Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819
Like Tree119Likes

ROM
    CM10 nightly

Question Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

I am running the most updated version of gROM w/ ZVH and am going to give this a try for something maybe more updated.

Does this support data2extv4? gROM didn't have it and as I pretty much use it for a media/wifi device I am not sure i need it anyway. Just curious, because It has been over a year since I messed with roms on my optimus.

*edit: The touch screen was kind of wonky the whole time I was using gROM trying to select stuff and such so I cruised on here to see what else was new, hope it helps
    Last edited by Magicman08; 10-21-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: *moved zvh to right spot *added info

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Re: [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Yes, use the same tool you used to root and update to zvj before. Just follow sfhubs guide again. I believe I had an issue running it without a stock based rom on the device though, so you may need something other the cm7 on the phone.
    Can't I just run the patch to switch it back to zvj in the thread that allowed me to downgrade from zvj to zvd?

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnny4 View Post
    Can't I just run the patch to switch it back to zvj in the thread that allowed me to downgrade from zvj to zvd?
    Yes you can. But note that the does not downgrade you. It just allows you to get service. It was your terminology that confused me.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone have a link for the Hydro Kernel? I am desperate my phone has no service and I need to change the current kernel...Or if not, does anyone have a download link to a kernel that will work well with this rom? Unfortunately all of the above links are dead....Thank you in advance, I am going on 10 hours of trying to figure this out and I am getting very frustrated.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

If your phone has no service its not a kernel issue.. you probably flashed a ROM that wasn't compatible with your baseband.

It has to be like this
    Zvd = zvd
    Zvj = zvj

Not
    Zvd = zvj or vice-versa

Always check it before you flash a new ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Well this is what happened....I switched back to my old Optimus S which was rooted with cm7. I hadnt used it in a few months...when I activated it yesterday, everything worked but the internet. So I flashed Dante Rom v4 and then thats when I started having issues w not having any service...I did back-up but I ended up putting cm7 back on my phone for now until I can figure out my issue...So I need to either find out how to make CM7 work or find a ROM that I can flash that will work...I did make sure they were ZVJ Roms which I have on my optimus S. I should also mention I tried to flash Ginger Rom and still had the same no service issue....any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated I dont know what to do.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

That's why cm7 is for zvd only, and danterom is zvj.

Its an easy fix just flash the zvd->zvj patch here on the opti s forums.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

ROM
    Changes Daily

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    That's why cm7 is for zvd only, and danterom is zvj.

Its an easy fix just flash the zvd->zvj patch here on the opti s forums.

The patch names can get a bit confusing but it's..

Zvd-zvj if your on zvj
    Zvj-zvd if your on zvd

Rom-phone in other words

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running OM-Mandylion IHO on LS670ZVJ baseband

Is there/where is a link for the Hydro Kernel?

I just flashed Ginger to my Optimus S and now I want to do as recommended and flash the kernel too. I have searched and Googled even without success.

Any and all help appreciated...

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by **** Goesinya View Post
    Is there/where is a link for the Hydro Kernel?

I just flashed Ginger to my Optimus S and now I want to do as recommended and flash the kernel too. I have searched and Googled even without success.

Any and all help appreciated...

Boot to recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache, turn off signature verification, and flash

Thanked by:

Thanks!
    Been hacking for a while but NEW to Android and learning.
    I have to ask another question - is there a proper web page or download spot for this HYDRO kernel? I searched here and Googled and found nothing. I am sure I missed it...duh...but for future use it would help to know this instead of having to beg in a thread...lol

I am going to PM the OP of this thread and suggest he update his page with a link as well.

PS - was checking out your DANTE ROM yesterday and I am going to try it out. Experimenting to find a nice, fast but full featured ROM for my girlfriends LG Optimus. I started with Ginger but Dante is next...probably today once I back this one up! lol

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

There currently is no dedicated thread for it, as the dev was banned due to a conflict with the forum staff. With the devs permission I have been providing links to it when requested.

Does GingerROM allow Profile and PRL updates? I know the option is not greyed-out but didn't want to attempt it without asking first, at the risk of bricking my phone. (I'm using HydroKernel as well, if that makes a difference.)

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by M_A_M View Post
    Does GingerROM allow Profile and PRL updates? I know the option is not greyed-out but didn't want to attempt it without asking first, at the risk of bricking my phone. (I'm using HydroKernel as well, if that makes a difference.)
    Go right ahead, you are completely safe.

can someone repost the GingerROM and the ZVJ-clock-normal-mod-v1.3.zip and mod_no-buttons-wake-GB.zip and mod_stock-GB-button-layout.zip none of the links work i get a dropbox error 404 please help me out on the [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-
    Last edited by Rustymp; 07-01-2013 at 12:34 PM.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymp View Post
    can someone repost the GingerROM and the ZVJ-clock-normal-mod-v1.3.zip and mod_no-buttons-wake-GB.zip and mod_stock-GB-button-layout.zip none of the links work i get a dropbox error 404 please help me out on the [ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-
    Here is a copy of the rom atleast. I don't have the others. Please note, give this some time to upload as I just placed it on my dropbox. I will message jstntp and see if he can rehost the others.

Thanked by 2:

Thank You and please do

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymp View Post
    Thank You and please do
    I've had this on on my SD card for a long time:

I also have this one:

And this is the boot animation I've been using:
    Thanked by 3:

I am going to drop the rom in my phone in a few. I am switching from Dante's (nothing personal just trying things out). I would like to try Hydro's Kernal but cannot find it. Also I cannot find the ginger kernal either because most the links I went to do not work or lead to a site that has been taken down. Anyone have any live links? I have went through pages of threads on here.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by Nkognito View Post
    I am going to drop the rom in my phone in a few. I am switching from Dante's (nothing personal just trying things out). I would like to try Hydro's Kernal but cannot find it. Also I cannot find the ginger kernal either because most the links I went to do not work or lead to a site that has been taken down. Anyone have any live links? I have went through pages of threads on here.
    Here is hydro kernel

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Enzomatrx View Post
    I've had this on on my SD card for a long time:

I also have this one:

And this is the boot animation I've been using:
    Thanks for posting these! The boot animation is nice. I can't get the Hydro-Normal-Clock.zip to install, though - it looks like it gets as far as the "opening files" step during the installation verification, then the recovery manager restarts. Does that sound like a sign of anything I'm doing wrong?

Edit: I'm running what I think is the most recent GRom w/ ZVJ + hyrdo kernel.
    Last edited by deargle; 10-16-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819