Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #101  
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

I like the app Quickboot from the market. If you want to do it without an app, power the phone down then at the same time hold power, volume down and home button until the recovery screen pops up. Will take a few seconds so just keep holding.

But Quickboot is the way to go IMO.
    mike9670 likes this.
    Wannabe kewl

Global Posts
    675 Global Posts
    ROM
    Wicked Sensations TW-JB

Default Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

I made a theme in UOT kitchen, which worked perfectly with v1.0 using edify and patch9 autofix (default settings). I want to point out that this is a gingerbread rom, so both framework-res,apk and systemui.apk are needed.

i love this rom. everything i use is working as good or better than before.

also i can confirm that the bluetooth audio bug where it cuts out along with all vibration function until after a reboot has not happened once.
    Thanked by 2:
    Warlord721 likes this.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by Buddlespit View Post
    I made a theme in UOT kitchen, which worked perfectly with v1.0 using edify and patch9 autofix (default settings). I want to point out that this is a gingerbread rom, so both framework-res,apk and systemui.apk are needed.
    What all did you theme? I spent 4 hours last night trying to get UOT to work, and at the nothing. I was getting the status 0 error so I added the update-binary from the rom as the instructions said. So I do that, flash, and there were zero changes to the rom. It has simply got to be user error, but I am lost to figure how to do this. After that I even tried to find out how to theme without the kitchen, but alas that is beyond me for now.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #105  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    What all did you theme? I spent 4 hours last night trying to get UOT to work, and at the nothing. I was getting the status 0 error so I added the update-binary from the rom as the instructions said. So I do that, flash, and there were zero changes to the rom. It has simply got to be user error, but I am lost to figure how to do this. After that I even tried to find out how to theme without the kitchen, but alas that is beyond me for now.
    Here try this. Take your cooked zip from UOT and open it up. Also open the ROM zip along side of it.

Simply replace the two files in the rom with yours that UOT cooked. Framework-res.apk into framework folder and SystemUI.apk into app folder.

Disable signature verification and flash the ROM.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Quote Originally Posted by jstntp View Post
    Here try this. Take your cooked zip from UOT and open it up. Also open the ROM zip along side of it.

Simply replace the two files in the rom with yours that UOT cooked. Framework-res.apk into framework folder and SystemUI.apk into app folder.

Disable signature verification and flash the ROM.
    Okay, for some reason it is working now. The first time I renamed it but I wouldn't think that would have broken it. I redownloaded it and works fine now. I will post later. Nothing big, battery mod, slide tab and boot animation.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Rooted from stock ZVD to ZVJ using [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ method and installed GingerROM and Gingerkernel last night and everything is working well. Have not seen the double tap issue. Thank you devs!!!
    Thanked by:
    jstntp 

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

This is a simple theme that will add a percentage battery like cm7. No other tweaks or mods. After playing with the UOT kitchen, I have given up for the day, as they all looked like junk! So I simply themed just the battery, as that is one of the few things I just couldn't live without LOL. This is for 1.1. I did use UOT kitchen, as I don't really know another way (although I am sure master rom-smiths could do it).

Thanked by 3:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #109  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

This is a simple theme that will add a percentage battery like cm7. No other tweaks or mods. After playing with the UOT kitchen, I have given up for the day, as they all looked like junk! So I simply themed just the battery, as that is one of the few things I just couldn't live without LOL. This is for 1.1. I did use UOT kitchen, as I don't really know another way (although I am sure master rom-smiths could do it).
    Just wanted to note that if your running v1.0 you CAN flash this too.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Just wanted to note that if your running v1.0 you CAN flash this too.
    Feel free to add link and picture to OP if you want

DROID Master

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    ROM

Thanks for the battery mod
    [
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

I made a theme check out my thread for pics here's download link

Sent from futuristic optimus s

How hard is it to code the shut down menu

Sent with telepathic powers
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #114  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by xcraveddreamsx View Post
    How hard is it to code the shut down menu

Well, its definitely a tougher level of modding . I've done it for three different ROMs now and it would still probably take me a few hours of non stop work to port it, especially since its been a few months since I did it last. It requires a wide range of editing code and inserting images. The xml and image editing isn't the hard part. The toughest part is working in the .smali files, which is basically dalvik-machine code. Then getting all the resources to match takes some patience as well.

I really would love to get the notification toggles and power mod in this rom guys, but as I stated in the OP, my time for Android is severely limited right now.
    Ill see if I have some spare time this weekend but I can't promise anything. On the other hand, if someone wants to research it and put out a mod, I say go for it.
    Thanked by 2:
    darktoy and ikeywatson like this.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

I am experiencing MAJOR battery drain today. I don't know what the cause is yet. I have deleted a few apparently that maybe the cause to see if that helps. Getting time without signal too that is part of it.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

- screenshot

v1.2 - unsigned

This will actually be the official 1.2, I just didn't have time to sign it this morning before I had to leave. Just toggle signature verification.
    Last edited by jstntp; 04-13-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    pilot03, darktoy and ikeywatson like this.

i noticed faster battery drain yesterday as well.\
    dloading 1.2 right now.
    Last edited by rod_munch; 04-13-2012 at 10:26 AM.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #118  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

I am experiencing MAJOR battery drain today. I don't know what the cause is yet. I have deleted a few apparently that maybe the cause to see if that helps. Getting time without signal too that is part of it.

Hmmm, was this correlated directly with flashing 1.1? Or have you been running it for a couple days and the battery drain is new as of today.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Hmmm, was this correlated directly with flashing 1.1? Or have you been running it for a couple days and the battery drain is new as of today.
    New today, but had been on wifi before that. I cannot believe it to be the battery mod theme, that shouldn't do this. Only thing I did this morning is create a nand so I could run Johnny's theme then nand back.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

New today, but had been on wifi before that. I cannot believe it to be the battery mod theme, that shouldn't do this. Only thing I did this morning is create a nand so I could run Johnny's theme then nand back.

No, should not be the battey mod at all. Something (app maybe, or bad signal) has gone haywire. Try clearing cache and dalvik. Then updating prl and profile.

a: i forsure noticed a faster battery drain of 1.1. (with no changes other than flashing the rom)

b: i just installed 1.2 and everything is great except the clock is on the left side and not in the middle(this is nitpicking). ill keep an eye on my battery and stuff

Well, its definitely a tougher level of modding . I've done it for three different ROMs now and it would still probably take me a few hours of non stop work to port it, especially since its been a few months since I did it last. It requires a wide range of editing code and inserting images. The xml and image editing isn't the hard part. The toughest part is working in the .smali files, which is basically dalvik-machine code. Then getting all the resources to match takes some patience as well.

I really would love to get the notification toggles and power mod in this rom guys, but as I stated in the OP, my time for Android is severely limited right now.
    Ill see if I have some spare time this weekend but I can't promise anything. On the other hand, if someone wants to research it and put out a mod, I say go for it.
    Is there a book or website I can reed and learn this stuff I really want to help with th a power menu and toggles

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #123  

ROM
    aosp - JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by rod_munch View Post
    a: i forsure noticed a faster battery drain of 1.1. (with no changes other than flashing the rom)

b: i just installed 1.2 and everything is great except the clock is on the left side and not in the middle(this is nitpicking). ill keep an eye on my battery and stuff
    Lol, I meant for it to be on the left. i will post a mod for center and normal when I post the signed rom.
    Thanked by:
    rod_munch likes this.

I tried HydroRom on a fresh rooted ZVJ and was just experiencing sluggishness, unresponsiveness, and sporadic reboots. Have been on ZVH and HydroRom for quite awhile but this ROM with ZVJ just isn't worth it for me. Too many annoying things. Went to GingerRom for ZVJ and viola, a great experience so far. Thanks guys!

Can I dirty flash this on top off stock rooted zvj?
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast