking how the stock messaging app is so well integrated. The only thing (very minor gripe) is is there any possible way to change the system's smiley faces, or even turn them off altogether? I hate them haha. Oh, and another thing; is there a way to use MiLocker (or any other lock screen program) and still maintain the system's delayed lock, rather than having it come on after every single unlock?
Edit: One other little thing: is it possible to turn off the data and ram monitors that are in the notification shade?

Smiley faces if I'm not wrong can be changed with UOT kitchen, taking them off is not in the settings AFAIK. And I wouldn't take them off the ROM completely. Same applies to Data Monitoring :) I don't use MiLocker myself but you could play with lockscreen settings and see.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Update: There have been a few updates to the ROM but nothing that fixes the data sticking or mms issue.
I'm not completely leaving this but keeping it aside for now. I will update it once/if the issues get fixed. Little busy with learning other things for time being and yeah exams too :p

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Those Smileys Have Got To Go :( Only Thing That's Stopping This From Being My Daily Driver

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Kinda same here. Speaking of which, I've discovered the built in messaging application doesn't send me notifications, and I have turned the notifications on in the settings. Unfortunately, it's forced me back to Handcent.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled this from because it said I had only 30 mb to download things and when it went over I couldn't clear my status bar and it bugged when it said I went over because I have unlimited everything if you can tell me a solution I will gladly reinstall this rom please help me pm me or something there is no problem it just annoys me right now I'm running cm9 but I would much rather run this than cm9 until all features are up and running I will install tommorow if there is a reply to this and fix it please help I'm going to bed now I'm *sleepy* *sleepy* *zzzzzz*

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled this from because it said I had only 30 mb to download things and when it went over I couldn't clear my status bar and it bugged when it said I went over because I have unlimited everything if you can tell me a solution I will gladly reinstall this rom please help me pm me or something there is no problem it just annoys me right now I'm running cm9 but I would much rather run this than cm9 until all features are up and running I will install tommorow if there is a reply to this and fix it please help I'm going to bed now I'm *sleepy* *sleepy* *zzzzzz*

I'm not on Lewa right now but there should be data monitoring options somewhere under settings.
By default, its set to 30MB, you could change it to whatever you want.
Let me know if you can't find, I'll have to flash it to find the options. Just browse all the options from menu, I'm sure it's there coz I changed it.

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to switch calls? I've encountered such a scenario today where I was in a phone call and then someone else called. I couldn't figure out how to switch back and had to wait for the second caller to hang up.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not on Lewa right now but there should be data monitoring options somewhere under settings.
By default, its set to 30MB, you could change it to whatever you want.
Let me know if you can't find, I'll have to flash it to find the options. Just browse all the options from menu, I'm sure it's there coz I changed it.

Thanks I will install right now :D

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc