Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 471
Like Tree119Likes
  1. #226  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    i have not had the bluetooth cut off(also vibration goes out) since i flashed any version of this rom. not once.
    i have been using the stock kernel.
  2. #227  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    Try the newly released HydroKernel and see if anything changes, since it's built from latest ZVJ sources.
    I'm all over it!
    Thanks
  3. #228  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    The thanks for this go to jstntp for all his guidance and help. Also the Drew for his work in hydroRom, without your work I doubt I could have figured it all out.

    [BOX="."]
    ATTENTION

    Ginger Rom 1.3 Extended Power Menu

    This is an addon for Ginger Rom 1.3 that adds the extended power menu to the shut down procedure. A HUGE thanks to jstntp for his support and suggestions on getting me thru this. Also major props to Drew for his work on getting this to work on HydroRom, without that I wouldnt have been able to figure out how to make the necessary changes.


    This has been updated to v6 as I had to fix the Power Off option and I signed it while I was at it.

    Again updated to v7 to fix recovery icon size, thanks jstntp!! I did resign it too.

    Okay, this should be the last change. I messed up recompiling it so had to redo. Now it is just PowerMod.signed.zip

    As long as you are on 1.3, simply boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache, and flash powermod5.zip[/BOX]

  4. #229  
    ikeywatson's Avatar

    Posts
    184 Posts
    ROM
    jellybeanLIH leak

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    will try this out now
    update
    working great ,now all gingerRom needs is pull down powerwidgets in notifacation bar and this rom will belike hydro,great,great effort hlxanthus
    Last edited by ikeywatson; 04-17-2012 at 02:57 PM.
  5. #230  
    scifan's Avatar

    Posts
    396 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    ZVD/ICE CM9 Alpha

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by res6jya6 View Post
    I was about to grab the .kl file and modify it for you myself, however, I don't know which file the keys use. I would assume it's only a matter of removing the wake command from the home/settings/back/search keys.

    I, however, rather like using those buttons as wake keys - the power button can be difficult to find at times.
    I like having them not do anything because if I just have the phone in a pocket... because they're constantly turning on the screen, I find that my phone battery life falls through the floor...
  6. #231  
    mobius1484's Avatar

    Posts
    134 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Here is a little script update for anyone that wants to try it out. Might fix the screen on delay that some of you are experiencing, might not. Lol. Overall though, should increase performance a little bit.

    - just flash it, no wipes needed. Backup first though!
    Are these tweaks different than ones already included in v1.3?
  7. #232  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Here is a little script update for anyone that wants to try it out. Might fix the screen on delay that some of you are experiencing, might not. Lol. Overall though, should increase performance a little bit.

    - just flash it, no wipes needed. Backup first though!
    Thanks Jstntp! Installed it and everything is working fine. Looks like the screen wakeup time using the power button has improved. I'll be able to do a side by side comparison with a stock ROM/kernel phone this weekend.
  8. #233  
    pdxguy77's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM 1.1.0/Hydro v1p4

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    had a new glitch last night.... my htc_ime mod started force closing...even after a reboot...finally got into the keyboard settings to turn it off...that was annoying...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #234  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdxguy77 View Post
    had a new glitch last night.... my htc_ime mod started force closing...even after a reboot...finally got into the keyboard settings to turn it off...that was annoying...
    I'm going to call that a glitch with the HTC_mod. I have not tested it with ZVJ although it "should" work just fine.
  10. #235  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    Quote Originally Posted by grayem View Post
    Can any of you that have any form of ZVJ test netflix. I was on ZVD and netflix was fine, and it still works on the wife's ZVD phone. The video speed is way too slow causing audio sync issues.
    Thanks
    Yes, the video is out of sync on ZVJ. Was fine on ZVD.
  11. #236  
    pdxguy77's Avatar

    Posts
    49 Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM 1.1.0/Hydro v1p4

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    I'm going to call that a glitch with the HTC_mod. I have not tested it with ZVJ although it "should" work just fine.
    yea i ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling...gonna see if it does it again...maybe ill get lucky with the new kernel.


    nope another FC...bummer.... i liked that keyboard....
  12. #237  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    so the powermod 5 and no button wake up mods are mods to the 1.3 gingerom?

    And the Hydrokernel is a newly released kernel for ZVJ? Is this better than Gingerkernel?
  13. #238  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Installed and tested the Extended Power Menu, now I can get into the recovery mode with just one finger Great job hlxanthus, thank you for this very handy mod!
  14. #239  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    so the powermod 5 and no button wake up mods are mods to the 1.3 gingerom?

    And the Hydrokernel is a newly released kernel for ZVJ? Is this better than Gingerkernel?
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes (biased because I developed both)
    Thanked by:
    aaronrw likes this.
  15. #240  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    I've been lazy, just rooted zvj and installed this plus the powermod and the no button wake on top of drews new kernel...hellz to the yeah my phone is blazing...about to install CWMT recovery just for kicks
  16. #241  
    drewwalton19216801's Avatar

    Posts
    2,538 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronrw View Post
    I've been lazy, just rooted zvj and installed this plus the powermod and the no button wake on top of drews new kernel...hellz to the yeah my phone is blazing...about to install CWMT recovery just for kicks
    Do it to it

    This thing really flys. Been running it to test HydroKernel GB Edition and good lord is it fast.






    <SPOILER ALERT>
    Just be warned, a monster is coming....
    </SPOILER ALERT>
    Thanked by 2:
  17. #242  
    epidenimus's Avatar
    Racer of Elevators

    Posts
    1,139 Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    <SPOILER ALERT>
    Just be warned, a monster is coming....
    </SPOILER ALERT>
    Would that be HydraROM?
  18. #243  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    What is CWMT?

    Is it okay if i flashed like this

    Wipe data
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik

    Install 1.3 gingerrom
    install powermod5
    install no button wake up mod
    install battery in right corner mod
    install hydro kernel

    reboot
    Is this fine?

    DId i miss anything? Also do i need to install the script update that was posted yesterday for increasing performance? Can i Use winrar and put all the gingerrom files together so its all in one file. Like put powermod5, no button wake up mod, battery in right corner, and script update all in the 1.3 gingerrom file?
    Last edited by ryandubbz; 04-17-2012 at 07:50 PM.
  19. #244  
    epidenimus's Avatar
    Racer of Elevators

    Posts
    1,139 Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    What is CWMT?
    Clockwork Mod Touch is a custom recovery that Drew ported and adapted to the Optimus S. It is based on a newer version of CWM than the champion, Xionia Recovery, but only works with certain ROMs.

    See here and here.

    What the poster you referenced is saying is that he is pushing everything on his device to the cutting edge, just for the thrill of it.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #245  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    What is CWMT?

    Is it okay if i flashed like this

    Wipe data
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik

    Install 1.3 gingerrom
    install powermod5
    install no button wake up mod
    install battery in right corner mod
    install hydro kernel

    reboot
    Is this fine?

    DId i miss anything? Also do i need to install the script update that was posted yesterday for increasing performance? Can i Use winrar and put all the gingerrom files together so its all in one file. Like put powermod5, no button wake up mod, battery in right corner, and script update all in the 1.3 gingerrom file?
    Yep you can put all those respective files in place right inside the rom.zip ....... except the kernel. Going to have to flash that separately. Its imbedded in the boot.img which takes a little more than swapping out rom files to incorporate that.
    Thanked by:
  21. #246  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    thank you for your quick response, I didnt flash the script update that you posted yesterday, but i just did every other update, Do i need to flash this script update?

    If i do, do i need to wipe anything when doing this one?
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #247  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    No need to wipe anything and I'm not sure if I would call it a NEEDED mod. I'm just playing around with different script options here. If you guys notice any improvements then cool if not it seems no harm is done. I say make a backup of your setup now and give it a shot, why not right? :P
  23. #248  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    how do you back up what i have now? SOrry total N00b! here

    Also do any of you guys use Juice defender or anything else to save battery life?

    Also Thanks alot for all your hard work,

    now the people on youporn move alot faster
    Last edited by ryandubbz; 04-17-2012 at 09:24 PM.
  24. #249  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by ryandubbz View Post
    how do you back up what i have now? SOrry total N00b! here

    Also do any of you guys use Juice defender or anything else to save battery life?
    Backup by booting into recovery. Scroll down to "Backup and Restore" and choose backup. I figure you can figure out how to restore.

    Battery saving apps like Juice Defender IMO are less then worthless, actually use more then they save. Better off to use something like No Frills Cpu Control to over/underclock the phone with a decent governor aka interactivex or smartass2 or the like. I use 786max/320min interactivex. Also a great battery saver is using Wifi as MUCH as possible and set it to never sleep.
    Thanked by 3:
  25. #250  

    Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Backup by booting into recovery. Scroll down to "Backup and Restore" and choose backup. I figure you can figure out how to restore.

    Battery saving apps like Juice Defender IMO are less then worthless, actually use more then they save. Better off to use something like No Frills Cpu Control to over/underclock the phone with a decent governor aka interactivex or smartass2 or the like. I use 786max/320min interactivex. Also a great battery saver is using Wifi as MUCH as possible and set it to never sleep.
    What about I/O Scheduler ?
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B