[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes the kitchen is compatible, I have made many themes( posted some of them for ZVD & CM7), you just have make sure you upload the correct files.

Do we need to change any of the settings at the end, or just leave them alone? And i know we need the framework-res.apk, what other files do we need to upload? Last time i tried using uot kitchen I did something wrong at the end and it didn't work, just wanna make sure this time :)

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Also need to upload systemui.apk. if I recall right, you can leave the settings alone. Back in the day we had to change it to amend scripting, but no need to worry about that now.

Reactions: Zhara

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there packaging work that needs to be done? I know it would need to be signed to flash from recovery and I think I have figured out.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If your talking about the uot kitchen, it will sign the zip for you. Even if you choose to try some modding yourself you really don't HAVE to sign the zip. Just disable sig verification in recovery first then flash.

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

as far as any issues though i'm running iscream and it runs great, the bat does run quite hot with minimal use but i'm using on demand gov at 748mhz.

ive always had an issue with hot battery when over clocking no matter what rom im running...i just leave mine at the stock 600...no problems

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No, I wanted to test the stock kernel so we'd have a better picture of it's improvements and short comings.

I was Gtalking with drew about this update, and both of us were laughing at the fact that they still did not get the double taps fixed completely. Sprint/LG should've dissected gingerkernel to see how drew did it.

Reactions: mobius1484

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I was Gtalking with drew about this update, and both of us were laughing at the fact that they still did not get the double taps fixed completely. Sprint/LG should've dissected gingerkernel to see how drew did it.

I know right? I'm honestly not sure there has been much improvement on that front. As I mentioned before I do feel the GPS is worlds better though. Maybe something to look at.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This has been tweaked for performance and remove boatware + a few goodies. The community one is simply stock rom that is ready to be added to, removed from, and tweaked (nothing really changed)

Thanks gotta install this after school then lol

Sent from futuristic optimus s

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Also need to upload systemui.apk. if I recall right, you can leave the settings alone. Back in the day we had to change it to amend scripting, but no need to worry about that now.

If your usind Xionia recovery and you get a error 0 (status 0) or something like that when you try to flash use amend scripting.

Reactions: Zhara

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Glitch: Phone reboots when Data Roam Guard screen pops up and I try to select an option.

This is with iScream kernel installed.

Last edited:

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Glitch: Phone reboots when Data Roam Guard screen pops up and I try to select an option.

good catch ,i didnt have this happen while i was testing gingerRom,it also hasnt happened while on hydroRom with vj radio neither

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

yeah i tried iscream at first and i wasnt able to oc gingerRom ,so i switched it to gingerKernel v08.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781