[Beta] ZVJ rooting automation - please help test

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
So with the fact that this also does zvd/zvh is this in theory going to simply replace the existing automated root tool from you? I still haven't had a chance to really play with it, but it does look very nice! Good work on this.

Yes, my goal is to just replace the ZVD/ZVH tool with this. I think it is easier to have one tool, since ZVJ requires you to be rooted on ZVD/ZVH first.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
yes it didnt ask su permiision and all the chmod permissions were denied
Were you rooted on ZVD or ZVH *prior* to running Option B?

Could you enable the scroll buffer on the main page using Option H, then cut/pasting the log.

I'd like to figure out what wnet on.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok beta3 has been uploaded. Only minor text "instruction" changes from previous beta2.

This has been tested 5 times from rooted ZVD to rooted ZVJ and 5 times from rooted ZVH to rooted ZVJ.

It worked everytime with the only caveat being sometimes "adb reboot recovery" boots into android instead of recovery, but if you just repeat that step (as mentioned in the instructions) the 2nd time it always reboots into Recovery (sometimes it goes there the first time too).

I have not tested upgrading from various random ROMs that people might be using. These were all from stock rooted to stock rooted.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Off the top of my head, I am not sure how it would not work but install xionia as it would have had to have been root to install xionia, in which case it would have installed the root files too.

How are you determining it didn't work?

If I can understand where it is going wrong, I can try and fix it.

It didn't install su or any other things I checked using basic root checker and it said I wasn't rooted so I used an old thread of yours to root zvh it rooted the zvj then I used this to install xionia:D:D:D:D thanks

Sent from futuristic optimus s

kofasetic

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Man I don't know what's going on

I was on ZVH and ran the first automation beta and ran B. All was good and I am now on ZVJ but not rooted. I ran it again and after sub B of B (hope i'm not confusing), I was take to recovery. I applied update but got
E:Can't find command file CACHE:recovery command. Installation aborted, no valid image in CACHE.

Do I have to revert back to ZVD/ZVH and try again? I kept on getting the su permission denied crap

And this:

Getting ready to

INSTALL persistent root (sans exploit)

Press any key to continue . . .

----

Proceeding with install

---- BEGIN LOG ----

...Proceeding to copy necessary files...

push: copy2sd/000root/Superuser.apk -> /sdcard/000root/Superuser.apk
push: copy2sd/000root/su -> /sdcard/000root/su
push: copy2sd/000root/misc.img -> /sdcard/000root/misc.img
push: copy2sd/000root/install-unroot.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-unroot.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-root.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-root.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-xionia.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-reco
very-xionia.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-xionia-misc.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install
-recovery-xionia-misc.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-vj.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-recovery
-vj.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-vd.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-recovery
-vd.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-common.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-reco
very-common.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-cleanup.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-cleanup.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-cleanup-dalvik.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-clean
up-dalvik.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/func.inc.sh -> /sdcard/000root/func.inc.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/flash_image -> /sdcard/000root/flash_image
push: copy2sd/000root/busybox -> /sdcard/000root/busybox
15 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
2280 KB/s (2481494 bytes in 1.062s)
push: copy2sd-img/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img -> /sdcard/000root/xionia_cwma
_12518.6.img
push: copy2sd-img/000root/recovery_vj.img -> /sdcard/000root/recovery_vj.img
push: copy2sd-img/000root/recovery_vd.img -> /sdcard/000root/recovery_vd.img
3 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
2540 KB/s (17641472 bytes in 6.781s)

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

---- END LOG ----

----

Getting ready to reboot...

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

I was on ZVH and ran the first automation beta and ran B. All was good and I am now on ZVJ but not rooted. I ran it again and after sub B of B (hope i'm not confusing), I was take to recovery. I applied update but got
E:Can't find command file CACHE:recovery command. Installation aborted, no valid image in CACHE.

Same message, different stage:

Ran this from ZVH, Stock, Rooted (confirmed by root check; got SU request during initial stages of using your software, too). Upon my initial run through, I got this:

...-vd.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-common.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-reco
very-common.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-cleanup-dalvik.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-clean
up-dalvik.sh
2125 KB/s (2481494 bytes in 1.140s)
push: copy2sd-img/000root/recovery_vj.img /sdcard/000root/recovery_vj.img
2980 KB/s (5341184 bytes in 1.750s)

----

Installing Recovery - Stock VJ... Done
Waiting for filesystem to sync... Done
Cleaning up Dalvik Cache... Done

---- END LOG ----

Check for any errors. Assuming there are none, recovery flash was SUCCESSFUL.

To boot into recovery:

[Power] OFF phone

Press AND Hold [Power] [VolDwn] [Home] UNTIL you see the Recovery Menu

----

Getting ready to exit...

----

Copying files for next stage (may take a few minutes)...

push: copy2sd-zvj/update.zip -> /sdcard/update.zip
1 file pushed. 0 files skipped.
4462 KB/s (97894782 bytes in 21.425s)

Rebooting

If it takes LONGER than 60 seconds to initiate reboot
manually reboot using

POWER button to power OFF, then POWER+VolDwn+HOME

Rebooting to Recovery... Done

----

Activity complete - review status logs above if needed

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

Do I have to revert back to ZVD/ZVH and try again? I kept on getting the su permission denied crap

And this:

Getting ready to

INSTALL persistent root (sans exploit)

----

Proceeding with install

---- BEGIN LOG ----

...Proceeding to copy necessary files...

push: copy2sd/000root/Superuser.apk -> /sdcard/000root/Superuser.apk
push: copy2sd/000root/su -> /sdcard/000root/su
push: copy2sd/000root/misc.img -> /sdcard/000root/misc.img
push: copy2sd/000root/install-unroot.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-unroot.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-root.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-root.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-xionia.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-reco
very-xionia.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-xionia-misc.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install
-recovery-xionia-misc.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-vj.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-recovery
-vj.sh
push: copy2sd/000root/install-recovery-vd.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-recovery
-vd.sh
very-common.sh
up-dalvik.sh
2280 KB/s (2481494 bytes in 1.062s)
push: copy2sd-img/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img -> /sdcard/000root/xionia_cwma
_12518.6.img
push: copy2sd-img/000root/recovery_vj.img -> /sdcard/000root/recovery_vj.img
push: copy2sd-img/000root/recovery_vd.img -> /sdcard/000root/recovery_vd.img
3 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
2540 KB/s (17641472 bytes in 6.781s)

---- END LOG ----

----

Getting ready to reboot...

You might have had issues before also (would need to see the logs for that) but the log you posted is erroring out because you didn't perform step B1 (apply sdcard:update.zip) PRIOR to running step C.

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Trying to install update.zip now and getting (on phone):

-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

Do I need to send the update.zip over again even though it said it copied?

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You might have had issues before also (would need to see the logs for that) but the log you posted is erroring out because you didn't perform step B1 (apply sdcard:update.zip) PRIOR to running step C.

Prior to? Was I supposed to copy update.zip over manually? Otherwise, there would be nothing there to update (or so I thought).

Update:
Alright. So what are my steps now? I'm sitting in "Android system recovery <3e>" waiting for next step.

Thanks for the help.

Update2:
..wait, I never hit step C. I thought I was still in the installing custom recovery section, which I obviously have now. I thought I was on step B.A.2.

Update3:
Alright. I'm still on ZVH w/ Root access and stock recovery (unsure which one, assuming ZVJ). I guess I'll start over.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Same message, different stage:

Ran this from ZVH, Stock, Rooted (confirmed by root check; got SU request during initial stages of using your software, too). Upon my initial run through, I got this:

I'm curious did you use the bolded steps to boot into recovery? They are actually left over informational statements from code reuse and weren't supposed to be run. All the reboots should be handled automatically by the script.

If you did reboot by hand (not your fault) that would explain the exec /system/bin/sh error later on. I'm going to suppress that informational message in the next release so it isn't confusing.

Anyway the script that error message was for was just a cleanup script that isn't important to the process, so you should be able to continue.

---- END LOG ----

Check for any errors. Assuming there are none, recovery flash was SUCCESSFUL.

To boot into recovery:

[Power] OFF phone

Press AND Hold [Power] [VolDwn] [Home] UNTIL you see the Recovery Menu

----

Getting ready to exit...

----

Copying files for next stage (may take a few minutes)...

push: copy2sd-zvj/update.zip -> /sdcard/update.zip
1 file pushed. 0 files skipped.
4462 KB/s (97894782 bytes in 21.425s)

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Prior to? Was I supposed to copy update.zip over manually? Otherwise, there would be nothing there to update (or so I thought).

Update:
Alright. So what are my steps now? I'm sitting in "Android system recovery <3e>" waiting for next step.

Thanks for the help.

Update2:
..wait, I never hit step C. I thought I was still in the installing custom recovery section, which I obviously have now. I thought I was on step B.A.2.
EDIT: I think you got confused. The reply you quoted was for kofasetic's log, not yours.

The log you posted is from Step C of Option B.

The title is "INSTALL persistent root (sans exploit)" so I know it is step C of Option B.

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
If you did reboot by hand (not your fault) that would explain the exec /system/bin/sh error later on. I'm going to suppress that informational message in the next release so it isn't confusing.

I believe rebooted, then hit a key to continue.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This error might be due to some prior LG update remnants being communicated to Recovery. I will change something to see of I can clear those out. They don't exist on fresh installs of ZVD or ZVH so might have been triggered from some past OTA notification.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe rebooted, then hit a key to continue.
Basically I looked at your logs you have ZVJ recovery installed which is the important piece.

You should be doing A1, A2, A3, A4 (to be performed on Phone)

A1 (factory reset) is optional
A2 is installing the ZVJ update.zip
A3 is just rebooting the phone (and writing the radio)
A4 is necessary because installing ZVJ disable USB debugging

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I was on zvd . well i tried to recreate i reinstalled the zvj recovery and now im getting the LG symbol flashing on and off and thats it ,cant do anything with the phone and i think its pretty much bricked

Were you rooted on ZVD or ZVH *prior* to running Option B?

Could you enable the scroll buffer on the main page using Option H, then cut/pasting the log.

I'd like to figure out what wnet on.

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
No idea, but I just did this again and, without the manual reboot on my own end, everything seems to be going smoothly now. I just got the update, radio updated, and have successfully booted as in step B.A.3. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit:
Updated & rooted!

Thanks for the great work!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2