Rooting ZVJ - Testing Thread

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
So here is a list of current exploits to try. If you attempt to root and succeed or fail, please post your results for the community. I will cross them off and include results in the OP as they are eliminated. Please try multiple attempts before posting results, as some exploits take several attempts to hit.:

1. Zerglings / Optiauto (sfhub)
  2. Gingerbreak
  3. z4root
  4. rageagainstthecage
  5. Sons of Korhal / zergRush (drewwalton19219801) (Is this exploit any different than the exploit in sfhub's rooting thread?)
  6. RootKeeper

It is likely that these loopholes will have been closed, but it is worth investigating. Further, a solution will be found sooner if we multitask. :)

Last edited:

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
it wasnt an app what u did was while u were rooted u flashed stock v9 recovery then ran the update.zip then rooted the os thru the recovery.it was how they they rooted zvh when the update first came out its in an old post

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
it wasnt an app what u did was while u were rooted u flashed stock v9 recovery then ran the update.zip then rooted the os thru the recovery.it was how they they rooted zvh when the update first came out its in an old post

Yeah, I was responding to valhalla and the ota rootkeeper app he posted ;)

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

AMAZINGCHICO

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
gonna wait for a one click root... the reverting back to zvd/zvh then updating again to root is just TOO MUCH WORK... and not to mention confusing for a lot of people who are not tech savvy

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
gonna wait for a one click root... the reverting back to zvd/zvh then updating again to root is just TOO MUCH WORK... and not to mention confusing for a lot of people who are not tech savvy

Oh my God, what I would give for a LMAO animated emoticon right now.... Thank you for reminding me about how far we've come....

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Here you go
rofl.gif

Reactions: Buddlespit

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Unless someone finds another exploit (not likely) you are never going to have a rooted phone. It's really not that hard especially with sfhub's near-automated utility. You just need to read and follow directions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith