Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree29Likes

ROM
    kravenParanoid test39 ZVJ

Default Re: [How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ

I don't know if this is the same optiauto.zip that was linked in the OP... but it's the one I used recently
    (kinda at least? I didn't actually run this stuff, rather I semi-manual rooted my phone, but got most of the commands out of these posts and the optiauto zip)
    (i.e. no promises! I never ran this in full, and I'm not sure it's the file that goes with this post, so while it worked for me... ymmv!)

optiauto (zvj).zip

I'm only posting it because indeed... every mirror I could find for the zvj optiauto.zip was down.
    Thanked by 6:
    fnord0 likes this.

yes im responding to an old forum but theses links are bad,but otherwise this was very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by samus aran View Post
    yes im responding to an old forum but theses links are bad,but otherwise this was very helpful
    Use the optiauto that vector84an links to above. I just used that file a few days ago to reroot my phone and it worked just fine.
    Thanked by:

i did thanks

install an app called CatLog it'll let you see your system's logs. Turn on your wifi and go to CatLog to see what is causing the error. if you are having a wifi problem, that is

Ok so here's what happened for me:
    i followed the instructions exactly (or so I think). Step B, boots into recovery, I to apply update again just like it says, but it is successful. Then I realize that I can't even attempt the next step because "Install Root" isn't even an option. What did I do wrong? (I've tried this at least 5 times with the same result)

ROM
    kravenParanoid test39 ZVJ

Going to need a bit more information about where you're starting, and what exactly you did, since if you followed the instructions exactly, I don't think that would have happened
    (the update that should fail is some sort of ZV9 patch? or something... which should not be able to install on top of ZVJ completely...)

You already have rooted ZVD or ZVH installed? This alone can't be used to root ZVJ - you first need to revert to and root ZVD or ZVH.
    [HOW-TO] Root stock ZVJ by downgrading to ZVH. has full instructions for rooting from ZVJ

The "Install Root" option should reside in the same menu that copied the update.zip to your sd card for step B
    (root is option C, where option B was the copy... both reside inside main menu option B)

YOU ARE A SAINT! Thank you a million times Vector 84an
    I have wasted a MONTH over the stupid Optiauto not being the right one for ZVJ. Thanks so much. Sorry for the yelling, but I'm yelling in real life too.

so what does it mean when it keeps telling me installation aborted no valid image in cache.

been looking for this everywhere

Do you have to remove ZVD update.zip from your phone before continuing to the ZVJ update/root? How does it know which update zip to use? Yes I am a Noob with a capital N!
    Last edited by pfoneguy1; 09-24-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy1 View Post
    Do you have to remove ZVD update.zip from your phone before continuing to the ZVJ update/root? How does it know which update zip to use? Yes I am a Noob with a capital N!
    Never you all mind my ignorance, lol. Said what the hell and I got it Rooted to ZVJ as per the instructions. It was kind of a PITA, every step after A I had to reboot my comp? Big a big thanks to the OP and the rest!!

I was thinking of using a custom rom, but then I might be handing this phone over to my mom and it appears I would have to revert back to the stock rooted rom in order for her to activate the phone on her own account, correct? Anyway, maybe I should jusr stay with the stock rom and just remove the bloatware,etc., is there a link to what to and what not to remove on the Op S?
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by pfoneguy1; 09-24-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

I know this thread is old but I I need some help. I just got rid of my optimus and gave it to a friend. He wanted it rooted, and I was running ZVJ so I downgraded to ZVD rooted and installed Reborn Rom. It was pretty good. But always wanting better, we rooted back to ZVJ and installed GingerMod. Its meh. He prefers Reborn Mod. So How do I unroot this ZVJ back to ZVD and reinstall Reborn Rom ??

Quote Originally Posted by smmergrl View Post
    I know this thread is old but I I need some help. I just got rid of my optimus and gave it to a friend. He wanted it rooted, and I was running ZVJ so I downgraded to ZVD rooted and installed Reborn Rom. It was pretty good. But always wanting better, we rooted back to ZVJ and installed GingerMod. Its meh. He prefers Reborn Mod. So How do I unroot this ZVJ back to ZVD and reinstall Reborn Rom ??
    I played around with mine quite a bit in the last couple months so I am not quite a dumb as I was before. I would just recover back to stock ZVJ Root and then downgrade using update.zip to stock ZVD and re root ZVD with a clean slate. You can use the automated rooting package to unroot using option C and then re-root ZVD by using option A , so please re-read the the OP carefully. That said, when I did that I ran into some conflicts so I just ran the downgrade update.zip to stock ZVD and re-rooted using the automated rooting package. Long story, but I returned to ZVJ and the Dante ROM and it has been working well.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pfoneguy1 View Post
    I played around with mine quite a bit in the last couple months so I am not quite a dumb as I was before. I would just recover back to stock ZVJ Root and then downgrade using update.zip to stock ZVD and re root ZVD with a clean slate. You can use the automated rooting package to unroot using option C and then re-root ZVD by using option A , so please re-read the the OP carefully. That said, when I did that I ran into some conflicts so I just ran the downgrade update.zip to stock ZVD and re-rooted using the automated rooting package. Long story, but I returned to ZVJ and the Dante ROM and it has been working well.
    Thanks! The main reason I returned to ZVJ was to try out DanteRom, I heard good things about it. But all the links are invalid and I can't find the download anywhere. If you happen to know where I can download DanteRom

After running GingerRom for a few days, the battery life has been great. I was reading how some people say the battery life with Reborn isn't that great. If that is the case I would just keep GingerRom. Reborn has some better features, but I know my friend would prefer to have a longer lasting battery. I would still like to try out DanteRom if possible.

All of the links that I could find to v4 of DanteRom failed. However, the developer has v5 (beta) available. See the download a ways into the thread. This is the ROM I want to use. First, thought, I need to figure out how to go from my rooted XVD to XVJ.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456