Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 471
Like Tree119Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #101  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    I like the app Quickboot from the market. If you want to do it without an app, power the phone down then at the same time hold power, volume down and home button until the recovery screen pops up. Will take a few seconds so just keep holding.

    But Quickboot is the way to go IMO.
    mike9670 likes this.
  2. #102  
    Buddlespit's Avatar
    Wannabe kewl

    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    I made a theme in UOT kitchen, which worked perfectly with v1.0 using edify and patch9 autofix (default settings). I want to point out that this is a gingerbread rom, so both framework-res,apk and systemui.apk are needed.
  3. #103  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    i love this rom. everything i use is working as good or better than before.

    also i can confirm that the bluetooth audio bug where it cuts out along with all vibration function until after a reboot has not happened once.
    Thanked by 2:
    Warlord721 likes this.
  4. #104  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    I made a theme in UOT kitchen, which worked perfectly with v1.0 using edify and patch9 autofix (default settings). I want to point out that this is a gingerbread rom, so both framework-res,apk and systemui.apk are needed.
    What all did you theme? I spent 4 hours last night trying to get UOT to work, and at the nothing. I was getting the status 0 error so I added the update-binary from the rom as the instructions said. So I do that, flash, and there were zero changes to the rom. It has simply got to be user error, but I am lost to figure how to do this. After that I even tried to find out how to theme without the kitchen, but alas that is beyond me for now.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    What all did you theme? I spent 4 hours last night trying to get UOT to work, and at the nothing. I was getting the status 0 error so I added the update-binary from the rom as the instructions said. So I do that, flash, and there were zero changes to the rom. It has simply got to be user error, but I am lost to figure how to do this. After that I even tried to find out how to theme without the kitchen, but alas that is beyond me for now.
    Here try this. Take your cooked zip from UOT and open it up. Also open the ROM zip along side of it.

    Simply replace the two files in the rom with yours that UOT cooked. Framework-res.apk into framework folder and SystemUI.apk into app folder.

    Disable signature verification and flash the ROM.
  6. #106  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Here try this. Take your cooked zip from UOT and open it up. Also open the ROM zip along side of it.

    Simply replace the two files in the rom with yours that UOT cooked. Framework-res.apk into framework folder and SystemUI.apk into app folder.

    Disable signature verification and flash the ROM.
    Okay, for some reason it is working now. The first time I renamed it but I wouldn't think that would have broken it. I redownloaded it and works fine now. I will post later. Nothing big, battery mod, slide tab and boot animation.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #107  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    Rooted from stock ZVD to ZVJ using [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ method and installed GingerROM and Gingerkernel last night and everything is working well. Have not seen the double tap issue. Thank you devs!!!
    Thanked by:
    jstntp 
  8. #108  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default



    This is a simple theme that will add a percentage battery like cm7. No other tweaks or mods. After playing with the UOT kitchen, I have given up for the day, as they all looked like junk! So I simply themed just the battery, as that is one of the few things I just couldn't live without LOL. This is for 1.1. I did use UOT kitchen, as I don't really know another way (although I am sure master rom-smiths could do it).

    Thanked by 3:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post


    This is a simple theme that will add a percentage battery like cm7. No other tweaks or mods. After playing with the UOT kitchen, I have given up for the day, as they all looked like junk! So I simply themed just the battery, as that is one of the few things I just couldn't live without LOL. This is for 1.1. I did use UOT kitchen, as I don't really know another way (although I am sure master rom-smiths could do it).
    Just wanted to note that if your running v1.0 you CAN flash this too.
  10. #110  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Just wanted to note that if your running v1.0 you CAN flash this too.
    Feel free to add link and picture to OP if you want

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #111  
    mike9670's Avatar
    DROID Master

    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    Thanks for the battery mod
    [
  12. #112  
    jonny5449's Avatar
    AC Citizen

    Posts
    2,571 Posts
    ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

    Default

    I made a theme check out my thread for pics here's download link


    Sent from futuristic optimus s
  13. #113  

    Default

    How hard is it to code the shut down menu

    Sent with telepathic powers
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xcraveddreamsx View Post
    How hard is it to code the shut down menu

    Sent with telepathic powers
    Well, its definitely a tougher level of modding . I've done it for three different ROMs now and it would still probably take me a few hours of non stop work to port it, especially since its been a few months since I did it last. It requires a wide range of editing code and inserting images. The xml and image editing isn't the hard part. The toughest part is working in the .smali files, which is basically dalvik-machine code. Then getting all the resources to match takes some patience as well.

    I really would love to get the notification toggles and power mod in this rom guys, but as I stated in the OP, my time for Android is severely limited right now.
    Ill see if I have some spare time this weekend but I can't promise anything. On the other hand, if someone wants to research it and put out a mod, I say go for it.
    Thanked by 2:
    darktoy and ikeywatson like this.
  15. #115  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    I am experiencing MAJOR battery drain today. I don't know what the cause is yet. I have deleted a few apparently that maybe the cause to see if that helps. Getting time without signal too that is part of it.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    - screenshot

    v1.2 - unsigned


    This will actually be the official 1.2, I just didn't have time to sign it this morning before I had to leave. Just toggle signature verification.
    Last edited by jstntp; 04-13-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    pilot03, darktoy and ikeywatson like this.
  17. #117  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    i noticed faster battery drain yesterday as well.\
    dloading 1.2 right now.
    Last edited by rod_munch; 04-13-2012 at 10:26 AM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #118  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    I am experiencing MAJOR battery drain today. I don't know what the cause is yet. I have deleted a few apparently that maybe the cause to see if that helps. Getting time without signal too that is part of it.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    Hmmm, was this correlated directly with flashing 1.1? Or have you been running it for a couple days and the battery drain is new as of today.
  19. #119  
    hlxanthus's Avatar

    Posts
    1,783 Posts
    ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Hmmm, was this correlated directly with flashing 1.1? Or have you been running it for a couple days and the battery drain is new as of today.
    New today, but had been on wifi before that. I cannot believe it to be the battery mod theme, that shouldn't do this. Only thing I did this morning is create a nand so I could run Johnny's theme then nand back.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    New today, but had been on wifi before that. I cannot believe it to be the battery mod theme, that shouldn't do this. Only thing I did this morning is create a nand so I could run Johnny's theme then nand back.

    Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    No, should not be the battey mod at all. Something (app maybe, or bad signal) has gone haywire. Try clearing cache and dalvik. Then updating prl and profile.
  21. #121  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    a: i forsure noticed a faster battery drain of 1.1. (with no changes other than flashing the rom)

    b: i just installed 1.2 and everything is great except the clock is on the left side and not in the middle(this is nitpicking). ill keep an eye on my battery and stuff
  22. #122  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Well, its definitely a tougher level of modding . I've done it for three different ROMs now and it would still probably take me a few hours of non stop work to port it, especially since its been a few months since I did it last. It requires a wide range of editing code and inserting images. The xml and image editing isn't the hard part. The toughest part is working in the .smali files, which is basically dalvik-machine code. Then getting all the resources to match takes some patience as well.

    I really would love to get the notification toggles and power mod in this rom guys, but as I stated in the OP, my time for Android is severely limited right now.
    Ill see if I have some spare time this weekend but I can't promise anything. On the other hand, if someone wants to research it and put out a mod, I say go for it.
    Is there a book or website I can reed and learn this stuff I really want to help with th a power menu and toggles

    Sent with telepathic powers
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #123  
    jstntp's Avatar
    AC Forums Android Developer

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    Quote Originally Posted by rod_munch View Post
    a: i forsure noticed a faster battery drain of 1.1. (with no changes other than flashing the rom)

    b: i just installed 1.2 and everything is great except the clock is on the left side and not in the middle(this is nitpicking). ill keep an eye on my battery and stuff
    Lol, I meant for it to be on the left. i will post a mod for center and normal when I post the signed rom.
    Thanked by:
    rod_munch likes this.
  24. #124  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    I tried HydroRom on a fresh rooted ZVJ and was just experiencing sluggishness, unresponsiveness, and sporadic reboots. Have been on ZVH and HydroRom for quite awhile but this ROM with ZVJ just isn't worth it for me. Too many annoying things. Went to GingerRom for ZVJ and viola, a great experience so far. Thanks guys!
  25. #125  

    Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

    Can I dirty flash this on top off stock rooted zvj?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B