[ROM][2.3.3][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.3 -4/14/12-

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
-GingerROM-

1334328090357.png

This is a basic rooted version based off the stock ZVJ Gingerbread update released by Sprint/LG.

[WARN]Warning:

I nor anyone from TeamHydro is responsible for anything that may go wrong with your phone while using this ROM or any mods that are posted in this OP.[/WARN]

I may or may not produce updates for this rom. My free time is quite limited at this time in my life, but I just wanted to get something out here for you all to play with while you wait for future ROMs to be produced. Please do not ask about updates or ETA's. I will post any them if I do them.

***Please do NOT use this as a base for future ROMs that are you planning on releasing publicly****

However, you can get a stock deodexed and rooted version to use as you wish right HERE.

Changelog:
Code:
v1.3
***Recommending a full wipe for this upgrade as well as installing HydroKernel for best performance***

**I saw good performance improvement after a full wipe versus a dirty flash**

-more script tweaks
-removed privacy menu from settings to avoid accidental bricks
-100% battery mod and clock position to the left  (I will provide mods for center and normal clock mods in post #2 later)
-removed wifi tether (get FoxFi from [URL="http://foxfi.com/bin"][B]HERE[/B][/URL])
-themed Launcher phone icon to match green
-CRT screen off animation added
-updated Gapps

[S]v1.2 - beta testing
v1.1 - beta testing[/S]

v1.0

-rooted
-deodexed
-zipaligned
-stock kernel with init.d script support 
-dalvik-cache moved from /data to /cache for around 150+mb internal storage on fresh install
-removed Sprint ID and SprintZone
-removed boot up sound
-includes stock Launcher without SprintID in the dock or menu
-extra included apps:
   -Wifi Tether (I can't test this, phone not in service)
   -ES File Explorer
   -NoFrills CPU (must flash a custom kernel if you wish to OC)
   -Terminal Emulator
-various other speed and performance tweaks
-If I think of anything else I will add it here

Requirements:

-You must have baseband ZVJ
-Note: Users have reported that everything works with baseband ZVH as well. You can try this at your own risk.
-Your must be rooted -- see here for rooting instructions
-You must have a custom recovery installed

Instructions:

1 - Download GingerROM and place on your sdcard
2 - Download this to your sdcard as well, thanks hlxanthus - powermod.signed.zip post - And hit the THANKS and LIKE button there too!!
3 - Reboot to recovery and wipe data, cache and dalvik-cache (You can try only wiping caches but if you have problems, a full wipe will be needed)
5 - Flash ROM then powermod.zip
6 - Flash kernel of your choice (optional, but you must do this if you wish to OC)
- Reboot and ENJOY!

[NOTE]
Wanna help me out? Get a free Dropbox account HERE and you and I will get extra free space!
Can't think of a reason to use Dropbox?
Here's one,
Photos taken with your phone can automatically be uploaded to your Dropbox folder for instant access from your PC!!​
[/NOTE]

Credits:
-androidcentral.com (staff and users)
-Sprint/LG
-Google
-TeamHydro
-Advisor sfhub - for all the awesome guides written - I'm not sure we would have this update rooted this early if not for sfhub.
-drewwalton19216801 - for GingerKernel and iScream Kernel
-eps1lon3 for providing the community with the official ZVJ update.zip - click his name and Thank/Like his post please!!

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

Hotspot aka Wireless Tethering
So, Sprint managed to get FoxFi removed from the market because guess what........... it works!! Even on most non-rooted phones believe it or not (That's definitely what got it the boot) Luckily, the talented FoxFi folks have provided us with an external download link from inside their Market description. After you download the app, open it up and turn on the hotspot feature. It's that simple! Be aware that by default, it creates an open non-secure network. Simply enter a password in the "Password (WPA2)" field and your good to go. Market Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi Direct link to Download - FoxFi Installer

Extras (flash from recovery)
ZVJ-clock-normal-mod-v1.3.zip - Flash this to move the clock back to the right side of the status bar. mod_no-buttons-wake-GB.zip - Only power button wakes the phone mod_stock-GB-button-layout.zip - All four front buttons and power button wake the phone.

Last edited:

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You know what...... if someone wants to try flashing this ROM while running baseband ZVH, it might work. Try at your own risk, but in reality all that might happen is you have no cell service/data.

Please perform a full wipe if trying this.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
You know what...... if someone wants to try flashing this ROM while running baseband ZVH, it might work. Try at your own risk, but in reality all that might happen is you have no cell service/data.

Everything should work, the only exceptions might be SMS and MMS. Bet that's a simple fix.

Reactions: jstntp

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ZVJ] GingerRom v1.0 4/8/12

I read somewhere in one of these threads that someone flashed the stock ZVJ update.zip from a custom recovery while on ZVH and still had cell/data, so it may work (but obviously won't have ZVJ radio).

Awesome job on the quick de-Sprinted stock ROM. I moved on to a Nexus S 4G, but I'm pretty sure my wife is getting sick of her flip phone and will be using my Optimus S soon, so I've been keeping this phone up-to-date.

Reactions: jstntp

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site

dirty flash is a nogo. got a zillion force closes and no service.
trying a clean flash now..

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I dirty flashed and mine is fine (for now anyway). *crosses fingers*

Also the wireless tether included in the rom isn't working for me. Foxfi still does though.

Reactions: TheTolsonator

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site

clean flash is good from your mom rom.

157mb of storage. nice. i run a lot of stuff so ill load everything back on and test tonight.

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site

So everything works with ZVH baseband? Anything busted?

idk if this matters but when i first rooted vj,i flashed hydroRom and everything worked fine,it only changed my baseband back to vh,which i figured was due to the build props being vh branded,other than that it worked great,hope this info helped:D:D

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

Flashing this right now. Thanks for being quick with the modded stocker! I'm going to stay on stock kernel to see how GPS and other stuff works. Might see if the darkmms flashable works on this. I hate the white mms.

rod_munch

May 9, 2011
Visit site

things i 100% know work since i've flashed. sms both ways. mms receive(haven't tried to send one). data, wifi, 3.5mm audio(haven't tried a mic), stereo bluetooth(i only listened to pandora).camera and camcorder.

on top of this it seems fairly snappy and i haven't killed my battery. it's looking like angry birds space want's to tell me to f@c# off still.

So far so good....

mcasas

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The crt power down mod also works.but for some reason I cant get slacker to play music even before I flashed the rom

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Jist flashed this from stock zvj with only cache and dalvik wiped. No problems so far. I rebooted before flashing gingerkernal.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

swg0101

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Is the power controls mod going to be added for this?
I would say that using the ZVH framework apks or mods might be a problem, since there were CarrierIQ changes in this ROM... ummm..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge