[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

rcdoma

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
PowerMod6 is working fine on my phone with GingerROM/GingerKernel, clock mod and Script Update :confused:. Thanks a lot for your dedication and hard work in getting the new version out so quick, hope you get some sleep tonight :)

I'll go ahead and install the latest PowerMod after installing Titanium backup.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a thing to say
You and all of the rest of team hydro have done a excellent job lately
But when I first installed I said one thing
This is gonna be awesome so I thank you because you are the first one to develop a rom for zvj
All of the zvh roms work but this is better because its for zvj
All I wanted to say is thanks and if anyone agrees give a shout

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Reactions: jstntp

ijroorda

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I switched from ZVJ/HydroROM to ZVJ/GingerRom/HydroKernel, and so far it seems like I am seeing much improved battery life. My battery life was never what I thought it should have been on HydroROM, but I never really spent any time trying to figure out why. Has anyone else seen an improvement with GingerRom over HydroROM?

Thanks for the great work jstntp and Drew. Props to hlxanthus for the PowerMod as well.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I switched from ZVJ/HydroROM to ZVJ/GingerRom/HydroKernel, and so far it seems like I am seeing much improved battery life. My battery life was never what I thought it should have been on HydroROM, but I never really spent any time trying to figure out why. Has anyone else seen an improvement with GingerRom over HydroROM?

Thanks for the great work jstntp and Drew. Props to hlxanthus for the PowerMod as well.

Ginger rom in my eyes is more supperior but I have noticed better batterey life on ginger rom I have tested EVERY single rom and this places 1
Your mom is second
Hydro third
Grom fourth
Kravens cm9 6
Miui 7
Lewa 8
Cm7 9
This is the best so far

Ginger Rom
Hydro kernel
808mhz
Amphetimas
8gb sd

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Any one having battery drain with the time without signal? I experienced a 10% power drop in like 20 minutes. Toggled airplane on/off, rebooted and changed a few settings (weather updates ect) and it seems to have passed. Just curious if others are having this issue.

Edit: also the phone got really warm during that time.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Any one having battery drain with the time without signal? I experienced a 10% power drop in like 20 minutes. Toggled airplane on/off, rebooted and changed a few settings (weather updates ect) and it seems to have passed. Just curious if others are having this issue.

Edit: also the phone got really warm during that time.

Time without signal is a display bug, no battery used. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=48547

When the phone boots and creates the DB table used to populate that statistic, it's including GSM connectivity which translates to 50% time without signal. Android was originally a GSM OS only and slowly got CDMA merged in. This issue seems to be addressed in the newer source.

sillymeu2

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I had full bars though, sitting in a parking lot in the center of a large town! Shouldnt have been any issue there LOL

Come on Full Bars, but I don't really drink!! Lol Sorry (look at my screen name) Anyway, I have seen it where with Sprint in particular I had full signal or close to full and with the PHONE function was great, clear no Digital garble, but DATA is slow or even low to no connection. Lately Sprint here (SW Burbs Chicago) has had DATA problems and they admit that when I have called and battery on my Optimus s with CM7 ROM was very high drain, even with a almost Double Capacity Battery.....so just as example don,t be so quick to blame your poor Phone Hardware/Software:'( lol... service providers equipment can need repair or updates and they will not tell you that most of the time, or the CSR on the phone has NO CLUE what your talking about...... anyway my motto is " If it can't be done, then do it anyway!" Just keep playing with changes to ROM, etc. I think what you have done and others outhere is very cool!!:mad::-$ I'll be watching, testing, trying, etc. Thanks for the hardwork... keep going..............

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Time without signal is a display bug, no battery used. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=48547

When the phone boots and creates the DB table used to populate that statistic, it's including GSM connectivity which translates to 50% time without signal. Android was originally a GSM OS only and slowly got CDMA merged in. This issue seems to be addressed in the newer source.

Ah, look who stepped back into his old stompin grounds for a visit! :p

kenny70452

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
re battery drain
I had gingerrom and gingerkernel, tried the first power mod and the gps mod. Battery drain was rapid, like an hour used 50% and as soon as the phone rang it dropped the call.

wiped everything, started over with the rom and kernel, all OK. Added the latest power mod, all still OK. Chose not to try the gps mod again. phone may have been hunting a signal or something. thanks for the work on those items.

Last edited:

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site
so im curious about something....i forgot whos rom it was but the launcher buttons at the bottom of the main screen, were setup to more then 3 and you could add to it. like a shortcut taskbar...

ok maybe im smoking crack.....what a waste...lol

why not use launcher pro ,you can customize your dock with anything you like

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney