11-22-2013 11:25 PM
141 ... 23456
tools
    I don't believe thunderrom would have flashed the ZVJ modem even if your ROM says ZVJ for modem
    05-11-2012 08:19 PM
    however I ended up running over my Opitmus S last night so new one on the way. *Facepalm* EPIC FAIL!!
    I did not add that feature to the install script, you might have a hacked version.
    05-11-2012 08:21 PM
    You're welcome. I hope that you didn't run over it in frustration and that no one was talking on it at the time...
    No frustration. I just dropped my phone out of my bag when I was strapping my son into his car seat and my wife just......well, it's a grease spot on the street now.
    05-11-2012 09:20 PM
    THANKS for the great write up.....worked like a charm. Easy as 123
    05-19-2012 07:41 PM
    Is there any way to use this on a Mac (which don't run .bat files)?

I have ZVH root and I'm trying to get ZVJ root to use HydroRom.
    05-19-2012 10:55 PM
    Okay everything worked but I have no data....... Any ideas.... Also a 1 bar signal that used to be three to four bars.......

Viper
    05-24-2012 02:26 PM
    I did Step A with no problems.
    When I try to do Step B, and I get "error: more than one device and emulator".

I am running WinXP.

Here is the full log:
    Select option to continue (A-E): b

----

Please make sure you RE-ENABLE USB Debugging

Menu-Settings-Applications-Development-USB debugging

Waiting for device to be connected [press CTRL-C to cancel]... error: protocol fault (status read)
    Found device

----

Copying files for next stage (may take a few minutes)...

error: more than one device and emulator

Rebooting

If it takes LONGER than 60 seconds to initiate reboot
    manually reboot using

POWER button to power OFF, then POWER+VolDwn+HOME

If your phone boots into Android instead of Recovery
    please REPEAT the most recent step

Rebooting to Recovery... error: more than one device and emulator
    Done

----

Activity complete - review status logs above if needed

Press any key to continue . . .
    06-03-2012 01:06 AM
    Just a quick question, are there any new roms as of 6/3/2012? Im new to flashing roms and i would like to see what ingenuity our android devs have. Ive seen some amazing stuff. Surprise me?
    06-03-2012 11:38 AM
    It all depends on what baseband you have. If on zvj there is hydrorom, Dante rom, and I think its called ginger rom, if on zvd you could try thekravens cm9 or cm7 it just depends on your taste in rom flavors

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-03-2012 05:10 PM
    I figured out my "error: more than one device and emulator" problem.
    To fix it, I uninstalled the LG Mobile driver from my PC, ran Ccleaner on my registry, and reinstalled the driver. Before I had just updated the driver without uninstalling it first.
    chevymanmike likes this.
    06-03-2012 05:39 PM
    looks like a good write up, can wait to do, have to downgrade first to root, phones already are on ZVJ
    06-17-2012 01:51 PM
    Three days of suffering over! Thanks! This was the only method i could get to work after accidentally updating my phone and loosing root. Worked perfect on my optimus s.
    06-22-2012 10:23 PM
    I seem to be on ZVJ now but I cannot get the SU part to work. I just keep getting the errors below.

How can I fix this?

push: copy2sd/000root/install-misc-common.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-misc-com
    mon.sh
    push: copy2sd/000root/install-cleanup.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-cleanup.sh
    push: copy2sd/000root/install-cleanup-cache.sh -> /sdcard/000root/install-cleanu
    p-cache.sh
    push: copy2sd/000root/func.inc.sh -> /sdcard/000root/func.inc.sh
    push: copy2sd/000root/flash_image -> /sdcard/000root/flash_image
    push: copy2sd/000root/busybox -> /sdcard/000root/busybox
    16 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
    4200 KB/s (2482507 bytes in 0.577s)
    push: copy2sd-img/000root/xionia_cwma_12518.6.img -> /sdcard/000root/xionia_cwma
    _12518.6.img
    push: copy2sd-img/000root/recovery_vj.img -> /sdcard/000root/recovery_vj.img
    push: copy2sd-img/000root/recovery_vd.img -> /sdcard/000root/recovery_vd.img
    3 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
    5136 KB/s (17641472 bytes in 3.354s)

Installing persistent root... mount: Operation not permitted
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/flash_image: permission denied
    Unable to chmod /system/bin/flash_image: No such file or directory
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/app/Superuser.apk: permission denied
    Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/app/Superuser.apk: No such file or directory
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/su: permission denied
    Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
    install-root.sh: cannot create /system/bin/busybox: permission denied
    Unable to chmod /system/bin/busybox: No such file or directory
    Unable to chmod /system/bin/busybox: No such file or directory
    Done
    Waiting for filesystem to sync... Done

Installing Recovery - Xionia CWMA... mount: Operation not permitted
    ./install-recovery-common.sh: cannot create /system/bin/flash_image: permission
    denied
    mount: Operation not permitted
    flash_image: permission denied
    Done

Installing Misc - Clean... mount: Operation not permitted
    ./install-misc-common.sh: cannot create /system/bin/flash_image: permission deni
    ed
    mount: Operation not permitted
    flash_image: permission denied
    Done

---- END LOG ----

----

Getting ready to reboot...

Press any key to continue . . .
    06-24-2012 12:32 PM
    I just repeated step B for the 11th time because it reboots straight to android. I exited activation to reenable debugging the first time, even though it still activated because VM came through while it was pushing. Is this a normal amount of reboots? It's pretty quick to push (just pushed 20672490 bytes in 27.921 seconds) and then reboots without lag. Can I try to get into recovery manually? I don't wanna so anything iffy. This is for my parents phones, I have an EVO and these optimises have given me so much extra work comparatively so I can really empathize with all your assumingly tedious dev work so thanks for that btw. They just need a couple things for work plus bad reception where they are and some root tweaks is what I do to help. Otherwise I wouldn't care and don't wanna brick it and buy a new phone for them. Thanks again and happy 4th if July.
    07-02-2012 03:35 PM
    I just repeated step B for the 11th time because it reboots straight to android. I exited activation to reenable debugging the first time, even though it still activated because VM came through while it was pushing. Is this a normal amount of reboots? It's pretty quick to push (just pushed 20672490 bytes in 27.921 seconds) and then reboots without lag. Can I try to get into recovery manually? I don't wanna so anything iffy. This is for my parents phones, I have an EVO and these optimises have given me so much extra work comparatively so I can really empathize with all your assumingly tedious dev work so thanks for that btw. They just need a couple things for work plus bad reception where they are and some root tweaks is what I do to help. Otherwise I wouldn't care and don't wanna brick it and buy a new phone for them. Thanks again and happy 4th if July.
    Did you roll back to zvd or zvh first?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-2012 04:05 PM
    Did you roll back to zvd or zvh first? The most current base and version is not directly root able. You need to start from a previous version first, root that then proceed with this tool

07-02-2012 04:07 PM
    took me 4 tries..... but i got it and now i love you
    07-10-2012 06:08 AM
    error on final step. cant fing command file "CACHE:recovery/command"
    "Installation aborted. no valid image in CACHE"
    please help.
    i get to the last step and a bunch of errors pop up. i tried everything i could think of along the lines of your guide. my phone was wiped clean.
    07-10-2012 01:55 PM
    took me 4 tries..... but i got it and now i love you
    omg please help me do it!! with your soon to be found awesome video making skills
    07-10-2012 03:22 PM
    also for some odd reason. clearing everything deleted none of my pictures...I dont know if thats good or bad
    07-10-2012 03:23 PM
    I'm in an extreme need of help. im not bricked but this isnt working at all. ill just be using go products untill something works
    07-10-2012 03:44 PM
    I went from zvd to vzj using this and after it upgraded to zvj, every time i would turn on my wifi it would say error. i have run this twice and they both did this. My 3g and data work fine though. Any ideas?

EDIT: sorry it wasn't this. It was my zvj itself... weird
    07-15-2012 04:24 AM
    i keep getting error messages protocol failure device not found or more then one device and emulator tried reinstalling the driver
    07-18-2012 01:39 PM
    now the only one im getting is more then one device or emulator, someone please help
    07-18-2012 02:22 PM
    I used this tool last night on an optimus s that had zd, I chose option b and everything went fine. today I tried it on another optimus s that had vd and I accidentally chose opotion a, I got a lot of errors but at the bottom it said it went ok. The phone rebooted and just sticks at the lg screen, I pulled the battery and tried to go to recovery but its just a black screen. please help.

edit... got it
    07-22-2012 01:20 PM
141 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD