whats with the ics roms?

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Four or five different ICS roms... and HydroRom is still in Beta. Things don't seem very proportionate here...

It's just one of those things where a ROM was developed for another phone very similar to ours. The timing was right and the source was there, so why not?

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I count 3 ICS ROMs.

HydroROM is a much slower, steadier, and stable release ROM. We have 2 current radios for this device... the ICS ROMs come as ports from sister/cousin phones, which were recently released.

How is this dispropotionate?

Imagine how crazy things would be if CM7 worked on ZVH too!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Four or five different ICS roms... and HydroRom is still in Beta. Things don't seem very proportionate here...

What exactly are you trying to say here? HydroROM is still in beta because we are working on a half a million things at once, ON TOP OF having real lives outside of AndroidCentral.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't know but I cannot wait till an every day stable ICS build comes out
I'm with you on that. And thanks to different folks playing with it now, it will likely work on either radio (despite LG/Sprint and their ZVH consolation).

Last edited:

res6jya6

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
And I do appreciate all the work that people put in! It was just an observation that maybe these four roms consolidate to two; one for zvh and one for zvd. Might make things move faster, too!

ddamienzz

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
i cant wait until these roms are done!!!! it almost makes me sad that im gonna get a new phone soon. if only the optimus had a front facing camera :'( ive been through so much with this phone <3

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow let's not forget this was a very low end phone and was lucky it ever got this much development. As one of the first to hack on this phone it wasn't the easiest. I for one know I'm grateful that this phone still gets support and ever got ICS. Let's all remember we(hacker/developers) take time away from our real lives,families,and friends to sit around and hack stuff all for free. We choose to do all this,if you want to take the time to learn and do it yourself feel free I'm sure all developers would love more helpful input.

lolinternet

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Let's all remember we(hacker/developers) take time away from our real lives,families,and friends to sit around and hack stuff all for free.

Lol, everyone knows that us Andronerds have neither friends nor family. We're a full-time breed of nerd. Meaningful relationships are a hindrance, so we shun them like plague carrying corpses in a zombie apocalypse.

Thousands upon thousands of lines of code, you say? Got that done while drinking my morning coffee. You can expect Android version codename Jelly Roll next week.

You're welcomed.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
@lolinternet Wow. You pulled off references to meaningful relationship and the inevitable zombie apocalypse in the same sentence. Impressive...

I've been having visions of picking off zombies one by one as they wander toward my house in search of flesh. Fortunately, they have to rely on their waning sense of smell, since their iPhones lack decent navigation capabilities, and I've been using herbs to mask my pheromones.
---
Prep lesson: Bath often and stock plenty of shotgun shells. Go skeet shooting while you still can!
---

On an unrelated note, does GPS and GPSStatus work on ZVD ICS?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay