what is the diff ZVD vs MVD

krakmunkey

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
When I installed hydro rom my base-band was changed to MVH. Ever since then I have had data trouble so I tried wiping and reverting to ZVD using this thread

official-sprint-zvd-froyo-downgrade-now-availablel

had to do a full wipe in the process. The phone is working again and it apears to have Data but the Base-band is MVD instead of ZVD. What is the difference? Will it mess anything up? Can it be fixed?

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
They will know because when u root u void ur warrenty then they know

Sent from futuristic optimus s

They will not know if you unroot and return to stock and make sure SU and everything is gone. I did this in January when I was having problems with my last Optimus S and got it replaced, no problem ;)

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
They will know because when u root u void ur warrenty then they know

They would NOT know if you return to stock recovery and rom! There is nothing on the phone thats "HEY HE ROOTED ME" Only way they can tell if they can see the files one the phone that are used to root the phone! So if you remove those files, then they would not know! (UNROOT)! I know this FIRST Hand!

Reactions: Zhara

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
They would NOT know if you return to stock recovery and rom! There is nothing on the phone thats "HEY HE ROOTED ME" Only way they can tell if they can see the files one the phone that are used to root the phone! So if you remove those files, then they would not know! (UNROOT)! I know this FIRST Hand![/QUOTE/]
EDIT: I'm not smart

krakmunkey

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure I unrooted my phone when I ran the the official ZVD revert "update.zip" twice to get the stock recovery and ROM with the ZVD base-band but ended up with the MVD

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty sure I unrooted my phone when I ran the the official ZVD revert "update.zip" twice to get the stock recovery and ROM with the ZVD base-band but ended up with the MVD

That's ok
If you scroll down to sw version it says ZVD still.

sent from my CM7/Reborn w/ 1 Gb internal storage Optimus S

Always happy to help, hit that thanks button if I did

Last edited:

twtippets

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
They would NOT know if you return to stock recovery and rom! There is nothing on the phone thats "HEY HE ROOTED ME" Only way they can tell if they can see the files one the phone that are used to root the phone! So if you remove those files, then they would not know! (UNROOT)! I know this FIRST Hand!

Good to know I need to take my wife's phone in. I unrooted and returned it to stock, I just wasn't sure if there was some way of seeing that I rooted it. Also, as a side note to the OP, before you changed to HydroRom did you do the official upgrade from zvd to zvh? There is a known issue of mismatched radios if you switch Roms the way you described. That would cause your data to not work.

krakmunkey

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I was running Your Mom Rom before I installed Hydro Rom, and before that several other ROMs. I think the last Official update I did was via the OTA for VC. Where can i get the Official ZVH update my update software from lg says my phone is up to date.

blackops1125 how did you get your phone to those specs.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was running Your Mom Rom before I installed Hydro Rom, and before that several other ROMs. I think the last Official update I did was via the OTA for VC. Where can i get the Official ZVH update my update software from lg says my phone is up to date.

blackops1125 how did you get your phone to those specs.

Zvh is screwup wait for zvj to come out just have stock rom and recovery and wait and...
Blackops how did u get those specs so high?????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan