[FIXED] help! my sd card isn't reading, stuck booting.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've searched and searched and haven't found a thread with the same issues I'm having, so if I missed o and this is redundant, sorry!

I'm on Hydro rom, and everything was working smooth as silk, though did get an SD card unmounted message yesterday after dropping my phone and the sd card came out a little. pushed it back in, everything seemed great, was able to call people and text this morning. I drove with google nav on this afternoon, sent a few texts, noticed I got a text from my work to call, and it's an automated thing with the number in the text, and so I touched the number, and my screen went black. I was able to hit the back button and get to my main menu, tried to get to my dialer, same thing happened. I was also getting a low phone space message as well and deleted two apps, then restarted my phone. it never fully booted.

I've pulled the battery out at least six times now, tried going into recovery to restore a nandroid and it can't find them. tried to mount and format both my 8 gig mini sd and the original sd card that came with the phone in xonia recovery and get errors for both.

I'm assuming that since the rom is saved on the SD card, that's why it's stuck. I've been reading the unbrick threads but all seem to want me to save something to my sd card, and that's obviously a problem if it's not reading. are there any options or am I SOL? I do have the sprint warranty/replacement plan so if there's a way to just at least make it look stock enough to get a replacement phone, I'd be down with that.

tl;dr version: my phone won't read, mount or format sd cards and I'm stuck, what do I do?

FIXED, NEVER MIND. Got the micro sd card that came with the phone to work. it wasn't formatting that one because it was empty. stupid me. so I flashed hydro beta 2 and so far so good. hooray!! so it was the sd card.

Last edited:

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: help! my sd card isn't reading, stuck booting.

There may be a problem with your SD Card slot, however, if you can get it into recovery, you can try pushing your update to the phone and then following this tutorial Flash zip files from ADB/Terminal (And other commands) ? Simran Dev

It should work, while your in recovery if your SD Card's not mounting the mountpoint should just act like a folder, not sure if it will actually install it though.

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

There may be a problem with your SD Card slot, however, if you can get it into recovery, you can try pushing your update to the phone and then following this tutorial Flash zip files from ADB/Terminal (And other commands) ? Simran Dev

It should work, while your in recovery if your SD Card's not mounting the mountpoint should just act like a folder, not sure if it will actually install it though.

stupid question, but what update would I be pushing in recovery mode, and how would I be doing that? or am I totally misunderstanding and would just be following that link verbatim without trying to push something beforehand?

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
You may have just damaged your SD card and/or your SD card slot. Not sure why that affected your actual system though.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

digitallove

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

You may have just damaged your SD card and/or your SD card slot. Not sure why that affected your actual system though.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

I used bluetooth in the morning to call my work, so I was able to successfully make calls today--though I did it from my stereo, not getting to the dialer on my phone. I then turned bluetooth off to preserve battery, , used gps to navigate (which DID get my phone pretty warm, it was a half hour drive), got that internal phone storage message sometime during said drive, and then couldn't get to my contacts or dialer. from what I know, none of that coupled with a reboot should've made my sd mount finally lose it, right? it should've just gone nuts on me yesterday, after I dropped it, not work out after reinsertion and then take 24 hours to gradually eff everything up?

edit: I know a lot of people had SD card issues when the phone first came out, too, but I've had it for a year and two months now, had the stock sd card for about six months and this 8 gig one since and have never had any of those issues. not sure if that's relevant.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20