Optimus V black screen - PLEASE HELP! :(

zphd

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I own an Optimus V and tried to install Picasticks v7. Long story short, my phone's screen is black, although the phone still produces sound, vibrates, etc. The problem is that when I connect the device to my PC, it does not recognize it, and ADB/Screencast do not work because the device is not recognized. This prevents me from using any fix I found on the Internet!

I'll try to explain my situation thoroughly. It's gonna sound stupid and noobish but I'd rather give all the details and solve the problem.

* Started with an Optimus V, stock.
* Formatted my SD card.
* Based on experience with the Nook Color, installed the ClockworkMod 2GB image onto my SDCard. Attempted to reboot the phone on ClockworkMod, and failed.
* After this I realized I needed to root my phone first.
* Rooted my phone using Gingerbreak. Worked.
* Installed SuperUser and ROMManager. Did not install BusyBox. Both SuperUser and Rom Manager worked. (After reading other threads I realize my mistake in using ROMManager with this phone...)
* Performed a Nandroid backup.
* Attempted to reboot into recovery from ROMManager. Failed.
* Read this thread. Based on this, I installed flash_image GUI.
* Downloaded Pickasticks v7 starting from this thread.
* Tried to install Pickasticks using flash_image GUI. Failed
* From this point on I do not recall whether I tried to install again using ROMManager, or whether flash_image GUI was the last time I tried to install.

Current state of phone: When I restart the phone, the LG screen kicks in, then all goes black, as many users have reported, with or without the SD card on. I just confirmed that I can still receive calls (of course I have to blindly slide the screen to answer).

Problem: I want to access my phone using ADB or Screencast so I can restore my phone using Xionia Clockwork. However, when I connect the phone to my PC, there is that sound when you connect a USB device in Windows, but then the device is not detected. So, when I go to Android SDK and try "adb devices", the List of Devices Attached is empty.

I also tried connecting the phone to another computer. The device was being installed but then Windows gave an error saying the device had been unsuccessfully installed. In particular it showed that the LG drivers had failed to install.empty. Screencast also fails because no devices are detected.

Can you please help me? :( I understand I probably did some things wrong as I went along. This is a nightmare. All I want is to return to the backup I had and just use the rooted version of the Optimus.

Thanks!

C

zphd

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello, thanks for answering. I'm not sure if I did - how can I do this? What I realized is that in my Windows Device Manager there is an exclamation on the "LG Android USB Device". I will try to install the LG Optimus V drivers from here.

zphd

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: After installing the drivers mentioned above, I can now detect the device. Will update as more progress done.

rnorris97

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Uhm, sorry to be a nag, but you are in the wrong section.
Just a hint: Dont do this anymore because the mods dont like that. ;)