[How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ

Drakahr

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
OK, did the profile update, no difference :/ Now for the ##72786# to work I know I need my lock code, I've attempted to get the code, but using Android Terminal EMU but when I try getprop ril.MSL I get no results, also tried after entering su. but my prompt in ATE isn't just a simple $ or #, it is sh-3.2$ or # respectively. I assume sh is short for a shell, but anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Drak

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK, did the profile update, no difference :/ Now for the ##72786# to work I know I need my lock code, I've attempted to get the code, but using Android Terminal EMU but when I try getprop ril.MSL I get no results
Sorry, getprop ril.MSL is something you can do for Samsung. I probably lost track of which forum I was on. To get your MSL you'll need to either get it from Sprint or use CDMA workshop. Probably easier to call Sprint. Ask for tech support. Tell them your data isn't working right and it was suggested you do a ##786# reset, but now it is asking you for a code and you are stuck. They'll give you a 6-digit code, that is your MSL.

Then do a ##72786# reset from your dialer and enter the 6-digit code. (I had you ask them about ##786# reset even though you'd be performing a ##72786# reset, because it increases you chances they know what you are talking about off the bat)

Anyway, the difference between the two resets is ##786# reset will reset your Android user data as well as NVRAM. ##72786# reset only resets the NVRAM.

Drakahr

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the code by calling no problem, I tried the ##72786# it seems to have had a positive effect. I think I want to blow the phone out 1 last time though. I want to know if I have this optimum or if I'm missing something.

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cash partition
mounts and storage
mounts and storage menu - format system, data, cache
advance and debugging menu - wipe dalvik cache

install zip from sd card: GingerRom, PowerMod, and GingerKernel

reboot system, let sit for 10 minutes or so, reboot again

Those are what I gathered should be the full processes. If there are any other combination of rom/mod/kernel that might work better for me you can reccomend id love to check them out them. thank you so much for all of your help and what you do here.

Drak

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cash partition
mounts and storage
mounts and storage menu - format system, data, cache
advance and debugging menu - wipe dalvik cache
##786# reset from dialer will do all this for you in one step.

rjcotton

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
just want to make sure of something. I have the zvh radio with hydro rom beta 2 installed. do I do option B to install the rooted ZVJ.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
just want to make sure of something. I have the zvh radio with hydro rom beta 2 installed. do I do option B to install the rooted ZVJ.
You can do that. Since you are using a custom ROM, it is probably better to do the optional factory reset step in the Option B instructions, but if you are comfortable booting into recovery by hand (and performing the factory reset) if it bootloops, then you can skip and see what happens.

Mahalalee1

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The instructions could not possibly be more confusing. I'm trying to go from ZVH (rooted) to ZVJ (rooted)

The command prompt says to do things on your phone...but my xionia won't install "update.zip" from sd card. It's a bit unclear whether everything is done through the USB cable or directly on the phone. When I did it through the command prompt it worked, but the prompt made it sound like I had to do some of the steps manually on the phone.

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I did Step A and it worked fine with no errors whatsoever. However, when I tried to apply sdcard:update.zip, it says installation aborted. However, at the part I'm at, its supposed to work I think, so idk whats up. I tried rebooting but it just shows kraven's cm9 boot that I had originally. Should I just go straight to part C?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The instructions could not possibly be more confusing. I'm trying to go from ZVH (rooted) to ZVJ (rooted)

The command prompt says to do things on your phone...but my xionia won't install "update.zip" from sd card. It's a bit unclear whether everything is done through the USB cable or directly on the phone. When I did it through the command prompt it worked, but the prompt made it sound like I had to do some of the steps manually on the phone.
Not sure what you are reading, but there are some steps you do from your PC and some steps you need to do on your phone. The ones on phone are noted by the (R) and (A) prefixes in the instructions. R means done on Phone's Recovery menu. A means done on phone in Android.

After you run Option B, Step A, you should no longer have Xionia.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I did Step A and it worked fine with no errors whatsoever. However, when I tried to apply sdcard:update.zip, it says installation aborted. However, at the part I'm at, its supposed to work I think, so idk whats up. I tried rebooting but it just shows kraven's cm9 boot that I had originally. Should I just go straight to part C?
You might need to revert to ZVD first. There is probably some incompatibility between where the script is installing from and CM9.

If you post the install logs, I can figure out where things are going wrong and fix it. Otherwise, reverting the ZVD might be faster for you.

BigTunaD

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I am having some problems. I get to the point where I try to flash the update and when it runs in backup it tells me the verification failed.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having some problems. I get to the point where I try to flash the update and when it runs in backup it tells me the verification failed.
1. Verify the md5sum of the update file before flashing, if an md5sum is provided. This ensures file integrity.
2. Turn off the signature verification via your custom ROM and flash again.

Reactions: BigTunaD

BigTunaD

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
1. Verify the md5sum of the update file before flashing, if an md5sum is provided. This ensures file integrity.
2. Turn off the signature verification via your custom ROM and flash again.

Thanks for the help. I think I know what I did wrong, however I ended up running over my Opitmus S last night so new one on the way. *Facepalm* EPIC FAIL!!

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I think I know what I did wrong, however I ended up running over my Opitmus S last night so new one on the way. *Facepalm* EPIC FAIL!!
You're welcome. I hope that you didn't run over it in frustration and that no one was talking on it at the time...:eek:

BobbyJenks

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Regarding the CM7.2 or 9 ZVJ Recovery install failure. All I did was flash ThundeRom 1.8.3 and it worked fine. No need to return to stock.

BigTunaD

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. I hope that you didn't run over it in frustration and that no one was talking on it at the time...:eek:

No frustration. I just dropped my phone out of my bag when I was strapping my son into his car seat and my wife just......well, it's a grease spot on the street now. :(

mbwdoran

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to use this on a Mac (which don't run .bat files)?

I have ZVH root and I'm trying to get ZVJ root to use HydroRom.

Last edited: