Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

ROM
    Quattrimus

Default Re: [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ

Okay, so I have an Optimus V, and I put Optimus S zvd firmware on it and rooted it. After putting zvj on it using the optiauto tool, trying to root it I get this:
    Code:
    Installing persistent root... write: No space left on device
    write: No space left on device
    Done
    Waiting for filesystem to sync... Done

Installing Recovery - Xionia CWMA... write: No space left on device
    Done

Installing Misc - Clean... write: No space left on device
    Done

---- END LOG ----
    I followed the directions precisely. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Anybody have an answer?

If I factory reset/wiped data and wiped cache right before the install su step, would that work?
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!

ROM
    Quattrimus

Bump
    anyone?

For some reason my phone is unrooting its self
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

did you update your phone?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

What is the difference between the ZVJ ZHV ZVD?
    Racer of Elevators

ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Quote Originally Posted by thelogitech510 View Post
    What is the difference between the ZVJ ZHV ZVD?
    About tree fiddy. Now please read the Welcome Guide.
    If you are inclined to spend a lot of money and want a pretty trophy with which to pass the next few years of your life that talks to you in a condescending voice, can't navigate to save its life, expects full control over all you do, demands $13 for a $3 purchase, allegedly has a single recessed button, needs an expensive computer and a credit card to do anything, hates your music and has purses designed just for it...

Get married to someone you hate... or get an iPhone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New to LG's premium Android phone? Check out the Optimus S Welcome Guide.
    Used ROM Mangler on your Optimus S and having problems? Try this.
    Thanked by:
    Va1ha11a likes this.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by epidenimus View Post
    About tree fiddy.
    Been a long time since I've heard that one. But yes, the welcome guide sticky is where you want to go. Its a great resource for beginners.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

i lovedit but i had to start over beause i didnt follow one step lol /

Let me ask a silly question: if I have the custom recovery now, and had a rooted zvj nand backup (before I installed first custom rom), do I need to install a stock recovery in order to restore that nand backup file (going back to a rooted stock system)? I tried to do it in the custom recovery but after rebooting I was stuck at sprint logo.
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

You shouldn't have to use a stock recovery to restore a nandroid. Nandroids have a habit of taking an extremely long time to boot up after being restored for the first time. Are you sure it was stuck at the sprint logo, or was it just taking it's sweet time? (I remember having to wait 10+ minutes on one occasion, but I think it also depends on the quality of your sd card). What happens when you try it again?

Very new to all of this, So I thank you for making it VERY simple for me. Now to decide where to go from here.Thank you!
    cole2kb likes this.

ROM
    rooted ZVJ

Pardon a NOOB question, but if I want to go from rooted ZVJ back to rooted ZVD, what's the process? Is it as simple as running optiauto again and choosing option A (and following the rest of the instructions), or do I need to go through the hassle of unrooting and returning to stock, then rooting ZVD again? I've already got rooted ZVJ, but I wanted to try Quattrimus - and apparently that can only be installed with a ZVD baseband.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Default [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ

If you don't want to completely unroot to zvd and reroot etc, you can always use this method to run a zvd rom on your ZVJ baseband. [Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus S)

And no this thread will not accomplish what you want to run quatrimus

I'm having problems on step C. When it goes to install persistant root it says operation is not permitted. Any ideas?

ROM
    DanteROM(w/Hydro)/CAI CM9

Quote Originally Posted by mtyrala View Post
    I'm having problems on step C. When it goes to install persistant root it says operation is not permitted. Any ideas?
    As above, make sure you're following the steps to the letter. Check what baseband you're currently on (by loading into Android an going to About Phone) and make sure you're on ZVD. If you're not, you have to follow the instructions to install the ZVD baseband, root, upgrade by push, and then install whatever ROM you want. that is, if you want to upgrade. It's not necessary with Nitestalker's patches.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I do option A and get at the end when I look up at the log it says "[+] Rush did it ! It's a GG, man !" I then hit ay button to reboot and every time it reboots the phone completely to Android. So I have done this over and over again about 15 times and every time I get the same above message but it reboots to Android. So for the heck of it I shut it down and went into recovery and I can say that it installed the recovery software but when I follow the rest of the instructions and try and load the update, it throws the error
    "E:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
    (unknown error: 0)
    Installation aborted."
    I have downloaded the package multiple times as well. I am curious if I am doing something wrong?
    The phone was ZVJ but I used the thread mentioned above to downgrade to ZVD and that worked fine.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

Option a ONLY roots the device. You then need to continue thru the guide to proceed further. Check if you now have superuser in your app drawer.

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    Option a ONLY roots the device. You then need to continue thru the guide to proceed further. Check if you now have superuser in your app drawer.
    OK, because the instructions make it seem like it does more if you read through option A. Yes I have superuser. After I get root do I go on to Option B, because Option A says to run the update which is failing. Sorry, this is where I am getting confused. I have rooted 4 other phone models with no issues, I guess there is a first time for everything.

ROM
    RasbeanJelly/DanteRom v4

From where you are now, start from where you are now and follow the below exert from the OP. Note, there are steps bellow that are not completely automated. Follow the guide EXACTLY word for word. This package does work, I have used it myself several times! Good luck, and let us know if you get stuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    0) Backup anything important
    It is good practice to backup before making any changes.

ZVH/ZVJ radios appear to be interchangeable, so if after installing the rooted ZVJ, you are not happy, you should be able to restore a ZVH nandroid backup and have it work. ZVD ROMs will not work with ZVH/ZVJ Radios nor will ZVH/ZVJ ROMs work with ZVD Radios.

1) Pre-requisites Checklist
    SD card is INSERTED
    USB Debugging is ENABLED - [Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging]
    USB Storage Mode is OFF - [Drag down the notification bar and tap on "USB Connected", should be GREEN]
    LG USB/Android drivers are INSTALLED - [See Reference Section D1 (below)]
    Phone is connected to USB port and recognized

2) Download the Optimus automated rooting package
    optiauto-sfx.exe [] []
    optiauto.zip [] []

With the -sfx.exe self-extractor for windows, just run .exe (ie SKIP Step #3)
    With the .zip version download and UNZIP to top-level directory of your C: drive

Note #1: zergrush is a known exploit being used to root your phone. Your Anti-Virus software may quarantine or cause the download to be incomplete. Disable your Anti-Virus software if needed so the download can complete. This is only important if you plan on using the tool to root your ZVD/ZVH ROM.

3) Run the Optimus automated rooting package
    From PC command prompt, run "runfirst":
    (if you have an aversion to typing, you can use file explorer to navigate to C:\optiauto and double-click on RUNFIRST.bat)

4) Select Option to Install Root - ZVJ
    Select Option B - Install Root - ZVJ (after ALL steps complete, you will have installed ZVJ update, persistent root and Xionia CWMA recovery)

You will be presented with the following menu:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...4&d=1334184489
    5) Proceed through the options sequentially
    This is a PARTIALLY AUTOMATED script. You need to COMPLETE ALL STEPS A-C in SEQUENTIAL ORDER to be rooted with ZVJ.

In the menu system (R) indicates your phone is booted into Recovery for that step. (A) indicates your phone is booted into Android for that step.

You must ALREADY BE ROOTED on your existing ROM to run this successfully.

Code:
    Step A.  (A) Install ZVJ recovery / Reboot Recovery
    Step A - while booted into Android, select Option A in the OptiAuto tool. Assuming you are rooted, this will install the ZVJ Recovery and place the ZVJ update.zip on your phone. It is VERY IMPORTANT that the ZVJ Recovery installs correctly so pay attention to the status logs. If there is an error, it needs to be fixed before continuing. You can repeat this step as many times as necessary as long as you don't continue to the next step.

After Step A is complete the phone will automatically reboot to Recovery. The automatic reboot works most of the time, but sometimes it will boot back to Android. If it boots back to Android, just repeat Step A.

Once in Recovery you need to perform the steps listed in the Menu ON YOUR PHONE within Recovery (within Android for the last step):
    Code:
    Perform on Phone (should be in Recovery, if not, REPEAT last step)
    1. (R) wipe data/factory reset  (OPTIONAL/HIGHLY SUGGESTED)
    2. (R) apply sdcard:update.zip  (2-5 min, installs ZVJ)
    3. (R) reboot system now        (reboot menu option in Recovery)
    4. (A) RE-ENABLE USB Debugging  (Press Menu to skip Activation)
    The "wipe data/factory reset" is OPTIONAL, but HIGHLY SUGGESTED

Next, choose "apply sdcard:update.zip". This will install ZVJ. After running this step you will NO LONGER HAVE ROOT. Please do not run this step UNTIL YOU ARE SURE Step A (above) completed successfully.

When the update is complete (around 2-5 min) select "reboot system now" in the Recovery menu. This will write the ZVJ Radio and boot into Android.

Once in Android, you will find that USB Debugging has been disabled. Press the "Back" button on the phone a few times to exit the Mass Storage screen and the Initial Configuration Wizard. If you get stuck in Hands Free Activation or Sprint ID selection, Press "Menu" to Skip. Then go and enable USB Debugging

Menu->Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging

Now you are ready to select Option B

Code:
    Step B.  (A) Reboot Recovery (REPEAT STEP if this boots to Android)
    Step B - this will copy a new update.zip to your phone and automatically reboot to Recovery. Sometimes the reboot to Recovery doesn't work and you end up in Android. If this happens just REPEAT this step. This step can be repeated as many times as necessary.

Once in Recovery
    Code:
    Perform on Phone (should be in Recovery, if not, REPEAT last step)
    1. (R) apply sdcard:update.zip  (SHOULD say INSTALLATION ABORTED)
           DO NOT REBOOT, proceed to next step
    You must apply the update.zip. It SHOULD say INSTALLATION ABORTED. This is an expected error. Do not reboot phone, proceed directly to Step C

Code:
    Step C.  (R) Install Root (INSTALL su, busybox, Xionia CWMA Recovery)
    Step C - your phone should still be in Recovery. This step will install persistent root and Xionia Recovery, then automatically reboot your phone. After this step completes successfully, you will be rooted on ZVJ with Xionia CWMA custom recovery installed! This step can be repeated as many times as necessary.

Note #1 - If you get stuck waiting for the phone to connect, REBOOT your phone AND PC and try again.

6) You are DONE!

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hlxanthus View Post
    From where you are now, start from where you are now and follow the below exert from the OP. Note, there are steps bellow that are not completely automated. Follow the guide EXACTLY word for word. This package does work, I have used it myself several times! Good luck, and let us know if you get stuck again.

I do apoligize it is confusing because he says follow option A but then he never really tells you where option A starts. Thank you very much I will see if this works.

Ok so I am not sure where I failed on this.... I was running the Script and Did Option B -> A and it worked. I preformed the recovery steps and then tried to do Option B -> B but it sits on waiting for connection. I have tried rebooting both the PC and Phone and another PC. I downloaded Root Checker and it says I don't have root anymore. How could this have happened?

I just downgraded to ZVH and I'm stuck. I can't get past Step 3. Optimus tool keeps returning "adb server is out of date." After several loops it takes me back to the first menu (where Option A is to install ZVD/ZVH root). Any ideas?

*** nm. Went to LG for latest driver. that fixed it.
    Last edited by Mark Keating; 01-13-2013 at 08:25 PM.

ok well now my phone wont boot to xionia only the stock recovery what am i doing wrong?

How come the links for the rooting package don't work anymore?

Can anyone tell me where I can find a valid link for the ZVJ root. I was following steps, reverted back to ZVD then rooted phone. Wanted to keep root and upgrade to ZVJ but links are not working. Thanks
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast