[Beta] ZVJ rooting automation - please help test

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Trying to install update.zip now and getting (on phone):

Do I need to send the update.zip over again even though it said it copied?

You might need to perform step A again an install ZVJ recovery. It will copy the ZVJ update.zip over automatically.

Don't reboot by hand even with the deceptive messages.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was on zvd . well i tried to recreate i reinstalled the zvj recovery and now im getting the LG symbol flashing on and off and thats it ,cant do anything with the phone and i think its pretty much bricked
Can you manually boot into recovery?

Power Off

Power+VolDwn+Home

Just to give you an idea the different levels of phone boot issues:
1) if it loops on Android logo that usually means your /data has issues and wipe/factory reset from recovery will fix
2) if it loops on LG logo, it usually means something is wrong with the /system partition and you can run Full ZVD update.zip from recovery to fix.

If you can't boot into recovery, then that could be an issue, where KP500 or KDZ would need to get involved.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No idea, but I just did this again and, without the manual reboot on my own end, everything seems to be going smoothly now. I just got the update, radio updated, and have successfully booted as in step B.A.3. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit:
Updated & rooted!

Thanks for the great work!
Great, I'm happy it worked for you. I'm going to suppress that informational message that was confusing.

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You might need to perform step A again an install ZVJ recovery. It will copy the ZVJ update.zip over automatically.

Don't reboot by hand even with the deceptive messages.

I updated the other posts, but you might not be heading back to read those.

I went through all steps again and refrained from doing anything by hand while the scripts was running. I'm updated & rooted!

Thanks so much for the ZVJ-Love.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
no it does nothing but keeps looping. i tried KP500 and it keeps saying to plug in the usb cable
i think its done...lol

Can you manually boot into recovery?

Power Off

Power+VolDwn+Home

Just to give you an idea the different levels of phone boot issues:
1) if it loops on Android logo that usually means your /data has issues and wipe/factory reset from recovery will fix
2) if it loops on LG logo, it usually means something is wrong with the /system partition and you can run Full ZVD update.zip from recovery to fix.

If you can't boot into recovery, then that could be an issue, where KP500 or KDZ would need to get involved.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i have one more optimus but i dont think im gonna test with it....lol i'll wait a couple days until you get more things ironed out

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
no it does nothing but keeps looping. i tried KP500 and it keeps saying to plug in the usb cable
i think its done...lol
Are you able to get the phone into Emergency Mode?

Turn phone off, disconnect USB cable

Press and Hold
VolDown+Camera+Search(4th button), then plug in USB cable and also Hold Power

If you find this is incredibly hard to do w/o help then you are doing it right. It require minimum 4 fingers and probably a free hand.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
yes im in emergency mode now

Are you able to get the phone into Emergency Mode?

Turn phone off, disconnect USB cable

Press and Hold
VolDown+Camera+Search(4th button), then plug in USB cable and also Hold Power

If you find this is incredibly hard to do w/o help then you are doing it right. It require minimum 4 fingers and probably a free hand.

my.ads0

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
do i have to follow the #ed direction manually? just to be sure

That's correct. After entering a letter, the script is automated. Just hit keys anytime it tells you. As I found out, there's no need to do anything while the automation is running except telling it to continue by pressing keys. When you get returned to the menu, you follow the numbered instructions.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
you da man!!! its updating now, i'll be on V9 but thats ok i can go from there, i only use this phone to mess around

I got to thank you so much !! i got to learn something i didnt know...

Then there is a pretty good chance you are not permanently bricked.

Follow the directions in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...s/59781-un-brick-method-some-forms-brick.html

Read it 2 or 3 times before doing anything until you fully understand everything it is asking you to do.

Do not skimp on reading for this thread.

TheTolsonator

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Any chances of writing up a how to with commands, like you did for ZVH? I attempted many times, got confused a couple of those times, ended up with a stock zvj, rooted, no signal at all. Reflashed update.zip and ended up in a weird boot loop. Now I'm back on ZVH HydroB2.

ZVH -> ZVD -> ZVJ borked -> ZVD (again) ->ZVJ (no signal) -> ZVD -> ZVH

xcraveddreamsx

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Was in the middle of rooting zvj and comp crashed...:banghead::(
Luckley I could flash to zvd from phone but now stock zvd and no root

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
crap!! it didnt take,im back to the loop again
Is it the same exact loop or a slightly different loop. I ask because it is possible that some things you tried earlier might need to be retried, like booting into recovery and doing wipe/factory reset.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Any chances of writing up a how to with commands, like you did for ZVH? I attempted many times, got confused a couple of those times, ended up with a stock zvj, rooted, no signal at all. Reflashed update.zip and ended up in a weird boot loop. Now I'm back on ZVH HydroB2.

ZVH -> ZVD -> ZVJ borked -> ZVD (again) ->ZVJ (no signal) -> ZVD -> ZVH
I'll write it all up also for manual installs.

papadog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If i understanding right all i do is press option b if im rooted and have vd rom (clean Rom) and ill will have zvj after all done.