[HELP] SuperUser Doesn't Update Su Binary

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay.. So I rooted ZVJ with the thread to root ZVJ/ZVH with a previous version already rooted.. Downloaded the zip, rooted ZVJ, and updated Superuser to current version..

It won't update the su binary on ZVJ with ZVJ being connected to Wi-Fi.. It just says downloading metadata or metafile or whatever it is on the FIRST step and fails and asks me to check the Internet connection.... The connection is fine.

So.. I can't update the su binary.. Anyone else see this???

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay.. So I rooted ZVJ with the thread to root ZVJ/ZVH with a previous version already rooted.. Downloaded the zip, rooted ZVJ, and updated Superuser to current version..

It won't update the su binary on ZVJ with ZVJ being connected to Wi-Fi.. It just says downloading metadata or metafile or whatever it is on the FIRST step and fails and asks me to check the Internet connection.... The connection is fine.

So.. I can't update the su binary.. Anyone else see this???

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Reset your router

Sent from futuristic optimus s

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site
my su pro is backed up on astro so all i did was use it to install super user,then i updated when the binary hash came up ,also try to push it from the market to phone

ikeywatson

May 1, 2011
Visit site
wow mine updated try su update fixer
p.s.did you install busybox,i have busy box pro installed,it might help

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I had this on both phones if trying to update from SU binary.
I found downloading again from the Play Store and then triggering by something - say, Titanium Backup - will trigger the update window to get the binary to current version.

Hope this helps!

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly what mine says.. yes.. thanks Johnny..

Browser works just fine..

Pardon me when I say this.. this might be the most stupidest thing ever to post on Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks forums, but I think it might have something to do with the ZVJ Radio or maybe the SU Binary itself(?)... because it never did this on ZVH and ZVD...

I tried Uninstalling and Reinstalling from Google Play, even tried updating the Binary using the GingerROM for ZVJ. Zilch. Nothing. Notta. There was nothing there and it failed to download manifest files. I do not know why SuperUser is doing this.. I know that with a working data connection, it should be able to download. I wiped System, Boot, and Cache and flashed GingerROM and it didn't help not one bit with the SU Binary not updating.. I installed another Root Permissions App from the Google Play Market and it updated the SU Binary just fine. When I installed that other SU Binary from the other application, SuperUser itself realized that another SU Binary was installed but failed to acknowledge that it needed to update the SuperUser's SU Binary...

I guess what I am saying is..

I can't get a clue as to why SuperUser is not installing/updating the SU Binary..

Trying SuperUser Update Fixer by ChainsDD Now..

Thanks guys.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure chainsdd's source manifest isn't having troubles?

I went to his superuser web page earlier and it had funky web formatting, like the style sheets were missing. Now it is fine but maybe the manifest file is having issues still?

PatrickAkridge

"The Button Pusher"
Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure chainsdd's source manifest isn't having troubles?

I went to his superuser web page earlier and it had funky web formatting, like the style sheets were missing. Now it is fine but maybe the manifest file is having issues still?

The manifest files may be having troubles.. I wouldn't know why..

Eh.. things happen..

boodis

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I had superuser and su binary at samsung i509 cdma

superuser application :
multiple su apps installed
this is not recommended, chose one
what should i done
regards
boodis

Trending Posts