upg from zv9 to zvd w/o sdk?

shybold

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I hate posting when I'm sure the answer is already out there, but I spent a lot of time searching and can't seem to find the answer I want. Perhaps I just didn't recognize it due to my ignorance. Sorry. But better to ask than brick my phone...

So I have sw zv9, xionia_007, and nROM 1.5.2 from a year ago when I first started this. I spent a couple weeks trying every kernel and ROM I could find and that's how I ended up and I loved it. It is now time to update. I have seen a guide or two instructing how to update to zvd but they require android sdk tools. When I first did this, I did it all from the phone.

Could somebody please direct me to a post on how to upgrade from an already rooted and ROM'd ZV9 to ZVD without a computer? If it doesn't exist, I can use a computer after I fix a few things. Thanks.

Reactions: cigman

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
You will need to flash a stock recovery, flash the zvd update.zip, then reroot with gingerbread.apk, install the newer xionia with terminal emulator, create a nandroid and flash new rom of your choice, cm7 is my recommended

Edit

Epi is correct, it might be a little easier if you would rather. Follow that link, it will be of alot of help to you what every way you decide. Either way you need to flash a new recovery first, as the version of recovery you have is NOT safe to flash a sprint update.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: shybold

shybold

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you. Flashed latest xionia recovery and installed update. Now for kernels and ROMs. Fun.

Update: Loving CM7 so far. Will try others. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance