[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a version 1.1 available if anybody would like to test it. I have NOT flashed this, so if you choose to try it, a recovery backup is mandatory first.

Wiping caches is all that is needed, no need to wipe data.
This still has the stock kernel.

GingerRom v1.1 - http://db.tt/QG2NPCFp

- more bloat removed
- script tweaks for performance ( hopefully)

Last edited:

darktoy

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a version 1.1 available if anybody would like to test it. I have NOT flashed this, so if you choose to try it, a recovery backup is mandatory first.

Wiping caches is all that is needed, no need to wipe data.
This still has the stock kernel.

GingerRom v1.1 - http://db.tt/QG2NPCFp

- more bloat removed
- script tweaks for performance ( hopefully)

Will flash and report as soon as I get home after lunch. Been meaning to ask if the color of the phone icon on main screen can change to green like stock GB? Thanks again ... looking forward to learning more as free time is headed my way.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

1.1 is rock on my phone !!

Just remember to reinstall your kernal of choice everyone.

Edit: Found a great app that allows you to place toggles in the notification pull down. Not as polished as the power control bar in HydroRom, but very handy indeed!

Notification Toggle - Market

Last edited:

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

I'm going to wait for a signed version of 1.1 just to be sure.

Sure would like the ime mod keyboard from HydroROM though.......

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I know its a bit early, but can anyone tell any difference with 1.1 good or bad or nothing at all. Just curious. Maybe post an answer at the end of the day.

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I know its a bit early, but can anyone tell any difference with 1.1 good or bad or nothing at all. Just curious. Maybe post an answer at the end of the day.

havent seen problems yet...everything is working... even running iscream...but if something pops up ill let ya know

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Is there packaging work that needs to be done? I know it would need to be signed to flash from recovery and I think I have figured out.

Okay, using UOT kitchen. I got a status 0 failure when trying to flash the zip from xionia. Any ideas on what needs to be done, or a different theme generator to use that is more OPTI S friendly?

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Okay, using UOT kitchen. I got a status 0 failure when trying to flash the zip from xionia. Any ideas on what needs to be done, or a different theme generator to use that is more OPTI S friendly?

try toggling signature verification

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site

from what i can tell its the same or a bit speedier. im happy til someone gets an ics rom going :D

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok I might have been wrong then, rebuild it in UOT and at the end, choose amend scripting instead of edify. If that still wont work, ill post a blank flashable zip and you guys can just insert the UOT cooked framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk into it and flash away.

Reactions: hlxanthus

pilot03

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

So far so good with 1.1 and no issues to report yet. I'm liking the results.

Quick request. No chance of the black mms background like with Reborn?? Just a idea. Otherwise battery life is outstanding also. Thanks.

Last edited:

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I used google navigation today, and after exiting, the gps icon was still in notification bar. Went to settings > applications and force closed maps and it still remained. A reboot fixed it. I don't know if it was related to the 1.1 tweaks you did or not. Thought I would let you know.

Also, flashing 1.1, I did not initially flash gingerkernal. Apon booting up, max CPU was set at 120. Don't know if that was due to my settings in no frills or what, but just thought I would let you know.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I used google navigation today, and after exiting, the gps icon was still in notification bar. Went to settings > applications and force closed maps and it still remained. A reboot fixed it. I don't know if it was related to the 1.1 tweaks you did or not. Thought I would let you know.

Also, flashing 1.1, I did not initially flash gingerkernal. Apon booting up, max CPU was set at 120. Don't know if that was due to my settings in no frills or what, but just thought I would let you know.

Any chance you could try to duplicate the GPS icon issue again? That's kinda bizarre.

As far as the max cpu thing, I've seen that before too with no frills. I'm sure its just a miss read. If the max cpu was actually that low, the screen wouldn't even turn on. I like no frills for a basic cpu controller but it has it quirks for sure. If you see that again, clear data for no frills and I bet it reads correctly after that.

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Any chance you could try to duplicate the GPS icon issue again? That's kinda bizarre.

As far as the max cpu thing, I've seen that before too with no frills. I'm sure its just a miss read. If the max cpu was actually that low, the screen wouldn't even turn on. I like no frills for a basic cpu controller but it has it quirks for sure. If you see that again, clear data for no frills and I bet it reads correctly after that.

Just tried to duplicate and was unable. May have been a one off glitch

Reactions: jstntp

xXDj_iSakXx

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

excuse my noobiness, but when I rooted (zvj) my Lg Optimus S, It was stated that " Xionia CWMA custom recovery" was installed, now how do I get to recovery? :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae