[UPDATE] ZVJ UPDATE.ZIP + rooting instructions

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
NOTICE Sfhub has updated his thread to include the modifications added here, so this thread is no longer necessary. I will leave all information up, including the ZVJ update.zip for the community. Please, I direct you to his thread for the root method of ZVJ. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-rooting-ls670zvh-zvj-links-root-zvd-zv9.html Also, those who feel confident enough, please help test his new automated root tool for either ZVH or ZVJ. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-zvj-rooting-automation-please-help-test.html

As no else has yet done this, here we go.

ATTENTION To root the ZVJ Baseband, you MUST start from a rooted version of ZVD or ZVH. Nothing else will work as of now.​

This file was supplied by eps1lon3 (click his name to go to the post to thank him!) so a HUGE thanks goes out !! I have simply changed the file name so it is ready to flash, and uploaded it to a site that does not need a subscription to download.

ZVJ Update.zip Download, MIRROR

This will need to be placed on the root of the SD card (not in any folder) prior to flashing via stock recovery as part of the guide linked below. Do not rename or modify.

The new baseband ZVJ has been released and is a fixed (supposedly) version of the failed ZVH update released last September. It is 2.3.3 Gingerbread, and there is no direct root method. Jstntp (click his name to link to thank him!) has successfully found a backdoor root that was previously used to root ZVH before a direct root method was found.

Sfhub's thread to root will be used. Follow all directions EXCEPT #4 and follow directions below.

Note: Please follow all steps from sfhub's thread except #4 which is substituted below. ALL steps are important.

[How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH (+ links to root ZVD/ZV9)

Below is the slight modification to root ZVJ, which is simply substituting the new update.zip for the old ZVJ one.

Modified from sfhub's thread
4) Apply the ZVJ update.zip The previous step should have booted you into the VH recovery. From the VH recovery Press [Vol Dwn] button once to highlight "apply sdcard:update.zip" Press the [Menu] button to run the ZVJ updater After around 75 seconds (based on class 6 sdcard) it will return to the recovery menu If you get a signature error, either you don't have stock recovery (see Step #3) or your ZVJ update.zip download is corrupted. At this point you need to press the [Menu] button to continue the rest of the install (write the radio, boot android, recreate dalvik-cache). This should take anywhere from 3-5 minutes. Your phone will reboot. When the update is done, you should be booted into Android. You are now running ZVJwith ZVJ Radio.

If anyone feels I have stepped on toes or not given credit where do, let me know and I will either modify or take the thread down.

Thanks and Credits go to:

eps1lon3 for providing the much needed ZVJ update.zip
jstntp for discovering a working root method
sfhub for the the initial ZVH root method
scrosler for the mirror on the update.zip
All of Team Hydro for the enormity of all thier work.
And of course the Android Central community as a whole, and all its great members.

Last edited:

nazzo

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes! Finally, thank you eps1lon3!

P.s. What is the difference between backdoor rooting and direct rooting?

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
This is very important!! The current rooting process for ZVJ requires you to start with rooted ZVD or ZVH first! If you have already upgraded to ZVJ, you need to revert back, obtain root and follow the guide referenced in the OP.

I'm really not trying to be rude people, but please READ what is right in front of you. It is all laid out in detail.

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site
just to clarify im running your mom rom. which is a rooted zvh variety. i dont need a stock recovery and all that crap?

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
This is very important!! The current rooting process for ZVJ requires you to start with rooted ZVD or ZVH first! If you have already upgraded to ZVJ, you need to revert back, obtain root and follow the guide referenced in the OP.

I'm really not trying to be rude people, but please READ what is right in front of you. It is all laid out in detail.

I updated the OP to give a bolder notice about that.

Reactions: ikeywatson

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I was on VD and it was rooted when I upgraded. Didnt work

xcraveddreamsx

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I must of missed a step from what I read if I'm rooted flash stock recovery then flash zvj and the root caries over...if so I don't have root... Help?

Sent with telepathic powers

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok I must of missed a step from what I read if I'm rooted flash stock recovery then flash zvj and the root caries over...if so I don't have root... Help?

Sent with telepathic powers

Yep, missed step 6. As long as you installed the stock ZVH recovery before you upgraded to ZVJ, you can still perform step 6 and gain root.

Reactions: xcraveddreamsx

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
worked perfectly just as expected just had a problem getting the adb shell for root.had to reinstall the files to the sd card then try again worked just fine after that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781