Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sfhub
  • 1 Post By drewwalton19216801
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3 ZVJ , Stock 2.1

Default No, no, no.

I apologize for my actions.
    Last edited by rnorris97; 05-12-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    Always try, again, again, and again (unless you brick your phone) lmmfao. - Issac Newton

ROM
    Stock

Does this work anyone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Seditec View Post
    Does this work anyone
    Course it works.
    Always try, again, again, and again (unless you brick your phone) lmmfao. - Issac Newton

ROM
    Optimus sRom, G-Tab CM7

Unhappy Re: Optimus S ZVJ Root

So sorry... doesn't work. Windows exe calls bat files and runs out of environment space so bat commands are frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by benvenisti View Post
    So sorry... doesn't work. Windows exe calls bat files and runs out of environment space so bat commands are frozen.

Default Re: Optimus S ZVJ Root

Same issue: Out of environment space

ROM
    [BETA][ROM][MIUI] Rawrzil

error creating process <command.com/c
    >. reason: the sytem cannot find the file specified

please help I unrooted phone to reistall an app that would not install on a rooted phone. before I rerooted phone using sons of korhal app that was the only app that would root phone. I updated to zvj please help me reroot my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks7210 View Post

please help I unrooted phone to reistall an app that would not install on a rooted phone. before I rerooted phone using sons of korhal app that was the only app that would root phone. I updated to zvj please help me reroot my phone.
    Read the sticky at the top of this forum or this post:

[How-To] Automated Rooting of LS670ZVD/ZVH/ZVJ

You will likely need to downgrade to something first, either ZVD or ZVH, if you want to end up with a rooted ZVJ.
    [How-To] Rooting LS670ZVH
    Installed ZVH by mistake? Use simple update.zip to revert to ZVD / Froyo
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM

Deadly crash error issue has been taken into notice, issuing a update command to everyone who downloaded the client. Sorry. :P
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by brooks7210 View Post

Whoaa there, I'm sure it was a error caused by the os not the program. What os are you running?

ROM

thanks I got it it runs great
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM

Anyone who did receive the OTA update, please tell of any problems found .

ROM

the program was facebook. I unistalled it because my contacts pics were not showing up. I was running zvh rooted. the play store would not let me download. It said app not aval. on your device. also flixter would not stream movies i own it even called my phone out about rooted. while my phone was unrooted Sprint gave me the update to zvj. I reverted back to zvd , and used the automated method listed above. really easy to get the zvj radio with a custom recovery, and for it to be rooted. I also installed gingerkernel, I am looking for a nice rom to load on there. But thank you to the person that came up with the last root method it was very straight forward, and easy to use.
    Thanked by:

ROM

i am sorry hydrokernel not gingerkernel
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by benvenisti View Post
    Thanks for telling me. Problem fixed

Default Re: New Optimus S Root

EDIT: I see that you at least left some mention, when someone runs the script, where it came from, but removed it from the first post, then added a "license" to the installation.

I wasn't going to say anything but this is getting to be too much.

It is really bad etiquette to ask for my help to modify the auto root scripts I put together to work on your phone that has a broken USB slot, then post the modified version without waiting for permission (but at least making some mention that they were based on my scripts), then check everything in as a new project, remove any mention they came from my scripts and basically move on as if you had written the whole thing.
    Last edited by sfhub; 04-19-2012 at 10:51 PM.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    EDIT: I see that you at least left some mention, when someone runs the script, where it came from, but removed it from the first post, then added a "license" to the installation.

I wasn't going to say anything but this is getting to be too much.

It is really bad etiquette to ask for my help to modify the auto root scripts I put together to work on your phone that has a broken USB slot, then post the modified version without waiting for permission (but at least making some mention that they were based on my scripts), then check everything in as a new project, remove any mention they came from my scripts and basically move on as if you had written the whole thing.
    It's a open source license, and I didn't mean it like that. That's why I added you to the script. But, I'm working on something else more GUI like so it can be user-friendly. So ill take down your script.

Quote Originally Posted by rnorris97 View Post
    It's a open source license
    I understand what the license is.

The point is you add a license (open source or otherwise) to your own work. You don't add it to the work of others, especially without asking them.
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
    I understand what the license is.

The point is you add a license (open source or otherwise) to your own work. You don't add it to the work of others, especially without asking them.
    I understand. I was working on a GUI-based program, so I'll take your program down. Plus you're in the credits on the forum again.

Global Posts
    2,539 Global Posts
    ROM
    HydroROM

Quote Originally Posted by rnorris97 View Post
    I understand. I was working on a GUI-based program, so I'll take your program down. Plus you're in the credits on the forum again.
    It's been 3 days and you still haven't taken it down. Reported for stealing sfhub's work. Credit or not, stealing is stealing, and we don't tolerate it here.
    Thanked by:
    heavenslovechild likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

ROM

Exclamation Re: New Optimus S Root

Quote Originally Posted by drewwalton19216801 View Post
    It's been 3 days and you still haven't taken it down. Reported for stealing sfhub's work. Credit or not, stealing is stealing, and we don't tolerate it here.
    Not trying to be funny or anything but as of version 3 , I dont use sfhub's script I just batched adb commands, and honestly when I tested V3 the root doesn't work. So, I'm not using a script, therefore I didn't steal his work. Again, not trying to be funny or anything.

[HL]EDIT: Actually, I just checked SourceForge, and I guess I forgot to upload V3. :P Well guess I have to start from scratch since a virus wiped ALL of my files so download links removed as of 4-23-2012 until I can get a working alpha version again.[/HL]
    Last edited by rnorris97; 04-23-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: DEAD WRONG
    Thanked by: