[ROM]MIUI GingerBread Release5 4.26.2012 ZVD

wanabee

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM]MIUI 2.3.7 Release4 4.14.2012 ZVD

using v3, tried v4 but camera would fc, v3 using included MIUI camera works fine find it slightly smother with better battery life and a 1300 quadrant using 248/748 ineractiveX maybe it is the way i installed it (flashed rom t powered off then manually went to recovery and flash gapps) or just lucky but MIUI -v3 to me is solid

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

No
I wiped everything and I understand it takes a while on the first boot but after a hour I knew something was wrong so I reflashed same result could it be that every day I'm on zvh zvd or zvj I flashed this on vd

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Ok, if you want to try again, you could try what Carole did. Flash ROM, flash gapps, flash both again without wiping anything. Worked for her it seems.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

BTW, if you download MiLocker you can set lock screen using it and it works. No need to download MiLocker thems, it just uses the MIUI theme's lock screen.
I tried a lot of resized MiLocker themes for MDPI but none of them work. Looks like if the images of the buttons are resized to fit the 320*480 resolution they'll end up being too small and it won't unlock. If the unlocker doesn't work, pressing the down button and back button at the same time unlocks the phone.

You don't have to download Milocker. Milocker is MIUI lockscreen :D
Just download MDPI themes from here and place it in the SDcard/MIUI/theme and apply from theme>customize>lockscreen. Most of them are good. And for some weird reason, volume down + back combo ain't working for me. I remember reading it on XDA but not working here :-\

Last edited:

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

using v3, tried v4 but camera would fc, v3 using included MIUI camera works fine find it slightly smother with better battery life and a 1300 quadrant using 248/748 ineractiveX maybe it is the way i installed it (flashed rom t powered off then manually went to recovery and flash gapps) or just lucky but MIUI -v3 to me is solid

Noticed that. I might swap camera from V3 and see if that works.

CubanoRafter

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Ok, if you want to try again, you could try what Carole did. Flash ROM, flash gapps, flash both again without wiping anything. Worked for her it seems.

This is what worked for me.

Wiped all the data, etc...from first post
Flashed rom
Flashed gapps
*would not boot to home screen*
Wiped dalvic
Wiped all the data, etc
Flashed rom
Flashed gapps
Worked

Not sure why it didn't work the first time, but everything works now.
I really like what you did here with this rom. Thanks alot!

Reactions: Invincible Madness

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I wanted to see,what would happen if I downloaded Milocker and installed it now that it has mdpi support. it installed fine and works awesome. Now I can download and use any lockscreen from miui. Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone that was wondering.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

You don't have to download Milocker. Milocker is MIUI lockscreen :D
Just download MDPI themes from here and place it in the SDcard/MIUI/theme and apply from theme>customize>lockscreen. Most of them are good. And for some weird reason, volume down + back combo ain't working for me. I remember reading it on XDA but not working here :-\

Oh.. I thought we couldn't apply lockscreen when applying themes. That's why I tried to see if the milocker app would work lol

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Oh.. I thought we couldn't apply lockscreen when applying themes. That's why I tried to see if the milocker app would work lol

You are right. You can't apply lockscreen when applying a HDPI theme. You can download MDPI lockscreens from XDA and apply them.
Twippets (may be you siad the same) said you could apply HDPI lockscreens with Milocker since it converts them to MDPI but I didn't check this myself.

Edit: It actually works :D Only issue is, when MiLocker is on, it's impossible to get the power menu.

Last edited:

jasonevil

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You are right. You can't apply lockscreen when applying a HDPI theme. You can download MDPI lockscreens from XDA and apply them.
Twippets (may be you siad the same) said you could apply HDPI lockscreens with Milocker since it converts them to MDPI but I didn't check this myself.

Edit: It actually works :D Only issue is, when MiLocker is on, it's impossible to get the power menu.

Switch the notification drop down to the other one.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to change the in-call background? I did some research online and they say it should be the lockscreen background but mine is not. I do have a lockscreen wallpaper set up but the in-call background is still the same red sunrise one... It stays the same no matter what theme I use for the lockscreen.

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to change the in-call background? I did some research online and they say it should be the lockscreen background but mine is not. I do have a lockscreen wallpaper set up but the in-call background is still the same red sunrise one... It stays the same no matter what theme I use for the lockscreen.

I am having the same issue. I tried applying the lock screen background from both system and milocker and both ways I still have the sunrise upon receiving and placing calls.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Open ROM with 7zip, drag Phone.apk out into a folder. Right click Phone.apk with 7zip and select open archieve. Go to res/drawable-hdpi and find the image main_background.jpg. Replace that with image you want and name it the same (careful with 320*480 size, should be the same size), update archieve, go back and close. Drag and drop this app into ROM or adb push to system/apps, set permissions, reboot. :)

Reactions: carole6m

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Is there a way to enable wallpaper scrolling? The launcher settings doesn't seem to have an option to toggle wallpaper scrolling.

carole6m

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Is it just me or does the flipclock seem to be broken for now? I can get the 3 skins for the analog clock to work :) The 3 that were posted by jasonevil a few pages back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo