CM7.2 Market / Play Store FC Issues !!!

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been having this problem on several devices now and after a lot of research and testing I still can't find a solution.
Hopefully someone can point out that I'm making a tiny mistake like "is it plugged in" lol.

BUT I have a feeling this is a bigger issue; possibly something to do with Google's dumbass idea to rename market to play store.

Your mission should you choose to accept it:

Task:
Identify cause for CM7 Android Market / Play Store force closures.

Conditions:
  • Fresh install of CM 7.2.0 RC1 and latest GAPPS on LS670 (Optimus S)
  • Market works flawlessly for first 20~ mins after fresh install
  • After 20~ mins, market is incapable of downloading apps and force closes when attempted
  • Market then force closes upon every attempt to reopen (even after reboot)
  • Clearing data / cache for the market via Settings > Applications > Manage Application allows the market to launch successfully but still force closes when attempting to download any app
  • Re-flashing GAPPS fails to resolve
  • Flashing older or newer version of GAPPS fails to resolve
  • Wiping cache / dalvik fails to resolve
  • Wiping data / Factory Reset fails to resolve
  • Deleting / Re-installing Market apk fails to resolve
  • Obviously simply rebooting device not only fixed the problem permanently, it somehow deposited $7,879.12 into my bank :p

Standard:
Successfully resolve this issue considering the Android Market is essential to life as we know it; ipso facto SAVE THE HUMAN RACE!!!

Notes:
Logcat shows the following that I suspect is the root issue:
Code:
D/Finsky( 1101): [1] DownloadQueueImpl.startDownload: Download com.rovio.angrybirdsspace.ads starting
W/dalvikvm( 1101): threadid=20: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40252560)
I/Process ( 1101): Sending signal. PID: 1101 SIG: 9
E/ActivityThread( 1101): Failed to find provider info for downloads
I/ActivityManager(  198): Process com.android.vending (pid 1101) has died.

Mission launch codeword: irene

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help point me in the right direction. I'd rather not ditch Cyanogenmod :(

Reactions: johnnyl33

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I flashed Gapps and the market never showed up. I found a Play Store apk and installed it. Works perfectly. Gapps does have the code for adding a Gmail account, so it is useful. I don't know why every one is having problems. I am running 7.2 D (or something like that)

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Nice post, I like the time you put into keeping it organized!

I haven't had any of the problems you had mentioned...I flashed one of the gapps I believe from 01-16, and it updated to the new Play Store pretty quickly and has worked fine ever since...wish I could help you out!

Reactions: avelis26

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nice post, I like the time you put into keeping it organized!

I haven't had any of the problems you had mentioned...I flashed one of the gapps I believe from 01-16, and it updated to the new Play Store pretty quickly and has worked fine ever since...wish I could help you out!

Thanks for noticing :)
I like posts that are easy to read lol

Odd, some people have the issue, and some don't. I for one have had this problem on both my LS670 and my girlfriend's Evo 4g.

Well I re-flashed my LS670 and haven't had the issue for 2 hours now... record for me. Probably has something to do with the fact that the phone knows I started posting online for help... damn smartphones :p

I'll keep this post updated if it happens again.

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've yet to have any issues with the Google Play store, I'm using CM7.2 the Kraven, have been for months. The only issue I have is known, and that is no audio on video recording.

prowlingfox

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm on CM7.2 (3/7 build) and I can confirm issues with Play store. After the Play store update, I had been unable to download apps (i got the "error processing purchase" dialog). Also, my device no longer showed up as linked to my google account, so i couldn't install apps remotely from a PC browser.

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on CM7.2 (3/7 build) and I can confirm issues with Play store. After the Play store update, I had been unable to download apps (i got the "error processing purchase" dialog). Also, my device no longer showed up as linked to my google account, so i couldn't install apps remotely from a PC browser.

Is there any chance you can try again and post your logcat ?
Does your market force close after that error or does your market open back up fine ?
Do you only have the issue with trying to purchase an app or downloading free apps too ?

Thanks for your help you guys... if I can find someone with identical or similar issues and compare logs, maybe I can pinpoint this issue... hopefully Kraven or Google beats me too it lol

Also is anyone running other roms or stock rom and having this SAME issue that I am having ?

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I've yet to have any issues with the Google Play store, I'm using CM7.2 the Kraven, have been for months. The only issue I have is known, and that is no audio on video recording.

Which rom did you flash; 3-7c/d or 2-7 ?
Which GAPPS did you flash?
Have to ask just be sure but you are using a ZVD baseband LS670 right ?
Can I have $2,983,883.11 for a new couch ?

lol Thanks everyone

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol nice.
UPDATE: I said screw it for a while and I flashed CM9 ICS Alpha 7
So far loving it. Just wish it was fully functional which its close to. I would call this alpha a beta. AND so far 2 days and no market issues.
I still want to solve the cm7 market issues though.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

avelis26

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OMFG.... I feel like a complete ... I think I found my problem....
Everytime I flash a ROM, it has always been my personal protocol to use an app like Root Uninstaller to remove some apps I don't need (i.e. browser.apk because I use Dolphin)
Two of the apps I was in the habit of removing was:
Code:
com.android.providers.downloads
com.android.providers.drm
Prior to using Cyanogenmod I removed them all the time without issue, but with some research I realize that removing them from CM, KILLS the market lol
Mystery solved, thanks people lol

jasonsmedia

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the update, I just started having this issue recently on a trip and it has been driving me nuts!!

I'll try to stick those download apks back in and see if I'm back in business.