[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Alright well im just going to wait to hear more feedback regarding data before I go digging around in the build. The reports are too inconsistent for me to think something is wrong with the ROM. Data is a funny thing to pinpoint where the problem actually is. Location and sprints network is the unknown factor as well. If everyone was having the same problem, then I would for sure say I broke something.

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 ***4/14/12***

noticed a weird glitch...maybe its me...normally when im in a phone call and pull the phone away from my ear my screen comes on...since i upgraded to 1.3 my screen doesnt come back on when in a phone call.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
How much can i overclock my cpu on my phone? Max and Min?

It completely depends phone to phone. For the min, don't go any lower than 245. For the max your just gonna have to step it up slowly and you will know when its too high. You will get a lot of random freezes and reboots. I can barely hit 806, but can run 745 without any issues at all. Some people can't OC at all, anything above 600 and their phone gets pissed.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
noticed a weird glitch...maybe its me...normally when im in a phone call and pull the phone away from my ear my screen comes on...since i upgraded to 1.3 my screen doesnt come back on when in a phone call.

What kernel are you using and what are your clockspeed settings? Min/max?

pilot03

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site

Went back to 1.2 and data is working fine again. I have no clue whether it is ROM or network issues. Just giving feedback. Perhaps it's just happening to a few people. Time well tell. Either way, I still think the work you are doing with this ROM is outstanding so far, despite this issue.

Reactions: jstntp

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Ok, try a dirty flash. Flash the rom and kernel together , no wipes.

ok.....when i put 1.3 on i did the rom after the wipe and then the krnl afterwards then rebooted....you want me to redo without the wipes?

pdxguy77

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, right now just go into recovery and reflash without wiping anything. Rom then kernel.

doing it now

update...got it working....course thats with my wife calling me...its late to have someone else call me now..ill update if it happens agains....thanks for the help :)

Last edited:

ttenpas

May 2, 2011
Visit site

My data is fine. I did a clean flash.

Haven't noticed any problems with my data either.

I just can't get used to the clock on the left side; looking forward to the mod to change that. Otherwise, I think you have a winner. Thanks for all the hard work.

biffsteele

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

"-removed wifi tether (get FoxFi from the market)" (changelog 1.3)

app not in market for me. found it via google, says it isn't compatible with lgels670.
( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en&token=rQzlc4zI )

has anyone tried this to see if it did work or have any idea if it will hurt to try it?
or an alternate app?

thanks in advance

Just pulled this up from your link, it said incompatible. Further down it gave link to install it for Sprint users. Using it now to post this.

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Did you remove overclocking capabilities with your normal clock update? I can no longer oc my phone after current update

biffsteele

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

app not in market for me. found it via google, says it isn't compatible with lgels670.
( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en&token=FYWbdnxO )

has anyone tried this to see if it did work or have any idea if it will hurt to try it?
or an alternate app?

thanks in advance

It works for me. Used your link, it said it was incompatible. Further down was a link to install from. I believe it was FoxFi Installer. Configured it and it worked.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en&token=4ZIyeb1k )

or an alternate app?

thanks in advance

It has been reported that it does in fact work well with our phone, not sure why it says that in the market.

Did you remove overclocking capabilities with your normal clock update? I can no longer oc my phone after current update

No, that mod has nothing to do with OC capabilities. Reflash your kernel.