[Beta] ZVJ rooting automation - please help test

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I am borked in a bootloop now. HydroROM will not load up.

If you're in the bootloop after running the first update.zip it has happened.
Pull the battery, go into recovery (Home+VolDown+Power) and factory reset.

If you are not at that step
please ignore this message and do not factory reset just yet. Instead, please provide more details as to what you did in order to get to bootloop so that we can troubleshoot. Don't want you to brick your phone so we'll err on the side of caution.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am borked in a bootloop now. HydroROM will not load up.
Could you provide more details before moving forward?

What step were you at when you had the signature verfication failure?

When you say bootloop, could you provide more details. Are you talking about being stuck at Android logo or the phone rebooting into recovery over and over?

mike9670

DROID Master
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have stock recovery. Wiped data. Still boot loops. Think that if I knew how to push a zvj update.zip file I could flash that and escape? I will pull my SD card and load it in my PC and put update.zip on it in 40 minutes after dinner

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have stock recovery. Wiped data. Still boot loops. Think that if I knew how to push a zvj update.zip file I could flash that and escape? I will pull my SD card and load it in my PC and put update.zip on it in 40 minutes after dinner
You won't be able to push the zvj update.zip with stock recovery.

However you can do as you suggested and copy to the /sdcard outside of the phone.

Then boot into recovery and apply update.zip.

I would actually suggest you push the ZVD update.zip from this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...67361-how-simplified-unroot-return-stock.html

and start from the beginning. Otherwise you'll be left with ZVJ and I'm not sure which recovery.

If you have stock recovery and there was a signature verification failure then the only other explanation I can think of is some corruption with the update.zip, which is unlikely but possible.

jstntp

/\C...D3\/
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
sfhub, great job once again!! I have not had a chance to test this, but given the work your known for producing, I'm sure it's awesome!

Reactions: sfhub

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
sfhub, great job once again!! I have not had a chance to test this, but given the work your known for producing, I'm sure it's awesome!
It gets there with the help of great folks on ac making suggestions, testing and providing feedback. :)

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
So with the fact that this also does zvd/zvh is this in theory going to simply replace the existing automated root tool from you? I still haven't had a chance to really play with it, but it does look very nice! Good work on this.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work but it installed xionia

Sent from futuristic optimus s
Off the top of my head, I am not sure how it would not work but install xionia as it would have had to have been root to install xionia, in which case it would have installed the root files too.

How are you determining it didn't work?

If I can understand where it is going wrong, I can try and fix it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde