1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Default Optimus S stuck a "android" startup screen. How do I fix it?

I had CM7 on my Optimus S, and I was trying to downgrade the radio as per this thread (Official Sprint ZVD / Froyo downgrade now available), and after I did Step A (applied the update.zip) I could no longer get the phone to boot up.

I see the Sprint splash screen, but then the phone seems to stay at the "Android" screen for a long, long time, and never goes anywhere. I've tried multiple battery pulls.

I am able to get to the stock recovery, but I don't know what to do there.

I backed up my data, so I'm not worried about that. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to get a functioning phone again. Any suggestions?

ROM
    Kravens CM9

Did You Apply Update.zip In Custom Recovery Or Stock?
    #sarcasm

ROM
    kraven CM9 / LeWa Alpha 3

Default Re: Optimus S stuck a "android" startup screen. How do I fix it?

if you had CM7 on your phone, you were already on ZVD. I am curious as to what you were trying to accomplish?

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Verify the zvd update.zip is on the root of the SD card (not in any folder) and is named update.zip

Boot to xionia/ stock recovery, perform a wipe data/ factory reset. Really apply zvd update.zip and reboot

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I should have thought of wiping the data/cache afterwards! Wiping it from stock recovery fixed it.

I applied the update.zip from the custom recovery initially. My goal was to fix a problem my mom was having with this Optimus S. She would intermittently miss phone calls (the phone wouldn't even ring), and I didn't know if it could be a CM7 or a baseband problem.

I thought it may possibly have something to do with baseband because it showed "Unknown" under the baseband version on the phone.

ROM
    Stock! (For now...)

I had the same problem with my wife's phone yesterday... pulled the battery, put it into recovery and then did a factory reset. She was previously on HydroRom.

ROM
    Stock ZVJ - Rooted

I had the same issue with bootloop on "ANDROID" as well as my uncle. it took a factory reset to fix this.